“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel to visit relatives near by & used the Hilton Honours plus cash scheme which was very good value. Not over happy at having to pay £5 each night for car parking.
The hotel in general was very smart and clean even though there were weddings taking place on both nights we were there.
We had a family room which contained 2 king sized beds whcih were very comfortable & the beddeing and towels were changed each day. TV service provided was excellent and really could not fault it. Had a couple of minor problems with room which were sorted by the time we returned to the room with a Cadbury chocolate bar & note telling us the repair had been done. All in all a very good hotel.
It was very unusual to have the washbasin in the passage between the entrance to the room and the bathroom. This had no door on and so there was no privacy when having a wash. The light for the bathroom also operated the light above the sink so the whol;e bed room got lit up. The door to the bathroom just skimmed past the toilet seat & the bath opposite meaning that you had to stand in the bath to open & close the door. Weird. Who does design these things? Does no one check them before the builders leave?
We did not eat there as we were visitng relatives nearby & only needed a bed. We did think that £20 for 2 breakfasts was excessive especially as we were only looking for toast or a bacon sandwich etc.
Looking forward to our return anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for a week whilst on a training course for my employment.
Day one, COLD breakfast!. The plates had a warning next to them along with a stack of cloths to hold them with. You needed a cloth to keep your hands warm. When I say the scrambled egg was cold, I mean literally. I was one of the first in for breakfast so the heat lamps they were under hadn't managed to warm the top of them yet. The reat of the food was only luke warm bar the black pudding, that was hot enough.
Day two, early morning call. My alarm was set for 6:15, I hit snooze but lay there trying to work out what the deep rumbling noise outside was. It was a bin lorry negotiating the car park to get to the service yard. This got better, it was one of those vehicles that pick up big bins of rubbish and lift them to deposit the contents into the top of the vehicle. It was tipping the bottle bins at 06:25 !!! Two of them. If you have ever heard these you will know they make a lot of noise. There is housing on the other side of the car park too, I'm surprised they haven't complained before now.
Thursday I wake to find the bill for the room next to mine had been pushed under my door.
On checking out I got two bills, one for the stay that was covered by the credit card submitted on arrival and a second bill for the car park! £5 for 24hrs if you're a resident. Quite cheap really if you were somewhere with limited parking availability, which this hotel is not. It's the principal of it. Charging residents for parking their vehicles is just a rip off. This place is no where near any major public transport so you would expect folk to be in their own vehicles.

The room itself was not well appointed. Power socket next the TV and one on the dressing table/bureau. The lighting was not briliant either. The TV was in good order and of a decent size although you have to negotiate one of the usual hotel type systems to watch anything at all. The carpets were not clean, the vacuum had not been under the bed for several months, the standard lamp had obviously not been moved for a while either as the carpet around and behind it had quite a decent amount of dust that showed a tide mark where the vacuum could reach. The skirting board area was just the same, a 15-20mm border of darkness and dust. Not what you might expect from a Hotel in this chain.
I'll recommend Premier Inn to my firm as it's closer to the venue and the reports I got of that place were favourable. I certainly wouldn't choose this place again as long as a decent alternative is present.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here for the bank holiday as it was a convenient location for the Cadburys world. In general we had a good experience but we were very disappointed with the poor customer service at reception desk when we were not made aware that we would be charged for breakfast for the 3 days. Even at checkin or during the 3 days we were not made aware of breakfast charge and the really disappointing thing is that on the bill we received on checkout their was no actually no charge for breakfast but when we got home 3 days, after I was shocked to receive a bill through the post with the breakfast charge for £30. Now I feel this is very unprofessional and very bad customer service as I have been charged me for something that I that I knew didn't exist. I wouldn't have minded if they had told me that breakfast was not in the rate as at least I would know but I feel like they have cheated behind my back and charged me for something I was completely unaware of. I am a Hilton honours member and have never had a problem like this in all my recent stays with Hilton over the years and it has definitely put a negative impression of Hilton customer service from reception staff. I also contacted the hotel for a possible refund after but the lady at reception was again unhelpful and unwilling to do this as she. If anyone from hotel would like to contact me to discuss this matter feel free to contact me on khurramkhwaja@hotmail.com if not I doubt I will be staying at a Hilton again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

very nice place to stay would advice anyone to stop there if it was an option. if any problems were to occur they will deal with it straight away. You really do feel the want you to have the best stay ever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a modern hotel with a nicely developed green area, beautiful furniture in the bedrooms, a lovely restaurant. But there are drawbacks: the price of room service food items, the distance from the nearest settlement (you'd have to have a car or strong walking legs!), the time it takes to get a response when you ring for something. Also the waiting time when you check in can be ridiculous, and you have to listen to explanation of their problems with getting BT out to fix connectivity problems, rather than being checked in manually and allowed to go to your room. Having stayed in the Rubens (London) I now know what a good hotel looks and feels like. Just as well we took advantage of a discount (latebookings.com), otherwise we'd have felt rather hard done by...

Room Tip: You could ask for a room near the spa if that's what you're going for. Certainly ask for one...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I took my daughter here for an overnight stay so that we could visit Cadbury World over the Easter weekend. The hotel did an easter egg hunt which was enjoyable. The room was large with a comfortable bed. The hotel had a very nice restaurant with good quality food. The cooked breakfast was great. The lounge area was good with a warm fire burning. The swimming pool was good but the changing rooms could do with updating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I use Hiltons all over the world and we used this one as reward stay stop off on a journey from Scotland to Cornwall. Great location just off the M5 and South of Birmingham. Staff were very welcoming but a bit annoying having to pay £5 to park, when you are not in a city centre.

Our family room was perfect, refreshed and modern with very comfortable double beds, good products and the nice new range of Hilton products.

The hotel has a cracking pool complex - which the kids loved - decent sized and well maintained changing rooms.

The bar area is a bit outdated with some wobbly old chairs but pleasant enough for a drink.

I have to say the meal exceeded expectations with the kids eating free and the menu and food were excellent for a Hilton.

Would definitely stay here again... But please Hilton stop ripping guests off by charging for the Internet - infuriating in this day and age.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!