“Decent night's sleep!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
“Decent night's sleep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stated at this hotel on both business & leisure over the last 7 years this stay was a leisure stay with my 5 year old son; my son loved the pool, his chicken nuggets & chips for tea & the complimentary chocolate bar in the room. I enjoyed my dinner (Tandoori Chicken Salad, onion rings & chilli green beans) & I enjoyed the level of attentiveness by the staff I the restaurant & Reception. Breakfast starting at 8am on a Sunday is a pain (we came down early for cereals & they were ok about it), the room was large & comfortable. The heating could have been a little more effective, although we weren't cold enough to be uncomfortable. In summary, I would recommend the Hilton Bromsgrove as the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas T
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for your kind words about the team at the hotel, they will appreciate your feedback. Glad to read you enjoyed your stay.

Sorry the room wasn't quite warm enough for you, next time you stay, you are welcome to phone ahead and make sure we either turn it up for you or put another heater in the room. Happy to do that as we appreciate it has been very cold recently.

I know we start breakfast later on a Sunday (honestly, very few people come down early unless we have a conference on the go) but you are welcome to sneak down and if we have it ready, you are welcome to help yourself.

Thanks once again for your time

Michael Squire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Wirral
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have to say I have been staying here for a while But I've recently seen cut backs pretty much all over the hotel. It's just a basic things that are nice touch when in the hotel, for example no biscuits in the room any more and if your gold or diamond member you no longer to get the nice Hilton chocolates or that matter you don't even get the small bar of Cadburys dairy milk that they recently started with! The latest one is you no longer get the very small bottle of wine in your room each night you get a drink voucher that you have to go to the bar to exchange. Which in itself is not a bad thing but if you're here for three or four nights you only get one voucher. So my tip would be if you are here for three or four nights book each night individually to ensure you get your member benefits. I am sure they will realise that having to change bedding etc each day will become cost prohibitive! Better still find another hotel I can recommend the holiday inn which is only five minutes away!,,

1 Thank S_GIDDSS
Thanks for your time and effort in providing some feedback after your stay with us.

Our Gold and Diamond members do get a selection of benefits when they stay with us as they are our most loyal customers. We have put Cadburys chocolate in the rooms for a few years now, rather than the 2 small Hilton chocs that we used to put in. It's far larger and from a local company. We also put 2 x 500ml of water in the room and the drinks voucher is instead of the wine as it does allow guests far more choice than just wine. If you are staying 4 nights then we do give 4 vouchers for the customer to use. There are also 'MyWay' benefits as well.

The next time you are staying, do come and say hello,

Thanks once again for your time,

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked a couple of rooms for 2 nights recently. £70.00 room rate seemed ok until hit with car park charges.
Food was reasonably priced but offered poor value. Had the tiniest portion of pâté ( 2 quenneles made with teaspoons)with a some tiny splash of relish. Chicken Tikka was very dry and the bed of salad soggy.decided not to eat here on second night.
Minus 3 outside but even so the room heater struggled to keep the room warm, bathroom was very cold.
Staff were great and helpful particularly in the bar. Overall Decor was dated and tired looking.
This used to be a great hotel when Stakis had it as a Garden Court but has not maintained its quality.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul H
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback after staying with us, appreciated as we can always seek to learn and improve. I was glad to see you were able to take advantage of a good deal on the room, but like many establishments nowadays (from hotels to shopping centres to hospitals) we do levy a car park charge to help us cover some of the opertaing costs of such a large area. I do acknowledge such charges can be contentious.

I was sorry to read that you felt our portions were not large enough for your liking, my apologies for that. I will talk to our chef, but if you are ever dining and feel the portion is too small do let us know and we can see what we can do at the time. We do serve many meals every day and despite our best efforts, like anyone we can get something wrong. If you do feel we have erred, please do let us know so that we can seek to put things right at the time.

We are fortunate to have large bedrooms, but we should have the heater set so that the room is ready for you, not to have to heat up a lot further once you have checked in.

I will ensure that I do pass on your comments about the hotel colleagues,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Cheltenham festival. Location wise it is great - close to motorway & only 45 minute drive from the racecourse. However that's where the positivity ends I'm afraid. The hotel is a little tired & a bit shabby in places. Rooms spacious enough but bed not very comfortable & it was a bit chilly. There was a heater but no extra blankets supplied. Breakfast average but some of the plates were not clean. We had dinner one evening which was cavery at £15 per head. Nothing special & to be honest I wish I had walked down the road to the Toby Cavery which would have been half the price. Drinks very expensive at the bar - pint of lager and G&T almost £10. Also you have to pay £5 per night to park at the hotel which seems odd as it is not in the town centre. Bottle of water in room was £3.95 but there is an off-licence within walking distance so I would suggest you go there instead. Staff are okay in the main but one complaint we have is that we were sat in front of the tv in the lounge, clearly watching a programme and one member of staff came up and switched channels without even saying a word which I found extremely rude. Overall it was average but as we were out of the hotel most of the time it didn't really matter but I wouldn't rush to go back.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank pb231
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback after your recent stay with us.
Sorry to read about your room being a little cold for your wishes. even though it was cold the week of Cheltenham, we could provide an extra heater or extra duvets on request, no problem. Please do let us know if you do need anything.

The Toby down the road, does do a good carvery for £12-17 for a three course meal, but unlike us they do charge extra for a children's menu, whereas our children dine for free from the children's menu when their parents dine.

Like many establishments nowadays, from hotels, to shopping centres to hospitals, we do levy a charge to contribute to covering the cost of operating such a large area. We do accept that such charges can be contentious at any time. We do have Litre bottles of water available for our customers to purchase should they wish to, or we would happily give them a jug of tap water if they preferred at the bar to drink instead.

Sorry about the channel changing, we do show a lot of sport because of demand, but we should always be courteous when we change channels.

Our thanks once again though, for your feedback, which we trust we can learn from

Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

What an awful place. Noisy, dirty and would never go again.

Reception were actively telling customers that they had overbooked the rooms and that 3 people old be turned away, they give dirty smelly rooms to non smokers who have requested no smoking rooms, the double glazing doesn't fit and the road noise is awful, teapots are not cleaned and are served stained and dirty, stained cracked cups put out at breakfast, bathroom floor tiles cracked in many places, chairs and tables in dining room stained and damaged, £3.95 for a bottle of water in the room, the walls are so thin you can hear exactly what is going on in the room next door. I was woken this morning by the sound of the chap next door having a wee! it sounded like the wall was being jet washed ... ( this is funny but really not acceptable - rooms should have a reasonable level of sound insulation)

I honestly don't know how Hilton can lend their name to the property - terrible !

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !
2 Thank miffyYorkshire
Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay with us, we appreciate your time.

On the night you stayed we did have two people arrive, one of whom had booked for the wrong month and turned up a month early, the other lady had no booking with us at all. We did help them both find alternative accommodation.

Thank you for your feedback about breakfast, I know we do serve a lot of breakfasts but you are right the items should all be clean and ready for use.

In our hotel we do have 3 different styles of bedroom and our few last remaining smoking rooms are the oldest. When we are full we do have to use every room. We are slowly removing smoking rooms from our hotel as we refurbish and we hope we will become a non smoking hotel later this year. In all bedrooms, customers can purchase a Litre bottle of Strathmore water if they chose to.

Our thanks to you once again for your time,

Michael Squire

Travelers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The age of the building is not so bad except that if you're here during the cold months, it's very drafty and cold even in the bar dining area.
Housekeeping is subpar; bedding has not been changed after 3 nights and you have to ask for a 2nd bar of soap for the shower. Washclothes are not replenished.
Do not attempt to eat in the restaurant since you will be told that all tables are reserved even though only 1/4 of tables actually have people sitting at them. Reservations are apparently required to eat at the hotel restaurant even if you are a guest.
If you are working late, be aware internet access is inconsistent and not very strong.
Thsi location is convenient so as long as you keep your expectations in check, you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank wiremom
Thank you for your time in providing us with some feedback after your stay with us, your time is appreciated.
We have experienced some cold public areas, with the recent extreme cold weather and winds blowing and have struggled to keep those areas as warm as we would have liked, my apologies for that.
All our bed linen is fresh for every arrival. In our hotel we do have a green policy where we do change linen every 3rd day. If our customers want towels changed more often they can chose to leave them in the bath and we will replace every day. As our room attendants make the beds each day, they can use their judgement and can change the bed linen more often if heavily creased or soiled.
We do encourage our guests to let us know they wish to dine in our restaurant, so we can have a table ready for them. As we only have 86 seats, the space can go quite quickly and if it all goes in the middle of service (around 7 - 8 pm) then we do struggle to fit more in and we must manage the bookings better.
Our 20MB wifi throughout the hotel is provided by BT Openzone. We do check it regularly, apologies if there was a dip on the night you were in. If that should occur, please do let us know and we can investigate further.
As you say our location is good, but we do also need to work hard on ensuring our customers have as few niggles as possible,

Thanks once again,

liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Used this hotel for a trip to Cadbury world with my 2 children. We had to wait 20 mins in the reception as the room was not ready, this was at 3pm and after a 2 hr drive just wanted to get to the room. The first night, I had to ring reception to be moved rooms as there was a dog wailing in the room facing me which was horrendous to listen to... The second night had to ring reception again as there was a family party in the conference room, to which the adults of that party thought it was ok for their children to run amock in the room above me, the manager was there within a coup,e of minutes to sort it out, but an hr later the same thing happened again. For the price of the hotel would think that the £5 parking per day would be included. On a positive note the children liked the pool, the food was really nice, would recommend the tandoori chicken salad. Breakfast was nice, and Sophie was lovely who served the tea, and asked how we were and remembered the next morning to ask the children about cadburys world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angela d
Thank you for your time in providing us with feedback after your stay with us, I appreciate your time.
I was sorry to read about the noise disturbance as a result of other people's inconsiderateness, please accept my apologies for that.

Like many establishments nowadays, from hotels to shops to hospitals, we do charge for parking to help cover the costs of operating such a large area. I do accept that any such charges can be a little contentious, but we do have offers over the summer where car parking rates at weekends is included in the rates.

Glad you enjoyed the food and I will tell Sophie she did a great job looking after you,

Thanks once again,

Michael Squire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Westmead Hotel
Westmead Hotel
#38 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!