I stay at a number of Hilton Hotels & this is a nice example. Similar to a number of other Hiltons recently it has seen some improvement with some of the rooms being improved - room decoration, furniture & TVs. However the bathrooms could do with some improvement soon.
The public areas are smart & kept well clean. On the whole the staff have always been very helpful & polite, which adds to the experience. The menus have improved significantly over recent years so eating in (whilst not cheap) is a pleasant experience.
There is often sport on TVs in the bar, which is great BUT it can be too loud, so if you are not interested in it, you really can't stay in the bar as it is too distracting.
The room rates I get either via Hilton website or agency tend to be quite good for a Hilton BUT & it is a big BUT the extras do pile up & it really seems excessive & takes the edge off the stay. Firstly they now charge £5-00 parking which they never used to. I was told it is company policy - this is clearly not the case as I stay in several Hiltons & many do not charge this. Secondly there is a £5-00 "tray charge" for bringing room service to your room. Finally the Internet is £14-99 for 24 hours. This means if you drive to the hotel with work to do in your room in the evening & therefore want to eat a light meal in your room you immediately have a £24-99 extra charge to your bill. I would rather have a "real" price for my stay at the outset rather than these "extras" that I can't do with out - I have to park my car, I need Internet access! Many many hotels who are much smaller than the Hilton brand do not charge for any of the items just mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 20 minutes from Birmingham Airport, the Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa offers an ideal location to explore the heart of England. Located half a mile from the M5 and M42, the hotel provides access to the beautiful Cotswolds region, Birmingham city center and shopping areas and picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon. With a bar, restaurant and Java coffee shop, 60ft indoor heated pool, fitness center and nearby golf course available, you may choose to simply relax and unwind at the hotel and the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove Hotel Bromsgrove
- Hilton International Bromsgrove
- Bromsgrove Hilton International
- Hilton Bromsgrove