“stayed twice in last 3 months.. and both times had an enjoyable stay. Hotel staff and food, cleanliness etc excellent...”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is probably one of the best hotel we have stayed in. The overall experience was first class. The staff are absolutely lovely, friendly, helpful and it's nice to see they all seem really happy and work as a team.
The food is excellent. One important factor for me especially is it is spotlessly clean everywhere.
The pool etc is a bonus too.
Only thing that let's the Hilton down is parking charge..I know it is only £5.00 a day, but we travel from different ends of country so have 2 cars.. i think it should be free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words of feedback after your recent stay with us, I will certainly pass it onto the team.
I do know that car parking charges can be a contentious issue, but like many places nowadays from hotels to shopping centres to hospitals, we do levy a charge to help cover the costs of operating such a large area. Over last summer, we did have a period where car parking was included in the rates we offered and we may be doing a similar offer this year as well.

Thanks once again for your feedback and hope we see you again soon

Michael Squire

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice hotel and pleasant staff, one downside i was on the first floor and had 2 large bags and there was no lift.
Also a a woman travelling alone i prefer room service - i did find the £5 tray service excessive.
WIFI is expensive so next time i would choose a hotel with free WIFI.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hi there and thanks for your time in giving us some feedback. I appreciate your time.

In our hotel, we do only have two floors. I know we don't have a lift, but we are always happy to carry luggage for our customers. Just let us know and we'll happily oblige.

We do have 20MB wifi throughout the hotel, operated by BT. We chose BT as so many customers, through having BT at home, or through 3rd party mobile affiliations, can log onto the facility for free as part of their own packages. We do also offer complimentary wifi in the lounge of the hotel for everyone to use. If you are staying again, we're happy to assist you and see if we can get you logged on 'for free' with one of these many packages.

Thanks once again for your time,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Was told when I got to hotel the correct package was not booked and so I had to pay extra. Spent the whole evening explaining how I booked it and the hilton site I used. Felt like I was being accused of lying. They finally agreed an error could have happened " but it's not hilton hotels fault" the next day we returned to our room after a day out and the beds were not made properly with pillows still on the floor and cushions. I later told the staff about this and again had faces pulled at me as though I was just complaining about nothing. The final morning we had no hot water. We called reception twice and then when checking out we're told they gave me the option to shower in a different room which they didn't. Really disappointed with quality of this hotel and the way staff handled complaint. The site to book days out package needs to be checked by Hilton. The ways room were made up were not up to standard with any other Hilton hotel I have stayed at. The sheets were old and torn.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonya K

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on Trip Advisor after your visit to our hotel.

Our Cadbury Packages start fully in February as they are open fully from then. If you have the confirmation correspondence which confirms that tickets were included in your package, we can follow through our end and see where our mistake may have occurred. I thank you in advance for sending this onto us.

When we service bedrooms, we do seek to make them up and presentable again. If families have been playing in them we don't look to interfere with personal belongings when we remake the room.
We did have a couple of rooms that had hot water issues on the Saturday night, as a boiler went down. Our genuine apologies for that. I know we offered another room for you to use Sunday morning, sorry to hear from my reception team, that you were unable to take up the offer. We did move another couple of rooms because of this.

Thanks once again for your time on our behalf, we look to use all relevant feedback as we review our training programmes in the hotel.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I though I was getting a good deal with the single standard room with breakfast for £75. Excellent I thought for an overnight stay! Greeted, or not, by ignorant male receptionist. Hands me a receipt for £125 instead of £ 75 and points in direction of room, most unacceptable. Turns out parking is £5, wifi cost £15!! Room was big but toilet was dated with cracked tiles and old shower. The bar meal was very good value at £17 but bizarrely the male waiter delivered the food without a word and faced the other way when delivering. I nearly fell off my chair when the glass of "house white" cost £9+. Overall the added costs wasted my stay...more expensive than recent 4 star in Venice ! Pitty was looking forward to it after a long drive. Much better alternatives in area for next time. I think this is probably the first time staying at a hotel that the word "greed" has been at the ford of Mykonos in terms of added cost.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks for your efforts in providing us with feedback after your recent stay with us.

I was glad to read that you had found a good B&B deal in one of our double rooms. We are fortunate we don't have any single beds in the hotel.

When customers check in, the cost of the accommodation and £50 (to allow charges to be made to the room) are charged to one's credit card. On check out, any unused portion of the pre-auth is released back onto the card as we complete the transaction.

Like many establishments nowadays, from hotels to hospitals to shopping centres, we do levy a charge for parking to help cover the costs of operating such a large area.
Our 20MB wifi is provided by BT. We chose them as a partner as so many people, with home BT accounts and 3rd party mobile affiliates, can effectively log on 'for free' We also have complimentary wifi in our lounge area of the hotel which all customers can make use of. If you are staying again, we are happy to work with you to see if we can get one of these options working for you.

My apologies though, if the team were not as friendly as they should have been. We will run some remedial training sessions with those two areas within the hotel.

My thanks once again for your time,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent disabled room, nothing to much for the staff, taxi ordered for our trip out by reception, breakfast is buffet style but will say it's hot you can have as much as little you like. Bedroom is very comfy no complaints, very clean room and you can get some fab deals.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thanks very much for your kind words about the team. I will make sure I pass them on.

See you again soon

Michael

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night and although the room was one of the largest I have stayed in for a while I felt the price was very expensive compared to most hotels of a similar standard.The buffet breakfast was very good and the service was excellent.Check in and check out were both very swift and the reception staff were very pleasant.I can not comment on the restaurant as I visited the Toby Carvery up the road (5mins walk) £5:99 compared to the hotel prices.
All in all a pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

1  Thank Keokeo
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was rather disapointed about my last stay at the Hilton Hotel nr Bromsgroove. Although the room as clean, the bathroom was somewhat dated and shower curtain encroached on your shower space. The room was an odd number and i would recommended that you request an even number for a quiter nights sleep as road noise from the motorway is easily heard from the room which was facing outwards. The breakfast was pretty dire, perhaps I'm expecting to too much but the bacon and sausages were almost tasteless.However, I did eat in the bar the night before and I has the special, 2 courses for £17 which was good value and tasted good. They also have flowers on tap which is also good. If your driving to thr hotel you are also charged £5 for parking. On a plus note, the hotel is equipped with a good gym and swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing inwards to aviod road noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback after your recent stay with us.

I know our bedrooms are all double bedded and are 30% larger than the UK average bedroom, we hope it makes up for the fact that our bathrooms are probably 30% smaller. It is an unusual design, my apologies for that. Sorry to read you didn't fully enjoy our hot and cold buffet breakfast, apologies that those items were not to your liking. I know we do a lot of breakfasts, but I will feedback to our Chef.
Like more and more establishments nowadays, from hotels, to hospitals, to town centres, we do levy a parking charge to help cover the costs of operating such a large area. I do accept that such charges can be a little contentious.

Glad you enjoyed the special in the bar,

Thanks once again for your time

Michael Squire

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!