Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
$93
$55
$69
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Bromsgrove Central Hotel(Bromsgrove)(Great Value!)
$69
$70
  • Restaurant
Hillscourt(Rednal)
1,353 results
All reviewstwo double bedscadbury worldroom was largerestaurant stafftoby carveryfamily roomleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomevening mealbreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightbirminghammotorwaymidlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I thought the overall facilities were fair, in a "Crossroads Motel 1972" kind of way, but when I tried to make an early departure at 5am I found the main entrance doors in the front lobby were locked. This is signed as an emergency exit, and would be the main point of exit in a fire, but it was locked with no way to open in an emergency, no indication of what to do. I called and eventually a staff member appeared with a key, which he used to laboriously unlock the doors. When I suggested this process might be a problem in a fire he was totally unconcerned, he just said that he was never far away and could unlock the door as required. I cannot believe this meets fire standards - I intend to report to the local Fire Authority and ask their opinion.
Apart from the above, it's an ok hotel if you don't mind tired decor and cracked wash-basins.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank oggierobt
Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you've stayed at Hilton's before then you'll be pretty familiar with this type of hotel. It is big, clean, well equipped, nice staff, nice pool and gym, and large quiet rooms.

Of particular note was the restaurant, which had free kids food from 10 and under, and was very nicely cooked, well above expectations. Breakfast the next day was top notch too, so a big recommendation to the chef.

Finally, the best part was the price, we paid £60 for a family room on a Friday night, with two massive double beds, and we got upgraded to an Executive family room, so a bargain all round (and cheaper than the nearest Travelodge!).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thanks for your feedback and kind comments about our hotel, I will pass them onto the team. You are right, we do have some good deals from time to time, glad you could take advantage of them and our bedrooms are large (just don't mention our bathrooms are small!)

Thanks once again

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Bromsgrove once before and was delighted by my stay. This time however I was seriously dissapointed to the point I wouldn't stay again.

Room seriously cold on arrival, heater didnt work, asked reception to check heater whilst i went to the gym someone checked heater and advised it was working... an hour later room still freezing. Some rude staff later who I overheard saying that I just couldnt work the heater... not true who then advised me to leave the heater another half an hour to heat up.. it didnt. Duty Manager came and advised heater not working by this point it is 10 at night.... Not good. TV intermittently worked often giving me other residents names and changing as they changed the channels, it actually came on on it's own accord in the morning of both days waking me up... worst still because the clocks had changed it came on the second day at 6am.

My bed wasn't made on the second night of my stay although they did refresh the tea which I had been forced to drink in an attempt to keep warm.

Worst of all I found a condom wrapper by my bed on the first night of the stay.... Not good. Overall not the quality I would expect from a Hilton and I left feeling colder and more tired than I arrived.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback after your recent stay with us. I know we tried to call you several times but weren't able to get through, so we have taken the liberty of writing to you instead.

Our apologies that the heating was playing up, I know we had it working and then it seems to have stopped again so we had to put an extra heater in the room later on. Thank you also for the points you have recorded, some of which we weren't aware of but we will undertake some remedial training in the relevant departments.

Our thanks and apologies once again,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very tidy and nice , well set out hotel. the reception staff on checking in were polite, natural, no "lets talk the training manual! just lovely polite and friendly girls.

we had a family room which was very large and even though the bathroom was small it was adequate with good toiletries and enough large towels. We ate at the restaurant on the first night and the waiting staff were again very natural and helpful. My steak was overcooked and it was whisked away and replaced quickly, the second was overcooked too but i wanted to eat with the family so put up with it. this was the only down side to our stay, but would probably put us off the restaurant again.
We used the pool with our daughter and although busy with lots of children the pool attendant tried very hard to control some awful guests who blatantly broke the rules. he stayed calm and efficient, but at this point we left, due to the other guests.
The bed is soft,the pillows are a little too soft, very feathery and deflate quite quick.
Breakfast next morning was good and plentiful, although the staff where no where as good as the previous night, not a smile in sight from the waiting girls, the cook was really pleasant though. I suspect they are Weekend staff only and dont have the same ethos as during the week.
We had a problem with the flush on the toilet and the maintenance guy arrived within five minutes.
All in all i would stay again, but would need my own pillow, the standard of service is superior to some other five star we have stayed in but given the choice the hilton would win over.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking your time to provide us with some feedback after your recent stay with us.
Regarding your comments I will take the time to pass onto our chef about the steak being overcooked for your preference, if we got it wrong once we should've done better the second time. My apologies for that.
I will also take some time to relay to the team about smiling, even early on a sunday morning. The breakfast chef seems to have had a good nights sleep!
I was sorry to read that we had a busy pool and some people who weren't abiding by the rules. I'll have a chat with the club manager to ensure in the future that the right people are asked to leave the area. Apologies for their inconsiderateness.

I thank you once again for your time and points raised, we will use them within the hotel in the future for training purposes.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel was great value, was in an ideal location for us and smart inside: reception, bar area and pool.
The beds were really comfy with cosy duvets. However, our room was really tired looking. Some of the rooms have been refurbished but we weren't lucky enough to get one of those.
However , after a good nights sleep I was willing to ignore the surroundings as it was great value.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks for your review on TA, your time is appreciated. Thank you for your comments about great value, booking at the right time can get some good deals from our website.
We have found lots of people pass comment about our location and how accesible we are - close to the M5, M42 and M6. Glad you liked our Sealy beds, we have replaced all our beds in the hotel within the last two years.
We are also working on making some changes in our last few older rooms, generally the smoking rooms and as we do so, we'll have less smoking rooms in the hotel.