“Good food and a friendly welcome”
Review of Spices Restaurant

Spices Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten here at least once a month for a couple of years, and have tried most of the dishes on the menu. We have even had some that aren't on the menu. The staff are always helpful and friendly, and have even recommended food when we can't make up our minds. We have some favourites, but like to try new dishes occasionally. The food is always good, and has to be the best in the area.

Abdul m, Manager at Spices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review,we try our best to make sure everyone is happy.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spices is by far the best balti house in Bromsgrove. Not only do they serve their dishes to a very high standard but the service that comes with these is excellent, always a friendly welcome. Since Spices opened we have constantly been regular customers not only for a sit in meal but also for takeaways. I can't speak highly enough of Abdul & his staff, a credit to themselves.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have been going to Spices since they opened some years ago. Simply cannot fault the place. The food is great - and if you want something that is not on the menu then you simply ask and they will make it for you. Abdul and the team are really friendly, accomodating and always willing to help.

I'm usually someone who likes to try different restaurants, but I just keep going back to Spices and so far I have not been disappointed. The take away food is also first class and very reasonably priced.

Abdul m, Manager at Spices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments , we also want to thank you for supporting us, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was recently invited to a works do.. it was chosen that we would be dinning at small restaurant called Spices in bromsgrove. I am not a big fan of Indian food, having experienced few rather unpleasant meals in the past.. as we walked through the front door we were greeted by a smiling member of staff who showed us to our table.. the restaurant was virtually packed with every sit occupied.
As we sat looking through their extensive menu another member of the staff brought our drinks and also helped explain some of the dishes and what it contains.. he was really helpful as I went with what he recommended.. as a starter I went with a chicken stuffed pepper made slightly Spicer.. As for the mains I went with Bengal lamb but without the boiled egg and a plain nana.. we decided to skip the dessert and coffee.. I found the Bengal lamb to be very tender and had the right amount of spice for me to enjoy.. the nana did go well with the dish but I may have enjoyed it more with just a plain boiled rice..... the staffs were always at hands to help and advise..I really enjoyed the experience of this small restaurant, the atmosphere, the taste of the food.. if I was in the area I would defiantly make this a stop....

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Having read the reviews of this place I opted to have my meal here having chosen Bromsgove for an overnight stay whilst travelling the length of the country.
7hrs in the car, gave me plenty of time to look forward to the meal.
I called up and the staff were FANTASTIC. They helped me chose what to get, and as I got lost trying to find the place, they were Brilliant in helping me out.
I picked up the food and again the staff were most helpful, providing me with some plastic cutlery.
Having got to the hotel, I was salivating at the thought of the meal especially having chosen it after reading the reviews here.

What a disaster!!!

The food was so bland. My wife and I shared a spinach paneer, of which there was about 6 cubes of paneer in a sauce made primarily of onions. The tarka daal that is meant ot be flavoursome and warming was nothing more than boiled lentils with no salt and no taste to talk of. It actually reminded me of baby food :-(
The views were shared by my wife and we just picked at the naan (v nice) and threw away 75% of the food, despite having looked forward to it so much.

I know this is contrary to many of the views here, but it was my experience.

Not sure if I will be going to Bromsgrove again, but I think that Pizzaman next door will get my custom if I want a meal that I will enjoy ......