“Improved but”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Improved but”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Have not been for a while as it has not been very good in the past Took my cousin and his partner 2 of us had the lamb which was absolutely delicious My cousin had the chicken and it was over cooked The puddings were superb I would go again but for the atmosphere We used a voucher and I felt the waiter looked down his nose at us Very stiff and formal Such a shame as I felt the chef was really trying I lunch out a lot with my girlfriends in Cobham and la capanna does not enter our radar With a friendlier atmosphere we would go there

London, England, United Kingdom
“POINTLESS PASTA”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was shocked by the tiny portions that was supposed to be a mains! It was more like a mouse sized starter. When I asked where the rest of my dinner was - the despondent waiters poo-poo'd me.

VERY OVER PRICED for, tiny, children's style portions. What a dull, rip off and utterly bad dining experience. Worse still I had to wait AGES just to have a disappointing, frugal and rather tasteless plate of pasta & sausage served up.

AVOID unless you like being shamefully ripped off.

M.Barber (Bow, E3)

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Max B
Woking, United Kingdom
“Over priced and poor food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and visited this restaurant nearly 30 yrs ago and returned to go down memory lane however it was at this point I recalled why I hadn't been back in 3 decades!!
Poor food, a pretentious menu that was significantly overpriced....bit sad really....needless to say wont be back.

• Visited October 2012
LONDON
“Always a great place to celebrate special occassions”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

La Capanna is one of the few places we have been to many times and never been disappointed! Food is always great with good and attentive service and the location itself has a special old world charm and calm feel about it.
We like to go here to celebrate special or memorable occasions because the memory of it always remains with you, and conversations can flow freely and quietly on a table without having to overcome the volume of a noisy venue.
One for a more formal or cultured lunch / evening, rather than a fun and lively place for friends and family to let their hair down.

• Visited August 2012
London
“Poor excuse for Italian food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A past dining experience was poor so had not returned. However after reading a review in the current Surrey Life magazine which sounded amazing - even suggesting the chef was after a Michelin star - we decided that things must have changed considerably. Well the only thing really Italian about our dinner were the Italian waiters! A very small menu offered nothing spectacular, and a far cry from real Italian cuisine. Crab & Avo salad was nice, Burratta & Aubegine was nice, Rack of Lamb on very solid mash was overcooked - asked for medium rare and got well done - and side vegetables made the meal a pub Sunday lunch!! The prices are outrageous. Also be aware that even though 12.5% is automatically charged to your bill, when you pay by credit card the machine programme has the cheek to ask if you would like to add a service charge ........ so if you are not paying attention you give them more! I think the reviewer of Surrey Life doesnt understand what a Michelin star entails as it is no where near achievable here!

• Visited September 2012