“Bully boys!”

Campaign Paintball & Laser Park
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Cobham
More attraction details
Owner description: Campaign Paintball & Laser Park is conveniently located southwest of London just off the M25 at junction 10 near Cobham. The centre provides 12 movie-set game zones including 'Dodge City' (a complete wild-west town), 'The Dark Tower' and 'Convoy'. The base camp is just as spectacular, with the focal point being large missiles at the entrance. Campaign is one of the largest centres in the UK making it ideal for small and large parties and company days. Campaign offers separate age groups: Adults, Students, 10-13 year olds, 8-10 year olds and 6+ (for Laser) ensuring all games are equal and everyone has a great time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bully boys!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This complaint is more then 10 years old! I still feel the need to have a rant as every time I think about it, it winds me up.

Ok so where do I start? I was new into paintball at the time and I had just purchased a paintball marker. I choose Campaign to play as at the time that was the only paintball site I knew about as War Games had shut down by that time.

On the first game the marshall was very rude & aggresive. I took my complaint to the owner/manager who was a large gentleman with a beard. The owner told me that the marshall is always right no matter how rude & aggressive he was. With reluctance I continued to play!

After a few more games, another gentleman had approached me (this guy I will never forget) he was very thin & tall with a black beard, dressed all in black wearing a black baseball cap. He started to have a go at me, saying I was in the wrong for questioning his marshals & complaining to the manager/owner. I will never forget it because he told me that if I didn't like it then I should sod off!

So I did in fact leave! I promised myself to never return to this place.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Angryki

“great day paintballing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have just got back from a great days paintballing and felt I should make my first review to acknowledge this . Having been to Campaign about 6 years ago, I decided to get some mates together for a return visit . Loads of changes since my last visit and pretty much all for the better .
The marshals here friendly and helpful. Us adults were grouped together playing different games to the kids , a nice touch.

Two of my friends who haven't played before cant wait to play again ,most of us agreed dodge city was our favourite and I will not be leaving it 6 years to play there again

Visited June 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Just a brilliant day out!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I haven't played paintball for about 20 years and when my son wanted to go for a birthday treat I'd heard from a mate that Campaign was a good choice...he wasn't wrong!

Things have certainly changed from when I played...most of all the level of service we received...faultless....the staff were enthusiastic and helpful, the gear they gave us was clean and even lunch was good!

Even though it was a busy day we weren't left hanging around, we were given an allocated place for our group to rest between games and the staff helped out whenever needed.

All in all....would I go back? Absolutely!

Visited June 2013
Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My son's 13th birthday ruined! I will not return”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My son begged me to take him paintballing for his 13th birthday so I booked him and a group of his friends into Campaign Paintball in Surrey.

We arrived and as you can imagine the kids were so excited. They hadn't slept the night before and were keen to get started as soon as they got out of the car! I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived. I was assured at the time of the booking that the staff would look after us and explain how everything worked when we arrived. Sadly this was not the case. Having missed a flying object which I later discovered was a roll of tape that was my introduction to Campaign. Lucky for me one of the children caught it so no one was hurt. I was then told by another father that we were to put tape around each childs arm and that was to be their team colours.There were marshals just a few feet away but they just stood there chatting amongst themselves. I thought to myself - isn't this your job. Not mine? I am the paying customer and was promptly set to work to look after the group myself. What a welcome!

The overalls provided were in terrible condition. Many with little or no fastenings, ripped, nothing covering their necks and leaving their own clothes exposed.

Lunch - we would have been better off bringing our own. I couldn't bring myself to eat it even though it looked good. One of the staff members who had just come off the field was serving it with hands covered in mud, hair not in a net - clearly no-one believed in hygiene here.

The end of the day was finally upon us. Kids telling tales of who shot who first and looking forward to the presentation. Sadly there were no certificates or award of any kind other than a 'bruise of the day' competition. Who in their right mind would have such a competition running? Comparing who had the biggest bruise 'worse shot of the day' - not something to be celebrated for all in sundry to see! My son was so upset he had no certificate / prize of any type to take home to put on the wall.

This is not what I expected at all. We spent well over £250 for his paintball party. I strongly suggest to any parent out there thinking about going paintballing NOT to use Campaign. I am sure there are professional companies out there and had a done my homework first could have had a fantastic day. Paintball does look like fun but just not here!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Carlos M
Campaign3, Owner at Campaign Paintball & Laser Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We welcome all feedback from our customers and any genuine complaints are taken seriously.

However in this instance, we question the validity of the review. It has even been suggested that bad reviews are being left by a competitor...a common problem with Trip Advisor. There are things written in this review that are simply untrue. Firstly, our kitchen is NOT staffed by marshals, but by separate kitchen staff. We have a 4 Star Food Standards Agency rating granted by Guildford Borough Council and staff regularly obtain food hygiene qualifications. We won the Site of the Year Award at the UK Paintball awards AGAIN last year and we have gone through strict accreditation by the sports governing body.

At the end of the day, the team marshals who have been with the customers all day, gather both teams together and summarise the day with a brief presentation. As our customers will know, this is a lighthearted affair, announcing the winners and celebrating any birthdays. 'Top Gun' certificates are awarded for good play and the occasional little bruise..all done for fun.

Whilst we cannot guarantee a perfect day for everyone, we strive to do just that, and thousands of happy customers are testament to this. Our reputation means everything to us and has been built up over 25 years. We are an owner managed local business and one of them is always on site, happy to help with all aspects of the day.
Cobham, United Kingdom
“Adventure,excitement and wholesome fun on your doorstep”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We'd originally planned to take my daughter and a group of her friends to Chessington for her 12th Birthday then a friend recommended paintball. I'm glad we took the advice- what a brilliant day the kids had and much more enjoyable and better value than a theme park - running around in the woods burning up that energy, no hassling for more things (everything included in the price when we booked - very rare that you don't end up forking out more!!)
The staff were wonderful they really looked after us all and were particularly good with the more timid members of the group. All the kids left saying it was one of the best parties they'd been to and were all desperate to go again and from a parents' point of view I have to agree - it was the easiest and most relaxing party I've ever arranged with the added bonus of meeting comedian Bill Bailey who's kids were playing too. He's a regular customer apparently and something tells me we will be too!

Visited March 2013