All reviews service station service area motorway services food hall fast food outlets room was clean overnight stop air con budget hotel first floor disabled room what it says on the tin easy access booked this hotel short stay night's sleep would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here this week for one night as meetings nearby. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

There’s loads of parking and plenty of choices available for food in the services

It was reasonably clean but not great. Woken up a few times but slept okay but sheets didn’t feel clean and felt itchy.

Would probably stay again if convenient

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We stayed for 4 nights as we had a meetings in this area. The hotel looks like they doing some refurbishments so is clean and tidy. We had the room far away in the area where the building site is so in the corridor was very cold in the room was ok. The last 2 days we didn't had heather on as is has broken and no one even bother to fix. Not complained only warn the reception desk.
Nothing to say it is budget hotel for 1 night to get the rest after the long drive.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2019

We stayed here for one night at the end of a trip through England. This was by far the worst place we stayed on the entire trip. The carpet in our room was dirty and had a sticky substance in several places. Whatever the substance was, it caused my sock to adhere to the floor when I tried to lift it. In addition, the toilet was not clean when we first arrived at the room.

The bed was not comfortable and was misshapen. It was too high in the middle and too low at the sides. This made for a very poor sleeping situation. The shower temperature fluctuated wildly between too cold and too hot. In short, this hotel was not very good!

In spite of the troubles, I still gave the hotel a rating of 2 because of its location. It was convenient to reach from the motorway and there was easy access to the food court of the adjacent service area.

Because of the cleanliness issues, I would not choose to stay here again. London is an expensive place and we thought we could avoid some of the cost by choosing this hotel. We made a bad decision.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2019

Myself and a mate were staying here for a wedding not too far away and as we were on a budget this suited us quite well. We literally only stayed here for one night for about 8-9 hours, as you can imagine at a wedding you don't do much sleeping :p.

But on a whole the hotel was clean, spacious, comfy, quiet and conveniently located. The staff were friendly and very helpful, when alarm didn't go off and we missed check out by about an hour, a the lady let us off which was so kind of her, once we checked out we went to the service area (next door) and got some grub all in all a good weekend!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel for business purposes & my stay was nothing short of amazing. The people were so friendly & the manager Kate was so kind & helpful & done everything she could do that I required.. Everyone greeted me with a smile.. My room was spotless & everything was in place.. I loved the food too from Harry Ramsdons.. I definitely will stay again when I'm in the area in the future..

Date of stay: March 2019