“Amazed”

Days Inn Cobham M25
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Got a good deal on this hotel, whilst planning a trip to relatives. Was a little apprehensive about a services motel. But ...... very pleased. Admittedly this is March 1st and we had a room at the back on the ground floor. No traffic noise (which was my biggest worry), clean, comfortable, easy to find, easy parking, friendly staff, and an amazing selection of food within a minutes walk. Might be busier/noisier in summer.... we'll see next trip. I like a bath, seems all rooms have just showers I think, but no real issue.

Room Tip: I would guess upstairs and at the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were allocated room 116, a standard double en-suite on the first floor for our two night stay on 28th February 2013. The room still had the feeling of newness and was reasonably quiet throughout the stay so we found no need to use earplugs! Excellent value for £25 per night booked on-line well in advance. Our car was easily parked so it was visible from the bedroom window without any difficulty at all. The drive to Wisley was just over 4 miles and it was about 7 miles to National Trust Polsden Lacey. Twinnings Breakfast tea and Kenco coffee sachets appeared on the service tray each day! I'd happily stay here again should I be travelling this way in the future. Nice modern facilities can be found in the adjacent Service Station with what became a very handy M&S Simply Foodstore on site too. Easy access to both sides of M25.

Room Tip: Book in advance. We overheard someone being charged full price at Reception desk which amounted to m...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while passing through. It is a brilliant location. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was bigger than I expected. With the windows shut you could not here the m25 or the nearby traintrack.The plug sockets were a little low for some plug to fit in. There were plenty of food choices as it was joined to the services. I would defiantly sat there again and recommend it to anyone passing through.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for seven nights on two occasions in February 2013. The location suited us as it was easy to access from the M25 and only 15 minutes from a family home we were visiting. I suspect most visitors will stop here overnight enroute to somewhere and for that purpose it is ideal.

The hotel is only 6 months old, the cleanliness of the rooms and quality of the bathrooms is excellent.
The standard rooms are perfectly Ok and differ from the executive rooms, as far as we could see, with only the following additions; ironing board and iron, refrigerator, reconfigured bathroom with slightly larger shower tray, desk light, upgraded duvet and a throw on the bed.

We did not take the breakfast in the hotel opting instead to walk through the interconnecting door to the food hall and Starbucks, and get coffee and pastry there.
We did notice that Starbucks charge charge 35p more for the coffee here than in the equivalent high street location, and this was in-line with the 10p per litre extra on diesel at the petrol station. MacDonalds was just good old MacDonalds though.
The free Wifi worked effortlessly in the hotel, but in the food hall it was a bit more difficult to connect unless you had an O2 or BT login, or hung around near MacDonalds.
The hotel staff were welcoming, friendly and did their best to sort any problems.

So what could have been better?
We had 3 different rooms, the first had plumbing noises coming from the heating vent and disturbed us in the night, the shower waste was partially blocked, the power sockets for the desk were all set too low and you could not get any plug in them.
On our second visit the room had a window that would not open, so we were upgraded to an Executive room. This room had the toilet roll holder hanging off, the desk lamp was broken and the heating fan could not be set on the lowest setting.
If you want to plug your laptop in to the flat screen TV to watch a movie you will be disappointed, as it is annoyingly recessed in to the mirror unit and you cant get to the connectors. The Freeview TV reception is excellent though.
The 5 ft mattresses seemed the same in all the rooms and for us they were too soft. A pity that the hotel have not invested in a better quality bed. Maybe not an issue at all if you are only there for one night, or on your own, but very bouncy when your partner turns over in the night. Methinks no pocketed springs in there!

Would I stay here again. Yes its perfectly Ok, it is a budget hotel and probably better than the other two leading chains. Because of the bed, I would prefer a twin room, but I don't think they have any.
Don't be put off by the fact it is a motorway hotel. The external soundproofing is excellent, we had a room overlooking the lake at the rear and were not disturbed at all.

If the management made regular room inspections most of the niggling things we pointed out could be sorted before they become complaints. (In pursuit of excellence -why not try sleeping in the rooms like they do at Claridges!). My wife would also like to have seen pillow protectors.

The rackroom rate, if you walk up, is much more that the on-line price, and you can get real bargain prices through Laterooms.com .

Hope thats helpful - have a good trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor at the back. External noise was not a problem in any room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights last weekend,having found a really good price with Late rooms.
Without requesting I was given an executive room - lucky me---- it was spotless,the bed was very comfortable,and the room was very cosy (adjustable air-con) and quiet.
The staff were really nice, and I would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

During a period of bad snow in the UK, I was travelling from the Gatwick airport area back towards London Heathrow where I had brought forward a flight the next day to the US. My earlier plans to stay a couple of hundred miles outside of London had already been thwarted by the weather and the conditions on the ground were pretty grim.

As I had not eaten, I pulled off onto the new motorway services on the M25 at Cobham - there's a great food court there with many choices, including McDonalds, Starbucks and an M&S food store. I noticed that alongside there was a Day's Inn, so I decided to see if there was availability. Although I would have normally booked something a little more "upmarket/upscale", this seemed close enough to Heathrow to do the job. Almost, "any port in a storm" (literally in this case)!

However, it soon became obvious that this was actually an excellent choice. From the friendly and efficient receptionist, the extremely competitive room rate and the clean/modern surroundings, this actually turned out to be a very comfortable and sensible accommodation option. The rooms are small, but clean, modern, and with virtually every amenity that you need - including free wi-fi.

At the hotel reception there is a door that leads you immediately into the adjoining 24 hr services complex, so there is always hot food available (many choices during daytime and evening hours). Essentially you are staying in a comfortable, modern, budget hotel with its own food court attached (the facility also includes an extensive WH Smith and other stores).

I am giving this hotel an Excellent rating - not because I think it is better than a 5-Star hotel in central London, but because I think it is an excellent example of the budget hotel sector. I experienced a warm welcome, an efficient check-in, clean and space-efficient room, coupled with all essential amenities ... and the incredible convenience of an immediately adjacent motorway services complex that you can access without even venturing outside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Another stay and standards are even better than before. The wifi now works in the rooms and the fridge stays on so keeps my water cold. The room was spotless. Good choice of food and drinks from main service area. Great welcoming and friendly staff,my stay was cut short by the snow but i was given a refund for the night i did not stay however i shall return soon : )

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Premier Inn Cobham Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs

Been to Days Inn Cobham M25? Share your experiences!