“Amazing stay, venue, service, rooms and food!”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
London
“Amazing stay, venue, service, rooms and food!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I arranged a celebratory meal with Katie - she was on the ball, courteous and went through my booking thoroughly.

The sit down meal was amazing. The staff were not imposing, you would hardly have known they were there! The food was beautiful, there was a constant supply of food. Completely met our expectations!

As it was a celebratory meal of our wedding we were upgraded to the Kings Suite - WOW! What an experience! Comfortable bed! Huge room! (2-rooms infact)

Breakfast was lovely too - I love the service of handpicked - you know what you will get and the staff are so friendly and ever so helpful, nothing is ever too much.

Thank you. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay; I have shared them with all of my colleagues and especially Katie. I was delighted to read that you were 'wowed' by the Kings Suite and by the food and service in the Oak Room. We look forward to you coming back to Woodlands Park very soon.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a wedding nearby. We were able to check in early which was most appreciated. A warm welcome and a good room rate. The room was a good size and a lovely big bed. The bathroom looking a little tired. Breakfast in the morning was good, nothing exceptional but certainly adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a lovely review after your recent stay at Woodlands Park. I was pleased to read that we were able to provide an early check-in, a warm welcome and that you were pleased with the bedroom we allocated to you both. I have noted your comment about the bathroom and I will take this into account when planning our redecoration/refurbishment plans for this year.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Woodlands Park in the very near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Had an overnight stay here payed £199 bed breakfast & evening meal. Room ok fab bed large tv nice bathroom . Quite dated some bizarre furniture large desk for dressing table . Needs some tlc.
The meal in restaurant £38 not tons of choice but what we had was nice although I strongly objected and would have complained had we not been with friends. Several things on menu extra I paid £4.50 extra for scallops as a starter as did a friend if we had one scallop cut into six bits I might be exaggerating . Others things were quite a lot extra too. As for the drinks don't get me started I know it's hotel prices and in a affluent area but come on.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review after your recent stay at Woodlands Park. I was pleased to read that, on the whole, you had a really enjoyable stay and I have noted your comments about the dressing table, the fabulous bed, the large TV and the good bathroom.

The menu in the Oak Room changes weekly to reflect the seasonal food available in the markets and we usually include a couple of higher cost dishes at a small supplement. The dish you mention is three diver-caught scallops per portion. Drinks prices at Woodlands Park are benchmarked quarterly against both the local hotels and High St restaurants but also against other Hand Picked Hotels to ensure that we remain competitively-priced; I am sorry that you found them to be higher than you anticipated.

Kind regards

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed last Saturday and had a fabulous evening. The staff on reception were very friendly and accompanied me up to the room and the service in the hotel continued to be top notch thereafter! I was in an Executive room (35) which apparently is the basic room type in the hotel but was amazed at the standard and quality of fixtures and decor. The view of the back garden was lovely too.

The best part however was the food, fabulous quality fish for main course and as good as any 5 star restaurant in London (and I've tried a few including Gordon Ramsey in Chelsea) in my humble opinion. The waiters were also faultless in service whilst at the same time being friendly. Could not fault the hotel in any way.....

Room Tip: Can't comment as only stayed in one room and if they are all that good then your in for a peacef...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for writing such kind things about your recent visit to my hotel; it is much appreciated. I was delighted to share your review with my colleagues and Chef, in particular, was delighted you enjoyed dinner in the Oak Room.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Woodlands Park in the very near future.

Yours sincerely

Hatfield Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just had a very nice weekend away at this hotel. It is a traditional oldy, worldy hotel complete with wood panelled walls and with a fire for relaxing by in the bar. The hotel staff were all very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The food in the Oak Room restaurant was superb and the room whilst small was modern and fully equipped and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. It was a pleasure for me to read it and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. I have shared your feedback with all of my colleagues and I know that they are pleased that their attention to your needs was appreciated.
Our new Executive Chef, Alec Mackins was really pleased to read your comments about his food as he has worked hard in the short time he has been here, to influence the menu and its dishes. That you enjoyed his food is a huge reward for his team's efforts.

I do hope that it will not be too long before you make a return visit to us.

Yours sincerely

Tring, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our anniversary trip to get away.. I have to staff were amazing. From the point of booking some last minute changes we had to make, the team were so accommodating. Big thanks to Ruth who managed our booking. When we arrived, we were treated to an upgrade & a little anniversary card. The cream tea was lovely. Room was lovely, biggest bed and beautiful bathroom.. Thank you! Unfortunately The dinner was slightly disappointing.. It took ages to get our canapés then we waited and waited and then had to prompt the waiter we were still waiting for our table at 845! The oak room food was ok... I wouldn't say amazing but ok. It's a shame an extra charge was made for scallops and steak when the rest of the menu was a little disappointing. Staff were lovely and breakfast team so friendly! Overall lovely weekend away.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Woodlands Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for posting a review and your very kind comments. I am delighted that your visit was a huge success but am sincerely sorry that dinner service was tardy. Fortunately we were very busy but unfortunately we had staff illness which contributed to a delay in service for some guests. I do hope that it did not tarnish your overall visit to Woodlands Park and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here if or one night. Very traditional old style hotel with great service and great if you like peace and quiet. Beautiful wood panelling throughout and great history.

Staff first class and very attentive. Breakfast was superb. Well presented and served rather than the all too common buffet

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your very kind comments about my colleagues and Woodlands Park. I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast, it is something we are particularly proud of.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Hilton Cobham
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!