“Great hotel for a wedding!”

Woodlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I recently got married at the Woodlands Park hotel and I have to say the day all went so well. Beth our wedding co-ordinator was fantastic on the build up to the day always there to answer my many emails! and nothing was ever a problem.

On our arrival on the day before the wedding we were greeted by Beth and Peter the Operations manager, he took everything on board and listened to all our needs. I was able to hand over all my bits for the day to him and his team and I was able to relax for the evening.

I stayed the night before the wedding at the hotel with one of my bridesmaids and my sister and her children. All the staff were so helpful to me and my siser especially as she needed things for the children and they were there to be on hand.

On the wedding day itself all I can say is it all went so smoothly the staff were great and the room looked stunning and all my guests really enjoyed their day and the food....we had the lamb for main and it went down very well as did the evening buffet.

When you look around at wedding venues many hotels can be a bit impersonal but the Woodlands being a smaller hotel I really felt looked after. So all I would say is take a look around!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Woodlands Park Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Having attended various receptions at The Woodlands Park Hotel and then sadly, having a family bereavement this year, we decided on the Woodlands Park Hotel because of its close proximity to Randalls Park Crematorium.

Granted, the hotel is nearby and in a lovely setting, but they completely take advantage of people who, being bereft, are already vulnerable. Being a funeral you never quite know how many people will attend and we had guests left standing… no spare chairs at all! The food was placed on the tables where guests sat (rather than on a separate buffet table), this meant that unless you had a seat at a table, you couldn’t really have anything to eat… not that you would want to! I can only describe the food as diabolical… very poor quality, much of it was very greasy too and by no means enough of it for the extortionate price!

As well as this the service in run up to the occasion and on the day were just awful, not friendly and warm as you would want at such a difficult time…. You could tell that they regularly deal with families arranging funerals, but not in a good way, as they have become totally mercenary!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Charlottle
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was looking for a venue to hold a dinner for a group of friends (16 of us) and I'm so glad I picked Woodlands Park.

I was a little wary at first - having read a few of the TripAdvisor reviews - but there was absolutely no reason for my apprehension.

From my initial discussions with the events team right the way through to the event everything was perfectly managed.

The meal was fantastic - great selection and excellent quality. The homemade bread was to die for and service was top notch. Our dinner was held in the drawing room... a fantastic location; relaxed, smart and ambient.

A shout out to Christian who looked after us throughout the evening and couldn't do enough to make our experience a great one.

The bedrooms are lovely and modern with a fabulous mirror/TV and surround sound. Small yet perfectly formed and very comfortable. And the hotel grounds are really pretty giving a lovely serene backdrop.

In terms of the noise levels from the road - it was really nothing to worry about. I'm quite sensitive to noise and didn't even notice any road noise at all.

Breakfast was great, again service was totally personal and the manager made a real effort to talk to all his guests. A really lovely warm reception.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and look forward to going there to try the Sunday lunch soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveller1974_11
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is a nice hotel, set in lovely grounds, feels like you are in the countryside. My room was really nice, well appointed, and recently refurbished. The conference facilities are good, however their organisation could have been improved and the food let them down somewhat, we had some strange combinations of food and the quality of the food was average. Overall though, a reasonably good hotel and very accessible to M25/A3.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

A beautiful hotel with lovely surroundings,
We went with family for afternoon tea , on a friday there were not many others doing the same.

Service was slow and the waiter forgot two peoples order for coffee.
The food arrived in stages, which isnt what i would expect or have had in the past,
It was certainly quite irritating for us and although the food was lovely ,for £18 i would have expected better service and not one waiter having to cope alone.
From the initial ordering it was almost 2.5 hours before a cake actually passed my lips

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank winnie55
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have stayed at Woodlands Park many times in the last 10 years but recently went there with a group of colleagues. It's been refurbished and environmentally really is very pleasant. I had a garden view bedroom. It was well appointed, if a bit cramped. The bathroom and toiletries were excellent as were the selection of teas and coffees on the hospitality tray. My only issue with the room was the poor quality of the mattress - it needed an overlay or comforter on it badly. My room service breakfast was excellent. The food overall was good but not great. The garden is wasted at Woodlands Park - with some decent landscaping it could be spectacular - instead it's just a massive expanse of badly kept lawn! The only thing potential guests should be aware of is the dreadful noise of the M25 (London Orbital motorway - for anyone from overseas) from the back of the hotel. You can hear the road 24 hours a day - not the engines but 'white' noise. It's desperately irritating but can't be avoided. Overall, I would recommend this hotel but suggest you ask for a room at the front, which may be quieter.

Room Tip: As for a room at the front to avoid the noise of the M25 motorway
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank francophileonthemove
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in September for a conference with people from all over the world. The hotel is well set up for conferences and weddings and the staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are very well presented as you would expect of a 4 star hotel. I would probably not recommend this hotel as a holiday destination as it has little in the way of leisure facilities but would highly recommend for conferences or functions.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank master50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#1 of 4 in Cobham
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Woodlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!