“Excellent Sunday Roast”

Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Cobham
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Founded by four friends from Surrey, we are passionate about creating exceptional dishes and cocktails with British produce and serving the best of British wine and ale in a relaxed environment where you feel at home. The Plough Inn forms the culmination of much dreaming to bring something special to our local area with a team from some of London's top venues including Head Chef John Sparks from Mayfair's Dunhill Club and General Manager Axel Murrle to bring a fresh new pub to Surrey. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Popped in with a mate of mine for a Sunday roast and was pleasantly surprised.

Great food, well seasoned, well cooked (underdone) beef with great beef dripping sauce.

Although slightly more pricey than the usual, it was well worth it.

I would recommend this restaurant for a Sunday treat. #sundayroast

Well done!

Sam R, General Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear 481OliverC,

Thank you for taking the item to write a review about your recent visit with us, I am pleased to hear you experienced the fantastic quality food we aim to provide.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Very professional and welcoming.
The food are amazing and We loved the decoration
We recommend and will be back for more :)

Dear 440milenas,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Love this place great great Sunday lunch with my family can't wait to come back. The share plates were lovely main outstanding

Sam R, General Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Peter M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review we always appreciate our guests getting in touch regarding their visits with us and I am very happy to hear you had such a wonderful time with us yesterday. Our sharing roasts on Sundays are becoming very popular and I am glad you e joyed our "Ultimate Rarebreed Roast".

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

The garden is lovely and quiet with some nice shaded areas, important during all this hot weather. The food is good and well presented and they have a good choice of beers and a great gin selection. The main issue is that there is not enough staff. It was not busy, but a hot, sunny, Friday summer lunch time with only 2 members of staff is never going to work. We've been a few times and the service has always been on the slow side, especially today. There is no question that the guys on duty did their best, if only they would sort the staffing issue out they would have a great lunch spot in Cobham and I'm sure it would be a lot busier.

Dear Ben G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review of your recent visit with us - i am glad to hear you enjoyed our garden area as well as the products we offer.

I am sorry to hear we have been a little short staffed on your last couple of visits we have been going through a large recruitment drive recently and therefore have had a little less experienced staff and as always we have been afflicted with "illnesses" during the hot weather which is always difficult to cover. We also try to allocate accurate staff levels due to booking numbers, however this year we have seen a great increase in "walk-in" diners that have not booked which is always difficult to forecast. However, this is something we are constantly analysing and as we get busier and train our newer staff, I am sure we will be able to have more staff on shifts when necessary.

Thanks again for getting providing this review and I hope to see you soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Limited menu favouring meat eaters, my ribeye was sinewy and unpleasant to eat. The salad garnish comprised a few lettuce leaves and some marinated onion. No potatoes included so a £26 steak becomes £30 with a £4 small bowl of not very nice chips.On the plus side the staff are friendly although their recommendation of pancakes for pudding produced something more like a waffle than a crepe.

Sam R, General Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Hi Dbonners,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent visit; all comments are always welcome as this allows us to develop and improve our offering depending on our guests experiences.

As a result of your comments both on the night and in this review we have spoken to our meat supplier regarding the quality of Rib-eye being unacceptable and hope that this inconsistency will not happen again in the future as we have become known for our fantastic quality meat; which is priced accordingly. ]

I am glad to hear the service you received on the night was friendly but I am disappointed to hear our pancakes were not as you expected as this is a brand new dish on the menu and has had rave reviews up until now. I will liaise with my head chef to ensure consistency throughout all shifts.

If you would like to discuss your visit further please do email me at sam@theploughinncobham.co.uk.

Kind regards,