1,955 results
All reviews mediterranean grill leisure facilities reception staff steam room thorpe park executive room spa treatments gym motorway chessington heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019

We went for afternoon tea on Sunday 9th June as a birthday treat for my sister we were a group of 4 ( including my daughter who was having first experience of afternoon tea) and bear in mind afternoon tea is not the cheapest experience
Have to say after being here a few times before and always really enjoying it how downhill it has gone on arrival we were shown to our seats offered tea / coffee then afternoon tea was bought out have to say in all the places we have been we have never been given only 1scone each ( if that’s what u call a scone ) more like a brioche fruit bun the sandwiches were fine but the scones we then asked for another scone which we waited for a while they came out hot covered in icing sugar and as they cooled down went very hard as they were DEFINITELY not scones so overall we will not recommend the Hilton again for afternoon tea and just to add when we have been before it was always busy and we were in the main restaurant this time we were the only people in the whole restaurant tucked away in a corner not even in the main restaurant and also had a service charge added on which have never had before

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear traceace2016

Following on from your visit to the Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was very concerned to read about your Afternoon Tea experience in the restaurant and please be assured we will address this as a matter of urgency as your experiences certainly do not reflect the usual high level of service and standards we pride ourselves on here at Cobham. I do hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your faith in us

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night at Hilton Cobham. Both checkin and checkout were made by Cristina, she was nice and professional.
The room was confortable (527).
Even though it was a short stay we had a good time and we could enjoy it. Receptionist team was always available and willing to help. Breakfast was Nice!
Cristina BTW, I got my flight yesterday !!! Thanks

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank thomassachavalentin

Dear thomassachavelentin
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had a comfortable stay and have shared your lovely feedback with Cristina and the rest of the team. Thank you once again for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed in many Hilton’s around the world and I’m usually very impressed. Unfortunately this wasn’t up to scratch. The hotel is hot, tired and dated. There was a scary man hanging around reception on Friday evening. He tried following several of our group up to their rooms and was very intimidating. It was obvious he was high / mentally unstable. The hotel staff didn’t intervene for at least 90 minutes. I believe the police eventually turned up. Ordered a sandwich and drink from room service. The sandwich took 33 minutes and they forgot the drink. The bathroom was pretty grim with mildew all over the walls and a foul smelling shower curtain. £15 for a very poor breakfast. Hopefully Hilton will do something upon reading this review. I’m happy to discuss in person.

Dear GreenGG

I was concerned to read your review as I can see you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied following your stay .Please be assured all your feedback will be taken on board as we continue to strive to exceed all our Guests expectations. I am sorry for your disappointment with your room. I have discussed your comments with my executive team who will address the issues as a matter of urgency. We are in the process of updating our rooms so I know on your next visit you will certainly notice the changes. Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and that we can restore your faith in the Hilton Cobham.
Warm regards

Reviewed June 8, 2019

This hotel is one to steer a long way clear of. They ruined a wonderful weekend trip for myself and a young Asperger's man. He had built up the courage to go to the Derby for the racing after a year of persuasion and we chose here at it was not in a built up area, near Epsom, and a had a pool that he really wished to go in. I had confirmation of my booking prior to going plus a reminder in the week, and I called them at 11am the morning of our stay and they said they would see me later. Arriving tired after a long hot day at 6.30pm they said they could not find the booking and we had to wait over an hour while they had whispered chats behind the scenes. They said they had found the booking but would not say why I had no room and said the only option was 7 miles away in a cheaper city hotel in Woking. It was 8pm by this time and we had little choice. I stated I was not happy and my friend's asperger's son was by now very upset thinking he had done something wrong. I stated I was very unhappy yet they did not offer to take my contact details to complain nor offer the manager's either, I had to demand it a few times. On the way to Woking my friend's son again thought it was his fault we couldn't stay where I had promised him we could and didn't sleep that night at all in the other hotel. I complained immediately to the manager who replied getting my name completely wrong saying he would get a full explanation and get back to me PLUS Hilton Hotels themselves on Twitter said he would do so within 3 days maximum and guess what? He didn't bother. They took the money, downgraded the hotel, wouldn't fully explain, and don't want to know how upset they have made people. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!! Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Stayed here to attend a wedding nearby. Hotel was clean and comfortable with good service and served our purposes perfectly. Check in staff were excellent and very helpful. Breakfast was really good lots of variety. Overall great value.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Departure09616403202

Thank you for posting a review, I am delighted you had a great stay and I have shared your wonderful feedback with the team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.