1,937 results
All reviews mediterranean grill leisure facilities reception staff steam room thorpe park restaurant staff executive room spa treatments gym motorway chessington heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

I, my partner and a friend stayed at this hotel for 1 night. First of all happy, it was just for one night would not have lasted any more than that. The moment we arrived at the hotel it was covered in scaffolding. On the 'Hilton Cobham' website, it does mention they are having some renovations however, Booking.com did not have this information on their website when we booked. When you hear the name 'Hilton' your expectations are high as your paying for the name and quality of their services. We were highly disappointed with the start. Our room had mold on the ceiling in places, the hair on the floor in the bathroom, stain on the curtain, sink plug holes dirty, carpet dirty, chair dirty, not a third bed as 3 of us were staying in the room, no mini fridge and the list goes on. We complained to the reception which the gentleman with glasses was very helpful and did his job offered us complimentary breakfast for the morning and said he would speak to his manager about a possible discount on our stay. We got upgraded to another room which was literally the room next door moved from 205-204. The room was colder, had a better small not like mold like the last one! A small heater which was random until we discovered the air conditioning unit kept coming on through the night constantly. We expressed our feelings on our stay the next morning also and the manager got into connection with my partner via email the next morning explaining his disappointed that we did not have a great stay at this hotel. We have now been offered another stay at this hotel. Not too impressed though as we've been told to book the cheapest price for a stay to then be upgraded to a 'showroom' one of their new rooms that have been worked on. It feels like we shouldn't have to pay more money into another hotel stay as how bad our first-hand experience was with them. We were told by the man on reception this is their first renovation of the hotel in 30 years and it is an old hotel but again when you hear the name 'Hilton' you expect a lot more and expectations are high.

Read into the reviews before booking this hotel.

Room tip: If you ask for an upgrade because your original room was not clean the upgrade will be cold in the room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear G6LV5

I was concerned to read your review as I can see you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied following your stay .Please be assured all your feedback will be taken on board as we continue to strive to exceed all our Guests expectations. I am sorry for your disappointment with your room. I have discussed your comments with my executive team who will address the issues as a matter of urgency. We are in the process of updating our rooms so I know on your next visit you will certainly notice the changes. Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and that we can restore your faith in the Hilton Cobham.
Warm regards

Reviewed May 13, 2019

1st room was uninhabitable, filthy, black mould and the balcony full of cigarette ends. The second room, wasn't much better and if it wasn't so late the day, I would have gone to anther hotel. The room stank of damp, the bathroom full of mould and water damage everywhere. The bathroom above cant be connect to the drains and all the waste water must just drip into the room below.

Room tip: Dont stay here. Stay away
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Craig D
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.I was concerned to read your review as I can see you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied following your stay . Please be assured all your feedback will be taken on board as we continue to strive to exceed all our Guests expectations .The issues you have raised are being addressed by our maintenance and Front Office team, who would both like to share in my apologies. I appreciate that this had a very negative impact on your stay and again my apologies. Whilst we may not be your first choice of Hotel for the future we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to allow us to show you that your recent experiences do not reflect the usual high standards that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and that next time you leave with a much more positive impression.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2019

My wife and i have stayed at the Hilton Cobham over the last twenty years even had our honeymoon there. Always we have received a lovely welcome back but not this time!
On arrival we were told we would have to pay a supplement for our dog! We have never ever done this before, not that i mind paying but the issue was we had not been told. The receptionist kept us waiting for 10 minutes whilst she spoke to the duty manager before returning (most embarrassing waiting whilst other guest were wanting to speak to reception) Sh returned saying that on this occasion only they would waver the cost. If i was the duty manager i would have come and spoke to me personally.
The room was tired looking could do with redecoration not sure if these rooms are for pet owners if they are we shouldn't be paying a premium. The hot water tap on the sink turned the wrong way and there was a trolley of used bed linen and used towels in the corridor. At 4.30 in the afternoon you would have thought the housekeeping would have been cleared.

Our faith in Hilton was restored when we went down for dinner, the staff in the restaurant are first class as they have always been. I am down marking the service due to our experience at reception.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Freeman

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Cobham. It was a pleasure welcoming you back. I am so sorry that on this occasion we did not fully meet your expectations and I have personally addressed the issues with the team.
As you are aware we are updating the Hotel so it will be lovely to have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in the Hilton Cobham.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 11, 2019

We arrived tired and ready for the hot tub and pool, but found they were closed well before the advertised time. Room could barely contain rollaway bed we had pre-booked. Breakfast was very good and check out was simple. Glad to move on.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Philip G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was concerned to read your review as I can see you have left the Hotel feeling less than satisfied following your stay .Please be assured all your feedback will be taken on board as we continue to strive to exceed all our Guests expectations. I am sorry for your disappointment with your room. I have discussed your comments with my executive team who will address the issues as a matter of urgency.
I am delighted you enjoyed breakfast and I have shared this feedback with our breakfast team.
Warm regards

Reviewed May 7, 2019

After a failure by Last Minute dot com to advise the hotel of the booking made 14 days before the hotel managers could not have been more helpful, although the hotel was already fully booked. After some management magic they offered us a room which was at least as good as that booked, and were courteous and pleasant.
Breakfast was great considering the hotel was full with one wedding and 3 coach parties to deal with all at the same time.
The room was quiet, and the hotel was conveniently close to the A3 yet was quiet in substantial grounds. And the dog was welcome

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Tubapete

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us, I am delighted after the intial issue you had a great stay and I have shared all your wonderful feedback with all of the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and wish you a lovely weekend.

Kindest regards