Hilton Cobham
Travelodge Walton-On-Thames(Walton-On-Thames)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,768 results
All reviewsmediterranean grillleisure facilitiesreception staffsteam roomthorpe parkrestaurant staffexecutive roomspa treatmentsgood nights sleepgymmotorwaychessingtonheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel last weekend. We used our Tescos Deals vouchers which paid for the 3 nights so we didn't pay anything for the stay. Normally it would have cost £390.00 for 3 nights. We had a King Hilton Deluxe which included breakfast. We chose this hotel as we wanted to visit Thorpe Park which is only about 15 mins drive away and Windsor which was only about 25 minutes drive from the hotel. So location was ideal. The only thing was that it was a couple of miles away from the town centre so couldn't really wander out for a drink or meal.

We didn't time our arrival very well, as it was 6pm on a Friday rush hour the traffic was horrendous from the roundabout and road leading up to the hotel. Not a very good first impression of the hotel as the exterior is poor, but the reception area and interior are much better. Had some problems checking in, as we hadn't received our vouchers from Hilton due to a backlog but this was sorted out on departure.

Our first night we went to the restaurant. We weren't keen on any of dishes on the menu and prices were hugely inflated! (£22 for steak) We chose something off the lunch menu, £8 for a panini, instead. Breakfast I thought was nice, much better than some I have had at other hotels, no complaints. Drinks again very expensive, £11 for a lager and a large wine. Bar area was nice & relaxing. There were several functions happening on the Saturday and the main bar was closed for a few hours due to a party so we went to the restaurant bar instead which was fine.

Our room was lovely and modern with flat screen tv and king bed. All clean and bathroom was pristine. I found the bed comfortable. The only thing was that the shower wasn't very powerful. We also only had 1 towel so had to ask for another.

Check out took ages as people in front of us had problems checking in and then other people had problems with their bill. Then we had problems due to our vouchers but was resolved in the end!

Overall we enjoyed our stay here but probably won't stay again as we prefer a town centre hotel so we can wander out of the hotel for a meal or drink.

All staff we found were very pleasant and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Anyone who travels in the UK knows how bad the Hilton hotel chain generally is. Personally I think your better off in a Premier Inn. However my company were paying on this occaision so I stayed here, next time I won't.

Summary:

Dreary/tired exterior
Food shocking....2 meals on room service both fairly apalling quality and overpriced. Oh and they forget the desert order which I'd avoid if you do end up here.
Breakfast, felt like Butlins holiday camp, although Butlins probably serve better quality cooked breakfasts.
Beds as per previous reviewer were literally concrete blocks, most uncomfortable bed I've ever had.
At this point I should point out that I made an effort to get a renovated room, although its in name only new furniture and TV but basically a light touch renovation. Bathrooms are tired.
Finally we had a twin room and they only had 1 towel and face cloth in the bathroom, although extra towel was in old wardrobe. Its a twin room thus more than one towel is needed, generally mean but money grabbing attitude.

For £190 for one night not including rubbish room service means the points above are relevant. If I was staying at a premier inn I'd be paying a third of that price and I'm sure have a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Selected this hotel over staying directly at the Hilton Heathrow. Nice for day trips outside London (travelled down to Stonehenge - approx. 70 min. drive).

This hotel appears to be somewhat short-staffed as we experienced quite long wait at reception and even more at the restaurant.

Talking about the restaurant, breakfast is quite good, nice English breakfast but you have to make sure that you get the service's attention as they are very busy. During dinner, the restaurant was quite busy with many tables taken around 8pm. The menu is not that impressive but if you are looking for something more than just typical hotel menu food, this is quite a nice change.

As to the room (we had an upgrade - Forum room?), quite spacious. I cannot understand how such hotel cannot have an in-room safe ... The bathroom looks a little tired.

A nice feature of the hotel is the pool and fitness club. Quite nice and reasonably large.

Reviewed March 29, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on a business trip. The hotel is old but has been renovated. My room was nice and spacious with a king size bed. The bed was very hard. I'm not used to that and therefore did not sleep as well as I would have liked. The bathroom is also spacious and the shower (in the bath) is very good. The airco was very noisy. The breakfast buffet was okay but nothing special. The hotel has a nice bar and the food was okay. Staff service at the reception was excellent.
In general this hotel was good but with the Hilton name on it you would expect a little bit more.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Quite a nice hotel with no major concerns.. a few niggles and a few nice things..

I echo previous reviewers regards the staff, who seemed all to be helpful..

Food/drink in restaurant is fairly standard hotel fare.. expensive but a Dinner + B&B deal makes things seem good value.. Breakfast was OK.. nothing fancy..a buffet and, as such, can seem tired if you get there at the wrong time.. like everywhere else..

Older hotel shows signs of age in convenience.. one old, small lift.. lots of steps awkward fro wheeled cases.. etc..

Nice enough location and was quiet enough when I stayed.. Car park spaces tight (again, a sign of age)..

Get a renovated room as these seem better facilitated.. rooms are fairly small, but no worse than elsewhere..

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business