“Good for an overnight stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Cobham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cobham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lancashire
“Good for an overnight stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights as attending a function near to the hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, on the reception, bar and also in the spa. The location is a little out of the way and you need a taxi into cobham. It is however easy to find if you are driving as just off the motorway. The hotel Was very peaceful, beds comfortable and the room was clean. This made for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good, with good selection of food and staff again were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing time and I have shared all your kind comments with my team.

I hope it wont be to long before we will be welcoming you back again to the Hilton Cobham.

Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were attending a wedding in Cobham and had also stayed at this hotel before, I booked an upgraded room through booking.com but unfortunately my booking was lost and as a result we did not obtain our requested room. However the staff were very helpful and friendly indeed and did find us a quiet room away from the dinner dance being held that night. We had dinner in the hotel on the night of our arrival and the food was well cooked if a little unimaginative. The breakfast buffet was also fairly standard with a poor choice of cereals and bread (though lovely choice of fruit). Rooms were clean and reasonably well furnished. In general the hotel was comfortable in a shabby sort of way. We enjoyed our stay mainly thanks to the staff, (especially Sophia) who went out of their way to help us and we would go back.

Room Tip: Make sure that the rooms are in the executive wing if you want peace from conferences and events. If...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Jo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. Your feedback was very constructive.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive your requested room, I am pleased this did not spoil an otherwise relaxing stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding the comfort of the bedrooms. With regards to the decor in the Hotel we are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes
Thank you for your great comments regarding the service you received from Sofia and the rest of my team which I have shared with them all.
I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the food being unimaginative, It is very unusual for us to receive negative comments regarding this as it is an area that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham. I will ensure I address this with my kitchen team.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for just one night before a day at Legoland (and stay at that hotel - much better). At check in, with two people waiting, went to the Hilton Honnor 'lane' as I am a Diamond member. Was totally ignored and no extra staff came to assist. (Not the first time the HH lane has no staffing, and apart from some busy London or airport hotels, there seems little point in having them if they aren't going to be staffed). Waiting for 10 mins, eventually they finished checking the exisitng queue, then continued to ignore me. I looked across, thinking, do I move then? to continue to be ignored and another two customers served. Eventually the adjacent checkin clerk cleared his queue and asked if he could help. I stated the rather obvious, stading there with case, wife and young child that I wanted to check in. Was told I was in the wrong place and to move around to where HE was, bad start getting worse by the second!

Checked in by curt and miserable man who failed to invest anytime in me. The man who previously ignored me,obviously feeling guilty then decided to enter into freindly banter, which by this point I didn't want. No acknowledgement of making me wait or any mention of Diamond status upgrade, gift or anything. I don't expect grovelling on knees, but when you spend a lot of money with a particular brand you expect a good service, there are choices!!

So, we got our room, carried our own cases up stairs, no lift and no offer of help.

Nice room, corner suite (we paid for it, no upgrade) Roomy and pleasant.

Not able to book dinner, no room until 8/30pm (no good for 6 year old) so had room service ordered. In the gap visited the pool with son, hang around reception for a while, no staff, no towels, eventually someone appeared and told us the pool was full (had about 6 people in it) and we couldn't come in. As you could guess, sense of humour was failing fast by now, in particular with upset 6 year old who by the time we got back to our room was in tears.

Food turned up, three meals, one set of cutlery, waiter dissappeared off for more.

No ice machine so went to the bar who were happy to supply a pint glass full.

Food was good, hot and tasty albeit pricey.

Good nights sleep, quiet hotel, bed a bit hard (oh and the bedding was stained with black marks)

By some miracle our (right) newspaper turned up the next day, the first thing that actually happened as it should have.

Breakfast was ok and staff nice.

Checked out via express and couldn't face Mr happy again.

All in all, hotel is ok, staff at reception awful, food pricey but nice. better local places and wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner suite are good size and great if you have kids, they have own bedroom and TV
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Sunseeker06

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham.
I must apologise that one of my team has left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered, I will address this as a matter of urgency.
I am delighted to read that you found the food quality to be good and you and your family found the hotel to be quiet and enjoyed a good night’s sleep.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton brand and our honours programme and I can assure you that we will take your comments on board to further enhance our future guest’s experience.
I do hope that you enjoyed your time at Legoland and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future.
Best Regards.
Dean

Travelers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was my daughters wedding at Painshill Conservatory on Friday 14th June 2013, and we needed an Hotel as a base to allow us to get to and from the venue and her home. The Hilton Cobhan was the perfect location.
Our stay started with meeting the receptionist, and very efficient lady with the name of Bonny! this young lady was very helpful and full of knowledge about the hotel and the area around it, one of the most helpful receptionist I have met for a very long time.
I had decided that after the wedding I would stay on at the hotel until the Sunday, and the hotel had offered a special deal for room, evening meal with wine at a good rate. Saturday evening I arrived at my table in the dinning room to be greeted by a young lady with the most infectious smile! I found out that this young lady was called Alison Diss, and that she was hoping for a career in the hotel industry that would be long lasting.
Alison was outstanding in the service she offered, she was not overbearing and always seemed to know when something was required or needed, the she appeared as if by magic.
Whilst I appreciate all staff have a difficult job dealing with customers of varying backgrounds and with different needs some just see it as a job whilst others see it as a vocation, and in this world of fast paced living with large turnover of hotel customers coming and going, those with that vocation skills stand out.
I have stayed in better hotels of the Hilton branding and in better hotels of other chains, from the small bouquet hotel to the Elounda Beach hotel, one of the leading hotels of the world, and the waitress called Alison Diss would be an asset in all of them.
Well done to Alison, and well done to the Hilton Cobham for employing this wonderful young lady.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the functions rooms, as functions go on until 0100am
Dear Pinhoediner

Thank you so much for writing such a fantastic review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham. I have shared your great feedback with Bonnie and Alison.

Alison is a fairly new member of our team and we are delighted to have her onboard and I know she is thrilled with your wonderful comments.

I do hope it wont be long until we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon and tahnak you once again for writing a review.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

this is such a nice hotel, very well located and the staff is always ready to make the most of your stay! on a recent visit I've had a wonderful meal at the bar, a delicious "caeser salmon", provided by chef Rafael Spinola. Good food always makes your stay more pleasant!! I'm sure I'll come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sara
Thank you for posting a review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your meal in our Bar. I have shared your comments with Rafael who is thrilled.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Cobham again soon.
Bolton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a fantastic day at Wentworth watching the golf we were looking forward to getting back to the hotel to relax.
We chose this hotel as it was near enough to Brighton, to visit family, close ish to the Olympic Park and handy for Windsor Castle.
Once checked on we booked a time for the restaurant, but as they were busy the earlist we could have was 9.15. we went to the bar had a relaxing drink and it was soon around to 9.15. we were shown to our table. we were given our menu's. Some 15 minutes later our order was taken, starters and main course. we called back the waitress as we had still not ordered drinks. at 10.00 the drinks nor the food had turned up. We asked the waiter what was going on? then the waitress came over (crying) and apologised and took our drinks order again. Then the restaurant manager came over and said as we had not ordered starters this had delayed the food. I explained that we did in fact order starters. he apologised and said the starters will arrive within 10 - 25 minutes. this was not good enough so we left wen back to the bar ordered 2 pizzas which came in 15 minutes from the same kitchen. A disaster !!! we have been offered a free meal at the restaurant, but as we live in the North west its a long way for an evening out at a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay

I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling less than satisfied with your experience at Dinner . I am sorry that this spoilt an otherwise enjoyable weekend for you.
I understand that my PA has already been in touch with you regarding your stay and we have addressed your feedback in the hotel.
Should your situation change and you find yourself in the area please contact Deborah my PA who would be delighted to organise you the Dinner. I would love to meet with you personally if you do stay again.

Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We can recommend a stay at the Hilton Cobham. We found the rooms large and comfortable,we loved the fact that we had been in the Garden Wing with easy access to a wooded area,this was perfect as we had are two small dogs with us. Everything was top quality and the staff are the best trained and courteous we have encountered. A pleasant young man delivered are evening meal to our room ,even telephoning the room to enquire if everything was satisfactory.
The indoor pool and jacuzzi very relaxing,excellent place to relax after a long day.
We can highly recommend a stay at this Hotel and can be less expensive with one of the brilliant
Special deals on offer.loved my time at the Hilton Cobham.

Room Tip: Garden rooms great for people traveling with their dogs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Carol
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review following your stay.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay and that you were able to experience all our facilities. I have passed on all your kind comments to my team and I do hope it is not too long until we will be welcoming you back to Cobham and once again thank you for your great feedback.
Dean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!