“Fab stay at the hilton”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fab stay at the hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed many times at the Hilton ,lots of good stays and some not so good,,we stayed christmas day and boxing day a couple of years ago along with LOTS of Travellers;;;We choose this hotel as we travel down from Wellingborough to see our family and Grandchildren in surrey:)After a disappointing stay earlier this year and never wanting to stay again :(We decided to book through the Manager Dean Rigby,We had a lovely break there this weekend to see our Family,Apart from our Grandaughter getting Knocked in the hall way by stall holders rushing with heavy wooden poles and accesories not looking where the were going,very busy for us trying to get to breakfast,All the staff were helpfull and accomadating to our needs and even made time to get our little grandaughter a balloon at Breakfast.So would like to thank Dean :) xx Mr &Mrs North (Northhampton)we hope to stay over the Christmas period again..

Room Tip: The back of the hotel we stayed was exellent:)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mr and Mrs North

I was delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor this morning and I have shared your kind comments with my team. I am so pleased you had such a great stay with us and that we have restored your faith in the Hilton Cobham.
We are all thrilled to be welcoming you back at Christmas and I know my PA has made the reservation for you today.
I look forward to talking to you again soon.

Kindest regards
Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Surrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

On arrival we thought we'd turned up at a block of flats and hoped the inside would be more impressive but it was nothing special and pretty dated.

We asked if we had a quite room as requested on our booking and were told we were on the second floor overlooking the car park. That didn't sound promising but we guessed the alternative was the A3 traffic noise. We were reassured it should be quiet as their was no wedding and the guests returning to their rooms are normally what causes noise disturbances.

We were in Room 320 on the opposide side from the lift and a couple of rooms down. We constantly heard a humming mechanical noise ending with a clickety click which we're sure was the lift. From the next door rooms we heard a baby crying, a TV and people talking. In the morning we were woken by hotel and car doors slamming and people beeping their goodbyes.

We booked the hotel as the room and the bathroom looked good. A modern shower head and a light rimmed mirror shown in the promotional pictures did not feature in our bathroom. The shower pressure was poor and the temperature impossible to control. The highest possible pressure gave you scolding hot water - try and turn it colder and the water spray will be half the power.

So in conclusion we would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which has been modernised or stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5StarGeezers
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Further to your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.Your opinions are appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

We continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction. I apologise that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey.

Having read your comments regarding the disturbance you experienced in your room I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I have spoken with our Maintenance Manager and he will be addressing this issue.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower which we will be checking and please be assured remedial action has been taken and shared with the Housekeeping team to ensure that all these facilities are checked fully prior to our guests arrival and please again accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I do hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cobham again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Preston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment we arrived we felt good about the hotel. The lady on reception made such a fuss of our 6 year old daughter and she continued to be a star through out our stay. Ate in the restaurant on the first night of our stay and we were so impressed, the portion sizes the food and the service were fantastic. Only quibble was that my wine was £10 per glass, yes £10 per glass, I was recommended the wine without looking at the menu so maybe I should have been more careful!!! Our food waiter, Radu, was really attentive and friendly. After a rest we ventured down to the pool area, and had the place to ourselves, which was really relaxing. Couldn't fault breakfast, plenty of choice and again the staff were really friendly and helpful. If we ever venture to Surrey again we would certainly stay here again, would really recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
It was lovely to read your feedback and know you had such a relaxing and comfortable stay during your half term break.
I have shared all your kind comments with my team this morning.
Your feedback regarding the wine price is very valuable to us at the moment as we are reviewing our wine list.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and I do hope we will be welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My two friends and I stayed here on a pamper break last Saturday night. We had such a lovely stay to celebrate my 38th birthday. The hotel helpfully let all three of us stay in one room (a twin room with an extra bed put in) and the service we received was brilliant. Our room was at the far end of the hotel (538) along from the swimming pool and was very quiet and peaceful with a lovely view of the grounds from the window. We booked dinner, bed and breakfast to make the weekend easy (without having to get taxis anywhere!). We ate in the main restaurant and chose off a 3 course menu which was delicious and all included in the room rate. The service was superb too. Only downside is that the drinks were expensive (wine was £25 a bottle, 2x330ml bottles of diet coke were £6.40!) but saying that the wine was very good! The hotel bar was great and even though a wedding was taking place in the ballroom next to the bar, the venue was still chilled out for 3 girlies to drink and chatter. The bar man was super friendly and couldn't do enough to assist us.

We had a fantastic night sleep in the comfy beds and breakfast is served until 11am - how civilised! We ate mountains of yummy breakfast and even after checking out we swam and went in the sauna and jacuzzii. Yes the facility is really small but we almost had it all to ourselves. Finally we enjoyed a facial and a massage which were both good. As two friends we had these treatments together and we quite liked it this way... The therapists then left me in the relaxation room for over an hour without kicking me out which was great.

We had a fantastic weekend and are planning to make this our girlie hotel now! I feel that the weekend offered good value for money for the quality of the hotel. It is really handily off the M25 - you don't even need a sat nav to get there and Cobham village has lovely shops and cafes! Thanks Hilton for a really fab weekend and for making us feel special and paying attention to the details. Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
What fantastic feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.
We are all delighted we gave you and your friends such a relaxing stay and I have shared this wonderful feedback with all of the team and of course our Franchise Partner-The Escape Spa.
We cant wait to welcome you back for your next Girlie Weekend here at Cobham.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Would like to say a big thank you to Karen and Charlotte who gave myself and my mum the best facial and back massage we have ever had, so worth the hour long drive.
The door to the relaxation room was full length glass, which meant you couldn't relax as people kept walking past and looking in.
Shame the food was not as good, we both order the paella which game out creamy like a risotto,
we changed it for the chicken which was very dry, not Hilton standards at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the hotel and to our Franchise partner the Escape Spa. Thank you for your positive comments regarding your experiences, I will ensure that they receive your valuable feedback and that your comments regarding the glass door are passed on to the Manager of the Franchise company. Im sorry that your lunch experience was not as good as it could have been, I have discussed your feedback with my head chef to ensure that other valuable guests do not have the same experience as you.I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the future.
Hersham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I bought a Travel Zoo voucher for a day at the Escape Spa with a friend - we were tempted by the treatments and the use of the Hotel's leisure and sports facilities. We were advised not to arrive before midday as the hotel pool had swimming lessons in it all morning. The Spa consisted of a room with half a dozen recliners and a single treatment room for two guests. As it was at the other end of the hotel than the swimming pool, sauna etc. it was totally impractical to go from one to the other without getting dressed, even if they had provided robes and slippers (which unlike all other spas they didn't) because this would have meant walking through the hotel's main reception. The door to the relaxation room was full length glass and as it was opposite guest rooms, people kept peering in and fire doors were constantly slamming making the whole experience the opposite of relaxing.

The spa itself was very disappointing - the massage was nowhere near as good as others I have had - in fact it was the worst and my companion agreed with my assessment. The treatment room was a double room and although my friend and I didn't really mind sharing we didn't really get given any other option. Both the rest area and the treatment room were well below the standard of cleanliness I would expect with dirty floors, dirty glass surfaces and fleeces on the rest beds rather than towels which were clearly not changed between clients. When we were left in the treatment room to undress there was someone else's clothing still lying on the windowsill and used cosmetic items on the side tables. The person giving me my treatments had badly applied and badly chipped toenail varnish and old worn out flip flops - if you are going to use a massage table with a cut out section for the face you should make sure that what the client can see through the hole is clean and well groomed. There did not appear to be any showering facilities in the spa area (at least we were not offered any).

I would certainly not go back - it's an absolute minimum that a spa should be clean and relaxing and this was neither.

3 Thank HershamTriumph
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the hotel and to our Franchise partner the Escape Spa. I will ensure that your comments regarding your SPA experience and the team at the Escape are passed on to the Manager of the Franchise company and I must apologise on their behalf that you left the hotel feeling less than satisfied.
The SPA has only recently opened here at Cobham so I know feedback such as this is very important to them.
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is a bit off the beaten track - which is a good thing as far as I am concerned - but travelers should be aware there is nothing here but the Hilton. The room was very comfortable and much larger than expected and had everything needed for an easy/relaxing nights rest. Being a HHonors Gold member we were provided with free internet access which worked fine.
I cannot say much for the bar staff. One of our party ordered a brandy when we returned from a nice dinner - it was served in an ordinary glass - no brandy snifter and no explanation for the glass. This was unfortunate as there were others all around who had proper snifters, curious.
Breakfast was buffet, but very good and the garden setting is very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building 100's or 200's are in the main building. Rooms in the 400's...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing time and I have shared your feedback with the team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service of your brandy, this has highlighted a training need that has now been addressed and again my apologies.

Thank you once again for writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cobham again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobham
Brooklands Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!