“Excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

During our stay the staff could not have been more helpful. The room was well equiped, very clean and airy. The food was excellent and the breakfast superb. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family and am looking forward to another night at The Raven at the end of December. Many thanks to all of the staff and we look forward to seeing you within a few weeks. Shirley Philipps

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked this hotel and then read the reviews. I was quite apprehensive as some are really good, and some are awful. Although they do date quite far back!

I wasn't disapointed after booking online, check in was at the bar, but staff were attentive and friendly and it was at the other end of the bar to the pub side of things!

I stayed at this hotel on my way to visit family and was a perfect budget hotel, the rooms were spotless, we did stay in an en suite but there were extra bathroom facilities along the whole corridor of the hotel and what I seen looked nice and clean. My bed was a normal, wooden bed, no camp beds in site! And the mattress was very comfortable, we had a great nights sleep, and we also indulge in some quite yummy pub food, most of which they're menu is 2 meals for £10. So with a cheap room, and cheap food it was a perfect budget hotel, which was comfortable friendly and the food was very tasty and mostly homemade.

I'd like to think this hotel has had a massive re-vamp since some of the old reviews on this site and would tell people to give it a go!

Will definately stay here again when I'm in the area, much more friendly and helpful than a budget chain hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cusco, Peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

filthy shared bathrooms, rubbish live music from pub downstairs, too hot and if you open the window smoke and noise from the carpark. This is the worst hotel I have ever been in in the UK. Tiny, cramped rooms that smell bad. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE!

Room Tip: at the back would be better but best avoided all together.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank RobSRW
Whitstable
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My sisters and I travelled up from Kent for a nostalgic two days as we were born in Corby, Northants.
The Raven is where I used to dance as an 18 year old girl, a long time ago (about 45 years to be precise!).. so many memories.
The Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Good food, especially the steak pie which was the best I have ever tried anywhere . Good service.
My room was great and for such a budget price, excellent value, with spotless bed linen/towels etc.
Glen the Manager made us all very welcome and we look to our next visit to the Raven Hotel.
We would all certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the road in front as although my room was a very good size and very pleasa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed at the Raven in February this year arriving after a long and tiring journey. I checked in at the bar but it was quite private, and took no time at all. The staff were welcoming and told me food was no problem even though I was a bit late. They made sure I had a table which suited me and the service and food were very good My room was clean and comfortable. As I was travelling alone and didn't know the area I appreciated the assistance I was given at The Raven.

Room Tip: It may have been a quiet night when I was there and my room was upstairs but I made no requests rega...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

this is not a hotel. It's more of an estate pub from the 70's that happens to have a hand full of rooms they let. It took a full 10min for a member of staff to serve me? Yes it's not expense but i would expect an ensuite not a communial bath room 5 meters from the room. Do yourself a favour book in at the holiday inn up the road.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank stanrude
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

The hotel is great, its above a pub which can sometimes be noise which is on the website and I was told on arrival by the bar manager that is will be noise due to the live piano act that they had on tonight... the entertainment was great really got the punters moving in the seats.
The rooms were basic but i knew they would be and i wasnt looking for a 5 star hotel i wanted a cheap room where i could stay... the beds were comfortable and i had all the facilties that i needed.
It was a nice day so i sat in the beer garden and it was lovely, the garden was massive its not what you expect there to be from the frount. I stayed there most of the day was great.
The menu that they had on offer was great offering a wide range of food, with cheap meals on the '2-4-1' section.
The food that i had was lovely it really was. I got servered by the most lovely and a very politest waiter I have ever come across and I do travel around a lot. I've never met anyone that has cared as much for his customers. He served me a top class meal in a great pub and hotel. I would highly recommend the Hotel to anyone staying in corby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Hampton by Hilton Corby
The Saxon Crown
The Saxon Crown
#2 of 6 in Corby
Premier Inn Kettering Hotel

Been to The Raven Hotel? Share your experiences!