“Best wedding ever....FACT!”

Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Me and my wife got married here 3/8/13 and from start to finish the day was faultless. From the hotels part pre-wedding they were very helpful, any queries we had they were quick to answer and more than happy for us to go in on multiple occasions to discuss things. We were confident everything would go right and it did. You can tell the hotel is vastly experienced in weddings as it was like a well oiled machine. They also took care of everything from decorating the rooms to directing us on the day. The food was excellent and everyone heaped praise, the service was professional. We had a number of guests stay the night too and I did not hear a negative comment from anyone. If you are looking to get married in the Corby area I would look no further than this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlatan_13
Louis R, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Newly Weds,
Firstly let me have the pleasure in congratulating you both on tying the knot.
We have great pleasure in reviewing such positive feedback here at the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, it is a pleasure knowing we really can deliver the perfect wedding day, as you mentioned the team are well oiled and been carrying out the perfect wedding day experience for some years. We would like to take this opportunity in wishing you all the best for the future and hopefully see you back at the Rockingham Forest Hotel in the very near future.
Kindest regards,

Warren Browning

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for one overnight stay as part of a coach tour, the room had everything you needed, comfortable beds, hot shower, plenty of tea and coffee facilities and an alarm clock. The only negative side was that around the ceiling could have done with a clean as there were several cobwebs around. The room wasn't dirty but could just do with a bit of a thorough vacuum. Breakfast and evening meals were both excellent. All in all a reasonable place to stay for one or two nights.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Best Western Rockingham Forest hotel, we take all feed very seriously and always strive to make the customer experience better. I have picked up on the comments in regards to the cleanliness and shared this with the housekeeping team which is something we do not take lightly and now working to improve the cleanliness of the hotel to negate such feedback in the future. On the other hand I have to say what a pleasure it is to hear the positive feedback in pretty much all other areas.
Thank you once again for your review; we will hopefully be welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and you will see for yourself the changes.
Kindest regards,

Warren Browning

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here as part of a coach trip. The hotel is actually ok but our room needed a more thorough clean as there were cobwebs all around the ceiling and several bugs in the net curtains. It was still clean and everything worked. The room was a good size and the shower was great to wake me up in the morning.

We had a set menu meal as part of the group which was ok but I could only describe the melon starter I had as pathetic as the portion size was tiny compared to the pate the others in the group had. The lasagne and cheesecake made up for it though.

Our room was on the ground floor and next to the door leading to the main part of the hotel meaning all other guests staying in the rooms nearby had to go past ours and as there was a wedding on there was a lot of noise as the guests made their way to bed. Thankfully it didn't go on too late.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Louis R, Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Hjelen

Many thanks for you valued feedback, I am sorry that the room you were checked into was not up to our usual standard and I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper to ensure this does not happen again.

I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef regarding the portion size of your starter and the compliments of our breakfast.

I trust that you will visit us again in the future so that we can ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Carpets worn, shower head throwing water everywhere. Spacious parking, helpful staff, decent beer. Stayed two nights to go to Rockingham - very convinient. If coming here will probably stay again, but in terms of budget hotels I prefer the PremierInn.

• Stayed: July 2013
Louis R, Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Ana and Pedro
Thank you for your feedback, I was delighted to hear you found our staff very helpful and enjoyed the beer.

We apologise for the issues with the shower and our maintenance team has now rectified the problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed July 19, 2013

with in minutes of checking in, we were requesting a room change, the first room was there standard room, there was a huge brown stain on the carpet, the main wall had been painted very badly blue, and the cobwebs had not been removed for some time, one of the handles was missing on the cabinet, but the main reason was the hole in the floor covered over by the carpet,
they did up grade us to one of there superior rooms when we told them, we use the word superior loosely, in that room we discovered that the window was screwed shut, only one reading light worked and the lamp on the desk was hanging on by the electric wire attached to the stand, the room door you had to slam shut every time you went in and out as it stuck.on a plus side there was a good supply of tea and coffee unfortunately there was only one cup, another plus was that the bed was big and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richofisca_14

Dear Richard
Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to note that the bed was big and comfortable, but I am sorry to hear of the lapses in room cleanliness and maintenance. I have reviewed these comments with the housekeeping team and maintenance.

I trust that you will be able to visit us again in the future so that we can ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Kind Regards

Loius Rigney

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and although the hotel is not the Best Best Western we have stayed at it still provides good value and a great location.
The room was large as was the bed, all parts of the room were clean and of good quality. All the public area's are clean and well maintained.
When we stayed there was a large group of people holding an exibition in the hall as well as a wedding and some race teams and the staff did not seem overstreached and the service did not suffer.
The only let down was the food. Although not below average it is stange to have both the bar and room service menu be better than the resturant and lack of choice when you had booked a table was a bit dissapointing.
Overall good for the price and location for both the Motor Raceway and Rockingham Castle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis R, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your feedback, I am please to hear that you found the hotel good value and you enjoyed your stay.

We regularly change our restaurant menu and we now also offer a number of local specialties in addition to the extensive bar and lounge menus. I am sure when you visit again in the future you will be impressed by the range and choice of dishes available.

Best regards

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed midweek as we were attending a wedding at Rockingham Castle. As we were travelling from Cumbria we booked in for 2 nights. My first impression was that the hotel was very dated and tired looking.We were given room 209 on the next floor (no lift to the next floor), something I would expect as standard.in a hotel. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. However at 3am we were woken by what sounded and felt,.like a juggernaut coming through the room, traffic noise then continued throughout the night. My husband got up to check the windows to find that they are only single glazed. I have NEVER stayed anywhere that does not have double glazing. As this hotel is situated near a busy road this is the first thing that the owners should address and I would suggest that the hotel is not fit for purpose. The next morning we did ask to be moved bur were told this wasn't possible along with other people asking the same. We would have found somewhere else to stay but as we had to get ready for the wedding we were short of time. In essence we couldn't wait to leave and could not recommend the Rockingham Forest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis R, General Manager at Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by traffic noise, I can however confirm that all our rooms are double glazed. I do understand that people have different levels of tolerance and sleep sensitivity and it would appear that you were disturbed by an inordinately loud vehicle in the early hours a "juggernaut" as you describe it?

Ordinarily we do not receive many noise issue complaints from this room and I am sorry that we were unable to offer you an alternative room due to the Hotel being full on the night in question.

Kind regards

Louis Rigney

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Hampton by Hilton Corby
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel? Share your experiences!