“Splendid lunchtime treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

A Tasca
Ranked #11 of 106 Restaurants in Corby
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Splendid lunchtime treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

When meeting a colleague for a quick lunch we stumbled on this little restaurant in the heart of Corby. Neither of wanted a big meal so we decided on two starters each which was no problem for our waiter. The garlic prawns in a spicy sauce was an absolute winner. Advised by the waiter to take bread to soak up the delicious juices was a very good idea. We followed this with the starter size sardines. Three succulent fish so so tasty. We had a glass of Portugese white wine very crisp and fruity. Excellent value for money at just over £20 including the wine. We were in and out within the hour and felt extremely satisfied

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“You get what you pay for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a little gem of a place, the food is off a high standard, yes you pay that little bit more but it's definitely worth it.

We have visited the place twice now and each time the service has been great, food outstanding, good wine, and this is definitely a place we will be going back to again

Corby, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have been here a few times and always get an excellent meal. The staff are the friendliest and the food has to be the nicest food ive tasted in a restaurant in a long time.

Location isnt the best (next to various takeaways) but its a little gem thats hidden away.

• Visited January 2013
Northamptonshire
“Lovely Little Restuarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Been here twice now and both times the food is fantastic, staff couldnt be nicer. Atmosphere is lovely. Would not hesitate in recommending this restuarant.

My only problem is my waistline when we leave the restuarant. (I couldnt say no to dessert!!).

• Visited February 2013
“Deafie2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This Portuguese restaurant is awesome. The quality of foods are of the highest standard and the staff are so polite and friendly. Great atmosphere. Soup of the day varied on a daily basis. We had spinach soup oh what is an Ab Fab my mate n I love it. We also had breaded mushroom with garlic mayo dip oh it's the best we ever had in any restaurants because it was perfectly cooked to most satisfactory. I had lamb stew I love it, there is absolutely no animal fat at all n it's very healthy food. My mate had chicken with peri-peri (hot or mild) dip, chips n seasoned salad he said its really lovely taste. I had chocolate mousse with fresh cream topped with chocolate powder it's lovely. My mate had ice cream n fresh cream he enjoyed it. A Tasca is unbeatable with 5-star we rated. We will definitely going back there now n again. I really strongly recommend everyone to go there I am pretty sure u will agree with me though.