“Maybe not!”
Review of Holiday Inn Corby

Holiday Inn Corby
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of October, arrival was fine the hotel looks good from outside with ample parking. Check-in was courteous and efficient, but unfortunately it all went downhill from there. The building internally is so very tired, the corridors are depressing and tatty. I got upgraded to an exec room due to my Rewards status but the room whilst large, was tired and badly in need of a refit. The furniture was damaged and scratched and the bathroom archaic and smelling of damp. The shower had no pressure and I gave up and had a bath each day instead. No towel rails and a shaving mirror that was falling off the wall.

Due to long working days, I ate on each of my three nights in the restaurant. Service was erratic with a long wait to take an order then main course arriving immediately after the starter was cleared. Waiting staff were in the main terse, abrupt and unfriendly. Breakfast service was not much better.

I am just starting a new two year project in the Kettering area and am looking for a hotel in the area to stay at regularly, I have just spent three years each at the HI Derby/Nottingham and more latterly at the the HI Leeds Wakefield. Corby has a lot to learn from both of these, and I will not be returning there based on this experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Gerry,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel, I was obvioulsy disappointed to read that your stay with us was not particulary to your liking, please accept my apologies for this.
The Hotel is due to receive significant investment in terms of refurbishment shortly, as recently as this morning I have been amending details of the works that will be carried out! I appreciate that this doesn't alter what you experienced during your stay but as a company which has recently aquired the Hotel you can be assured that we purchased with the intention of modernising our offering to our guests.
Obviously no refurbishment can compensate for service issues and I am grateful for your comments in regard to this, please be assured your comments will be used as a basis to improve our offering for guests.
It is obvioulsy disappointing to see that you wouldn't consider using us again, I hope that in the coming weeks you may reconsider and we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel?

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Oh dear........ got a good rate and upgrade to suite which was excellent
What let the hotel down was the general décor which was outdated and grubby and the terrible food served in the bar which was disgusting
Internet didn't work and they messed up my bill on leaving
I now pay over £25/night more and wont be going back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear DJAnon,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel. Whilst I was initially delighted to read that you received a good rate and enjoyed the upgrade to the suite I was disappointed to read your comments with regard to the Bar & Decor, please accept my apologies. The Hotel is currently going through the process of getting the final details sorted so that a full refurbishment of the Hotel can be undertaken, when this work is completed the decor and fabric of the property will be significantly enhanced. The Hotel has recently changed all its menu's, in both the Bar & Restaurant. As I am unaware of the exact date of your stay it is difficult for me to comment other than to say that since I started as General Manager of the Hotel mid way through September we are constantly striving to improve the quality of our food and beverage offering and we will continue to do so.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Easy to find, plenty free parking, staff always helpful, rooms are getting updated this year BUT room I was very comfortable and was kept very clean to a high standard and anything you needed you just ask, Wi-fi throughout the hotel could be better, but is more that adequate for checking e-mails and browsing. I ate in the bar and food was well prepared and with a reasonably fast service even when very busy and a good range to choose from, if you want that bit extra the main restaurant is there, bonus is the health gym with pool/Hot tub/Sauna/Steam room free use for customers at no charge, good breakfast selection of hot and cold food in the morning.
A busy hotel, but quiet enough in your room, will definately be back in the future.

Room Tip: 151 is roomy, but facing the road and if you need window to be open you can hear the traffic, closed...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Hi James,

Many thanks for your kind review of our Hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and your comments are no exception. I notice that you have commented on the wi-fi and work has already commenced to upgrade our offering, which will greatly increase the speed of connection we offer to our guests. Once again many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I Was in the area on business and spent a night here a couple of weeks ago.
The hotel was easy to find and there was plenty of parking, upon arriving the front of the hotel does look impressive however it is just hiding the fact that this place needs refurbishing badly.
Most of the public areas, corridors, rooms etc are in need of updating.
I did have dinner here, service was ok, food the usual holiday inn overpriced fayre, it was only
one night , if i had to stay for longer i think i would look elsewhere.

Dear Wrenvend,

Many thanks for your review of our Hotel. Having read your comments carefully I am pleased to be able to inform you that I am confident that all your concerns with regard to the Hotel will be very shortly addressed. This week witnesses the introduction of new menu's throughout the Hotel and we await the imminent approval for the go ahead of the Hotel refurbishment which will ensure the inside of the Hotel more than matches the external appearance! I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future and witness the transformation for yourself.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel as it stands I would suggest is not good if your on Bussiness. Whilst staff are great it is dated, grubby and cold. I certainly did not feel comfortable. Bedrooms had all you needed but I had road noise, the toilet would not flush and the tv was not good with channels as hock. I feel sorry for the staff who try hard and it does say everywhere a refurb is coming but when? It needs lots of money spending on it...lots

• Stayed: September 2013
Bruce R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hi Mark G,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel and as the new General Manager giving me my first opportunity to reply in my new role. It is good to read that you felt that the staff were great, regardless of the many undoubted challanges the refurbishment of the Hotel will bring the process will be made considerably easier by the dedication and proffesionalism of the team we have here at the Hotel. With regards to the refurbishment the Hotel changed hands earlier in the year and the scheme is currently awaiting approval by Holiday Inn before being given the go ahead. As such the time is drawing very near when work will start and this refurbishment I am certain will more than address the concerns you have raised in reference to the dated feel of areas of the Hotel. Mark once again many thanks for taking the time to comment on our Hotel and your kind words with regard to the staff, I hope that we can welcome you back in the future when the work is complete.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Corby to attend a family wedding, and had two rooms here for myself, my partner and my parents. Very friendly staff, rooms were clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed our swim at the adjoining spa. Will definately visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager227, Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Just wanted to thank you for the positive comments. I was glad to read you and family enjoyed your stay with us, the standards of our guest rooms, and Leisure Club whilst attending a family wedding. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for one night, it was our anniversary so we were upgraded to a fantastic suite. The staff were very understanding and the price was brilliant. £71.50 for 3 course dinner, bed and breakfast for two Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager227, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments, it was a pleasure to have you at the Holiday Inn Corby Kettering A43. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
5 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Kettering

Been to Holiday Inn Corby? Share your experiences!