I have stayed on several occasions at this hotel for business. It is a good hotel for business people, or I guess families on a budget, as long as you have a car.
The hotel is very clean and modern and the staff are really good, very helpful and friendly. Beds are very comfortable and room heating is just right. Wifi is not free, but costs only £3 for 24 hours, and is reliable though not fast.
There is no internal telephone which is a bit odd, though as everyone has mobiles these days maybe I'm just old fashioned. Also no clock/radio
The old real downsides are:
1. No real public areas except outside. Fine in summer but not so great in the depths of winter
2. Dining options are limited to "Beefeater Grill" next door unless you have a car. The food is good (and they do the breakfast for the hotel also, which is very good), but fattening, underseasoned (in my opinion) and a bit limited.
3. There is a large Jet garage across the street. Lorries coming in at 4 am means you can't have the wiindows open. On the other hand, if you need supplies, the Jet shop is huge and has pretty much anything you could possibly need.
4. Related to the garage. The hotel is basically on wedge of land next to 2 main roads and a busy roundabout. You won't be going far unless you have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the sweeping backdrop of Welland Valley, just 30 minutes from Rutland Water Nature Reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Corby Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Corby Hotel Corby