“QUIRKY BY HILTON”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“QUIRKY BY HILTON”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed for one night on business in December 2013. The hotel is situated about one mile north of the town at the entrance to an industrial estate, a fairly bleak environment. The front door of the hotel was locked when I checked in at 6.30pm; it opens if you buzz, or with a bedroom key card if you have already checked in. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room had all the usual amenities except a telephone. The bed was comfortable but the duvet too small. The bathroom was a good size but not so efficient; you need long arms to get to the tap in the sink because of the way it is fitted into the vanity unit, the shower was stylish but the water flow was poor, so you had to huddle to get wet. Breakfast was above average, but surely mugs would have been a better choice than cups without saucers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear BournemouthWhite,

Thanfs for you conscise review! All rooms should have a phone so my apologies one was not present in your room and we do use mugs for breakfast not cups so not sure where they had all gone the morning you came down for breakfast!

Thanks again,

Martyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst racing at Rockingham circuit. Close to race track, clean rooms, nice shower room - although would have expected a bath. But the noise from the disco went on until the early hours making sleep very difficult. Food menu poor. Breakfast very basic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Simon M,

Glad to see you had some positive experiences whilst staying with us and I do know one of my team has already be intouch in regards to the areas we fell short.

We hope to see you back when next in the area.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Ideally placed for where I had to go .
on arrival hotel looked very basic,though the room was nicer than I was expecting,apart from the broken toilet seat which wouldn't stay up ,not a problem for female guests though.
Internet access very patchy ,took almost an hour to get logged on too.
Would I stay here again?i doubt it very much

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Maurice L,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it was good to see our room was nicer than you expected, I will certainly be following up on the broken toilet seat however. In regards to our WIFI, our engineers have been looking at this over the weekend and a replacement load balancer was required to correct some of the faults we had experienced. My apologies for this but rest assure it is something we are sorting ASAP.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My overall stay was ok, however, my room was cold, iIreported this to the reception, but nothing was resolved. The heating system was also very noisy and even if switched off, proceeded to turn itself on at 2am every morning and wake me up!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Pam C,

Whilst I was happy to see that overall we delivered on your expectations it was not good to read of your issues with our heating system. We very recently had our engineers out again and the system is fully operational and will be on your next visit where we will work hard to restore your faith.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and we look forward to seeing you back in 2014.

Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Check in very good and easy. Staff are polite and courteous. Room was very clean and comfortable but had trouble with heating so was given a fan heater to use which overcame the problem. Surprised that there was neither a telephone or fridge in the room. Bed was very comfortable. I ordered a couple of sandwiches which were delivered to my room. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Roy B,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and great to see you will come back! There should have been a phone in your room so my apologies that this was not the case.

Thanks again,

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights after a week at Hilton's upmarket Capital Grand in Abu Dhabi. It was interesting to compare their luxury and budget brands. In fact the Hampton in Corby was difficult to fault. My room was modern, clean and fully equipped including a great walk-in shower and free wifi.
What marked this hotel out for me was the first class service. The welcome was warm and friendly, and the young waiter in the restaurant remembered my name every time I went in there!
Sadly the bar meals weren't up to the same standard and I should probably have eaten in the large modern pub/restaurant next door. Nonetheless, it's great to see Hilton delivering top class service at both ends of the spectrum.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Enandem,

A great review to read! Its wonderful to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we played our part alongside some of our more illustrious hotel colleagues in sunnier climes!

Whilst we are limited in what food we can offer, we are working hard and will be launching a new menu early in 2014. I hope this will live up to our service in all guests minds.

My thanks again for your kind comments and look forward to seeing should your travels ever bring your back into the area.

Best regards,

Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at this Hilton hotel. On upon arrival, a warm welcome from a very pretty receptionist and it was very speedy and professional. Everything is brilliant with this hotel, EXCEPT one thing!!! The pressure of the shower is dreadful!!! Other than this, all is good. Will definitely stayed again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear HLai2013,

Thanks for your lovely review, I will be sure to share it with the front desk team who I am sure will appreciate it! In regards to the water pressure, this is not a common problem at the hotel at all, I will investigate the issues from your particular room and action it.

Look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Martyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Hampton by Hilton Corby? Share your experiences!