“Funtionable!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corby
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Funtionable!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I couldn't detach the surroundings from the hotel but I'm trying! We arrived on a Friday evening so obviously peak going out time in corby! We were surrounded by a weather spoons .greggs,dominoes and a subway! On the other side was a night club! Needless to say it was noisy!
The hotel inside(had to be kept locked for safety reasons) was basic but clean,the sitting area was ok for requirements and nothing more! The rooms however were of a good standard! Decent shower with products,tea making facilities,Telly and nice fluffy white towels! The bed and pillows were decent too!
I guess if you go knowing what to expect it's fine! Friday/Saturday nights are hectic and chaotic! But rooms were ok! Just not really the right feel for me!

Room Tip: No pool! Sorry couldn't remove that and don't think there were activities! Did offer a gym b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Snootyroo,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, weekend evenings can certainly be busy in Corby as I am sure they are in most places!

We do indeed keep our hotel secured, meaning only guests can gain entrance. We find in general this is preferred and means that all our paying guests do feel more secure when staying with us!

I was glad to see we provided everything you need inside the hotel and you found us to be of a good standard!

Now you know Corby, when you are next in the area we look forward to seeing you!!

Thanks,

Martyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night before attending a business meeting in Corby. Due to the price I was expecting something along the lines of a Premier Inn and given that the last Hilton chain hotel I stayed in was the Conrad in Hong Kong, I has to remind myself not to expect too much. I was very pleasantly surprised!

The hotel is spotlessly clean and very modern. The beds and bedding (especially the pillows) were extremely comfortable. Nice big fresh rooms and a beautiful bathroom complete with Grohe fittings, it was definitely much more than I expected.

Toiletries are provided in the bathroom, which was a nice touch. There are wall mounted pumps in the shower with shampoo, conditioner and body wash. There are two similar pumps above the sink with hand wash and moisturiser. Beautiful fluffy white towels are provided too.

There's is a glass sliding door to the bathroom which also doubles as a wardrobe door (great space saving idea) and in the wardrobe you'll find an iron, ironing board and a hairdryer.

Tea and coffee is provided in the room along with an alarm clock with an MP3 player with pre-set buttons for various genres of music.

The free breakfast provided was more than adequate (and certainly super to what Holiday Inn Express provide). Again the breakfast area was modern and spotless.

I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Corby and will actively seek out Hampton by Hilton hotels in other areas.

• Stayed July 2013
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear scottishmum31,

Well what can I say, many thanks for such great and exhaustive review! It is nice to see the hotel was to your liking and your review certainly gives a full picture of what we offer as a hotel!

We are in fact the oldest Hampton by Hilton in the UK, so I am sure when you stay at our other hotels you will find an even better quality of finish and product!

My thanks again and we definately look forward to welcoming you back when your next in the area!

Kind regards,

devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very good business class hotel, clean, modern, and well located for the industrial estate, public houses within walking distance for meals out. Staff friendly and helpful, security of hotel excellent, parking very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Chris E,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave your review. Great see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!

Thanks,

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent value hotel - complimentary breakfast exceeded expectations. Staff all pleasant and very helpful. Couple of issues - noise from local teenagers hanging around (we were on the ground floor at rear of hotel) and the airconditioning unit was switched off - not great on a hot night.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear ejg40,

Thanks very much for leaving your review, great to see we delivered above and beyond again!

Look forward to seeing you when your next back in the area.

Kind regards,

Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

this hotel is like walking into an architects drawing! Everything is spotlessly clean and each chair and table placed precisely. The self-service breakfast is functional and presented in a funky way - I loved getting milk yogurt out of the fridge and making fresh tea and coffee. The packets made minimal waste and mess. I would have liked muesli but otherwise it was a lovely breakfast. I am really fussy about tea and I inquired about the hotel's water and they have a water softening system - makes for a great cup of tea!

The rooms are very well designed and again, spotless. Beds are incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms beautiful.

the staff take pride in the building and were very friendly.

the hotel is easy to find and makes a great base. we ventured out to eat, just across the carpark, which again, was great and at no extra cost.

the only drawback was the window didnt open and our air conditioning failed ( which was during the heatwave!) the hotel could not have handled our complaint any better.

this was our first stay in a Hampton hotel and we were very pleasantly surprised . we would recommend this hotel, highly, and will definitely return when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Lucy,

Thanks for your review, it was good to speak to you when you were at the hotel and subsequently via email. I am of course very glad you enjoyed your stay and am very proud that we gave such a great impression of Hampton's as a brand!

As you said you are off to visit some of our other hotels, I hope you have agreat time and we all look forward to seeing you when you return to Corby!

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staying in a family room Saturday 20th July I really cannot praise this hotel enough. At the check in we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming man at the desk, a really good start I felt. The room was a ground floor family room, a good size all modern and very comfortable beds.The bathroom was also pristene and modern.
There were tea and coffee faciliteies and a large flat screen TV, iron and ironing board were also in the room, I was really impressed.
Breakfast was included in the price and was very tasty, Self service so you could go up as many times as you liked and help yourself.
I would definately stay at this hotel again in the future and hope to do so next year.
This hotel is fantastic value for money and recommend it to you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear vivienne c,

My thanks for your very kind comments and praise of the hotel. It is always great to see when a guest leaves so happy and will return and recommend us to others!

I will be sure to share this with the team and we all look forward to your next stay with us!

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed as a family group in four rooms for one night in July. We booked online and were happy with the rate, but we're not expecting too much. However, we were all impressed. Check-in was efficient and professional. The rooms are perfectly clean and well finished. Our bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very impressive (no bath, unfortunately).

Previous reviews had mentioned the poor quality of the "complimentary" breakfast. Again, we were happy. Sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and beans were available at the self-service counter and although they were not cooked to order, all we're hot and tasty. Fruit, cereals and muffins were also available with plenty of coffee and fruit juices from the dispensing machines.

The location is slightly strange, but if you need to stay in or around Corby, this hotel is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel (odd numbers) are quieter than those on the front which face a busy a...
1 Thank David L
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear David L,

My thanks for your review, I also saw another member of your group left a review which whilst not as complimentary of yours also detailed their stay.

I am happy to see that you and the majority of your group were all impressed!

Martyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corby
Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel
The Raven Hotel
The Raven Hotel
#6 of 6 in Corby
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to Hampton by Hilton Corby? Share your experiences!