Tripadvisor
Dunblane
4,855 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar separate building front facing main building leisure facilities junior suite doubletree by hilton steam room both nights dinner bed and breakfast relaxing break self service beautiful building two night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Stayed here with my mother (Christmas present). Everything was lovely. Staff very pleasant and helpfull. Food in the restaurant was delicious, and enjoyed the portion size. Not to big, not to little, just right. Serving staff were friendly and helpfull. My only complaint (maybe to strong), was the restaurant was a bit cold. Was advised heating was on a timer but would see what could be done. Heating never came on. The bedroom was cold too, but we were supplied with a heater to help. This was fine. Overall a lovely experience.

Room tip: We had a front facing room on 4th floor. Views were tremendous.
1  Thank tiredbthappy
StuartCran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Dear tiredbthappy,

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to tell us of your recent experience with us at The DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro.

We are delighted that your experience was so positive and that you were both pleased by the food and the service provided by the team. I regret to learn that we did not manage our restaurant to a comfortable temperature and that there may have been a fault with the temperature controls. Our team constantly monitor our facilities to ensure they are in appropriate working order and I am sorry for the discomfort you experienced.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We had a large party staying here for new year celebrations and were excited that the hotel offered ‘family entertainment’ however it was completely not tailored to families at all! A man with a quiet guitar turned up and performed slow songs in the corner that we couldn’t even hear from our tables. The kids were overly disappointed that there was no dancing or anything for them to participate in. We decided to move along with a lot of families also experiencing the same however there was absolutely no atmosphere or music anywhere in the hotel so we did enter the main hall for bells. Really disappointed that a hotel of this stature really failed to make celebrations. The room we had you couldn’t stand on the floor without the full thing squeaking not ideal with kids however, would have taken that for a decent evening. The swimming the following day was also an issue there was not enough lifeguards per head of children and we had to wait. I would have expected to go swimming anytime without an issue doesn’t seem acceptable not being able to use hotel facilities when it suits the family due to staffing ! Dont think it will be our choice for family new year celebrations next year

1  Thank weekels
StuartCran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear weekels,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us at Hogmanay.

The feedback that we have received for the family entertainment that was provided has been extremely good therefore we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

As we provided the family entertainment in the Kailyard and the Gala Ball in the Ballroom we felt there was no need to provide any further entertainment for our guests. The lounge was left as a quiet area for those guests who did not wish to participate in any of the entertainment that was provided.

The hotel was extremely busy during the festive period however please be assured that the Health Club was manned efficiently. Unfortunately a large number of people descended on the pool at the same time which was out with our control. We take the health and safety of all our guests extremely seriously therefore we had to ensure that we did not permit too many people in at the one time.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we will certainly take your feedback on board when organising this year’s Hogmanay events.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Couldn’t fault this hotel at all, room lovely and clean, staff very friendly and helpful (especially Michaela in the restaurant) and food was delicious...not forgetting the cocktails which went down a treat! An enjoyable weekend had by all, well done!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
StuartCran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear LeMilne0703,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with your arrival experience and the room that was allocated to you.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. Comments such as these are extremely encouraging to our team and make it all worthwhile!

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Have stayed here on a few occasions and most recently on Boxing Day 2019. I was staying with my 5 month old baby and husband in a double room. I was contacted by text before our stay and asked if I had any requirements. I asked for a travel cot. On arrival I was told our room had two beds pushed together and when we went to our room there was no travel cot as requested. After calling reception someone came up with a travel cot, the mattress was like cardboard and the way they did the sheets all crumpled and baggy was shoddy! I wouldn’t be putting my baby in it and was worried about the baby in our bed due to the gap with the two beds together.

The room was absolutely freezing on arrival, it is an old fashioned heater in the room. There is no heating in the bathroom so I couldn’t bath my baby. I’d rather have a warm room on arrival than a warm cookie!

Other minor complain were no batteries in tv remote, handwash in shower and shower soap where handwash should be. Didn’t like that you have to request the complimentary toiletries, feel they should be in the room.

The only saving grace for me is the breakfast. Always a good selection and really tasty. I like the lounge area of the hotel.

Will be visiting family at Christmas again this year but don’t think we will be staying here.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
StuartCran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Slinky88,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments onto the relevant Operational Managers who will be looking at ways to improve. On a positive note I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and are always please with the selection.

I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to this area and that you will consider us for Christmas 2020.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the Romantic Break offer (available online) which offered DB&B including bottle of Prosecco and Chocolate coated Strawberries.
Made the mistake of “upgrading” to a Double Room Plus which wasn’t worth the bother.
When we checked into our room we discovered it was an inward facing room that had frosted glass on the windows which left us with no outlook across the beautiful countryside. Apparently if you want a room with a view you need to request this when you book but it isn’t guaranteed which seems bizarre when you are specifically booking this hotel to enjoy the scenery and have upgraded to a larger room. I asked to move but was told the hotel was full and was offered 20% off cost of upgrade on the room which was a gesture but not quite the same as being able to look out of a window!
Dinner in the Kailyard was delicious and service was excellent - there was no rush despite the restaurant being busy! Lovely selection of cocktails in the bar and reasonably priced. Breakfast was also delicious but get down before 8.30 or it gets ridiculously busy!
Didn’t use the leisure facilities as it was busy with young families making the best of the last days of the festive break!
Nice walk into Dunblane to see the Cathedral and Andy Murray’s Golden Postbox is recommended.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StuartCran, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear ls3370,

It is great to see you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with your dinner and breakfast being a highlight of your stay. We take on board your feedback about the room that was allocated to you and we hope that this did not have a major impact on your experience. As the original hotel building was built in 1878 we do have a wide range of room types and outlooks - so I am sorry that on this occasion we did not allocate you a type you preferred.

It has been our pleasure to look after you during your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.