“Fab restaurant!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Dundee
“Fab restaurant!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We arrived around 2130 after our flight was delayed into Edinburgh. We had paid for dinner in the restaurant before hand but did not think we would get served as stopped at 2200. The staff, however, could not have been more helpful. We were welcomed into the restaurant and the meal was excellent!! The creme brûlée deserves a special mention, a must try!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Deputy, Deputy Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable meal with us in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant and enjoyed the crème brûlée in particular. I will ensure your comments are shared with the Executive Chef!

Hopefully it will not be too long until we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Rather disappointed in this hotel, which being part of the Hilton chain expected a certain standard. Our room had not been dusted with dirt on top of the bedside table. The tiles in the bathroom had a large amount of pink shower gel/shampoo on the shower wall left by a previous occupant and the carpets in all the public areas had not been hoovered for some considerable time, with large amounts of crumbs/dirt etc especially the route to our bedroom. The room was attended to after complaining at reception, however the carpets had still not been hoovered by the time we checked out after our 2 night stay. On the plus side the food in the restaurant was particularly good 10 out of 10 for the restaurant. We stayed from 22 to 24 August 2014. I would not stay there again as it was vastly overpriced given the lack of attention to detail and cleanliness. There are far better hotels within a short distance

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Deacso
Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback after your recent break with us and we are sorry to read you were disappointed with your stay.

Your comments relating to the basic levels of cleanliness have been shared with the Executive Housekeeper and the feedback you have provided us with will be used to make changes and improvements within our hotel. Steps have been put in place to carry out a deep clean of the carpeted areas throughout the hotel which is currently ongoing.

We also note that you enjoyed your meal in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant and I will ensure these comments are shared with the team.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my children over the bank holiday in August - despite the hotel being full and accomondating two weddings, the staff were simply outstanding the entire weekend - from the front desk, to bar staff, through to housekeeping. Helpful, friendly, efficient.

Beds could be better if I'm picky, but very impressive all round.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review after staying with us recently with your children over the Bank Holiday.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable visit and that the staff provided an excellent service for you.

I shall ensure your comments are shared throughout the entire team and hopefully we can all welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The service at Dunblane Hydro is excellent and food in the restaurant is delicious but if you're looking for a lovely bedroom room and nice leisure facilities then don't go here! The bedroom was extremely basic with a very small bed and an empty mini bar (even though the bar tariff was provided in the room!). The furniture was outdated and had strange holes in cupboards! The bathroom smelled of damp and the room was dusty even after housekeeping had been! Thinking we could relax in the leisure centre we went over for a swim and hot tub, however found local swimming lessons taking place which took up half of the pool! The hot tub was freezing cold as it's open to the swimming pool and half of the air flows to create the bubbles weren't working. Very disappointed and I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Susan K
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane.

We are delighted you enjoyed your meal in the Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant.

It is disappointing to read that you had issues with your room but would hope that you raised these with us at the time so that we could make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper who has acted upon this.

I am sorry to hear that your found the bubble pool cold. The temperature is set the same as the swimming pool and is checked on a daily basis to ensure the temperature is correct. I have shared your comments regarding the blockage with the airflows with the Livingwell Manager who will check on this immediately.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It has been taken on board to allow us to enhance the level of service that is delivered to our guests.

Regards

Travelers are raving about these Dunblane hotels

Reviewed August 25, 2014

The room was clean, the floor boards were creaky, but we were on the second floor and I don't think there was anyone below us. It was a pleasant stay. My husband would have liked to use the work out facilities on the second morning but they didn't open until 8 a.m. which was too late for our schedule.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope we will have the pleausre in welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at The Doubletree for two nights with breakfast and dinner included. We were newly weds having just got married the weekend previously.

On arrival I was very excited as the building and grounds were very grand and I was looking forward to a little bit of luxury. The girl on reception was pleasant enough but her response to us telling her we were on honeymoon was that she needed a holiday. This struck me as a little odd.

When we got to our deluxe family suite I was so disappointed I sat down and cried. The room was corporate with ugly "artwork" and absolutely no special touches whatsoever. It couldn't have been further from the romance I had expected. In the end my husband brought up some fresh flowers from our wedding and a Mr & Mrs pillow from our car to make the room feel a little less clinical.

The room was hot and stuffy and when we opened the window there was a constant hum from the kitchen fans below us. On the plus side it was very clean and the shower was excellent.

I was also astounded that there was a charge of £10 a day for wifi connection! In this day and age I found that absolutely ridiculous.

We booked a time to go for dinner as soon as we arrived at the Kailyard. Another disappointing experience. When we came down for dinner I asked the waitress if we could have a seat by the window as there was one free only to be told these were reserved for people celebrating special occasions like anniversaries or birthdays. I told her we were on honeymoon to which she showed us to a different seat by a door, I wondered if you maybe you had to be royalty to get a window seat. She then proceeded to list various things on the menu that weren't available and going into unnecessary detail as to why they weren't available. The portions were huge and presentation quite old school. It tasted average. Meanwhile for almost our entire meal the window seat remained empty.

The next day we decided that we would book a window seat early to avoid being shoved in a corner only to be told they didn't actually book individual tables, just a time slot. Service in general was quite slow and awkward despite being told our server was "really competent" I dread to think how it would have been had he been incompetent!

Over all I felt it was a shame that in such a beautiful building and such a lovely town a big name like Hilton could expect to win it's guests over with a warm cookie and virtually nothing else!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amy W
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback after your stay with us for your honeymoon.

I appreciate this was a special occasion for you and your new husband and we are sorry for the disappointment caused with the room you were allocated. We always encourage our guests to voice their opinions during a stay so we have the opportunity to fix it. Had you informed us of this we would have been more than happy to offer you an alternative room should there have been one available.

Your comments in relation to your experience in the Restaurant is disappointing but please be assured we shall share this with the Restaurant Manager in order for us to improve our guests experience.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the areas we let you down in during your stay and be assured that we will use your feedback to to make changes and improvements within our hotel in our aim to provide the very best customer care we possibly can.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The hotel on the whole is very nice so you may question the average mark. I'm not normally a picky person but on this occasion the attention of the staff was lacking. Wake up call and newspaper didnt arrive, asked multiple times at breakfast for coffee which shouldnt be the case as it ws not that busy at the time, asked for all costs to be allocated to one room which again instructions were not followed. I'd stay again but this is notice for the management that if they market the hotel as being of a certain standard they need to deliver.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Hamish S
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review after your recent visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro.

We are disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and I am sorry for the areas we let you down.

I have forwarded your comments onto the relevant Operational Managers who will be looking at ways to improve.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again and hope that we will welcome you back to the hotel in the near future in order for us to show you the level of service we can provide for our guests.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Cromlix
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Airth Castle & Hotel

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro? Share your experiences!