“Family Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunblane
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
“Family Weekend”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Just had a two night break to celebrate our son reaching the grand age of 40.In all we had four rooms.Our room was allocated to the Stirling wing and the other three rooms in the main part of hotel.Receptionist soon sorted out and we were moved to room in main building.Meals were excellent and served by attentive staff.A credit to Dunblane Hydro.Only criticsm would be not enough seating for after dinner drinks.Had to retire to room.Will return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope to see you again sometime soon.
Many thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Lovely outside, nice interior, room nice. Staff excellent, sometimes not enough in bar area,as this serves as lunch,afternoon tea, and drinks. Jane was amazing,very helpful. Downside. Lack of information in rooms about facility's . WI FI. Can't believe a hotel. Of this standard CHARGES
£14.99 for 24 hours of wi fi. When you can go down to town and get it free in every other hotel and cafe. Good was excellent , it's the staff that make this a good hotel. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Room 262 has a spotlight outside which lights up room. But is quiet. Long walk as it's in Stirli...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey. We are please that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning to launch a new internet connection offer by end of March to meet with our client expectations. We look forward to see you again sometime soon.
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had booked a room for the night before an exam, and if the appearance of the exterior wasn't enough to sell me, it was just made better by being greeted with a warm cookie and an attractive, if a tad small, room.

The only problem I had was that the wi-fi in my room didn't seem to be working, and after numerous trips down to reception it still wouldn't work, which wasn't ideal given that I was still studying for my exam. However, the staff I spoke to on reception were exceptional. Firstly trying to help me to get it to work, but after it not working again, I was offered to move to another room. This would have been absolutely fine even if it was to a similar room, but by way of an apology, I was offered an upgrade and given my internet access at no fee. I would never have pushed for either, but the staff were so friendly and apologetic with my issue. The only other issue was that the internet again stopped working at 2am, this time being a hotel-wide issue, but I certainly didn't want, or feel the need, to complain. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the young girl (looked to be around my age; early 20s) at reception, but she was so nice and certainly a credit to the hotel.

I also went to the bar in the hotel after, to have a break from studying, and to have a glass of champagne or three. The service at the bar was again exceptional, for the most part; the only minor blip was when one of the bar staff gave me prosecco, when I asked for champagne, although he only charged me for prosecco. I sort of got the impression that he might have thought I wasn't the type that wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This certainly didn't detract from the whole experience however, as I did enjoy the champagne I did drink.

Any issues I had were minor, and generally had a fantastic stay. My first room was perfectly fine, but my upgraded room was superb. Had a great sleep, and enjoyed being able to relax on the sofa while I was studying. Can't wait to stay again, albeit that it'll probably be around exam time again. I just wish I'd had the time to try the breakfast, which I hear from friends is great.

Room Tip: Perhaps call ahead and ask about the reliability of the wifi in the room you'll be in.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mct91
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay at the Double Tree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro. We will review your comments with the team and we hope that all went well with your exam. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soo.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Standard twin room on a DBB deal which was excellent value.
Staff pleasant and welcoming from outset (and not only staff dealing directly with us but also those we passed in corridors throughout stay).
Check in is 4pm. We arrived at 2.30pm and had no issues. Straight to room with delicious warm cookie which is given at reception.
Room felt small when we first went in but was actually adequate, clean and comfortable. Large bathroom with fantastic shower over bath. Frosted bedroom window would have been annoying had we been staying longer but wasn't an issue for one night. Everything you'd expect is there - decent hairdryer, iron and board, safe, telly, toiletries, extra pillows. Beds very comfortable and felt like mattresses were new. Comfortable night's sleep - hotel busy but no noise to disturb.
Wouldn't have gone near mini bar. The usual extortionate prices you'd expect. 24 hour room service which we didn't use.
Cocktails in bar late afternoon. All good though staff apologetic about lack of Worcestershire Sauce and it was an ommission you wouldn't expect. Sandwich ordered was disappointing as it came on bog standard white pan bread and therefore wasn't worth the money. Surely could do better with the bread.
Dinner in Kailyard restaurant (booked prior to stay and several reviews state this is advisable). All three courses were delicious. Waiting staff - we had Calum who was excellent - were personable and attentive. Restaurant manager Aubrey checked how things were. Pleasant elegant gentleman who clearly aims to run a tight ship. Busy restaurant was functioning well. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Breakfast was buffet style with full selection of hot and cold foods, traditional or continental. Only gripe was quality of sausages. Could be better. Again staff were pleasant and helpful.
Different lounges and sitting areas on the ground floor. Plenty quiet spaces to relax.
Some reviewers have criticised dark decor. We liked it!
Good checkout time of 12.
We'll be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and dinner experience with us. We will review with the Executive chef your comment and will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve. We hope to see you again soon.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I thought that the cocktails at the hotel where the best thing along with the spar bath in my room. The charge of £5 each time I wanted room service put me off having my service.. which I use a lot when staying in nice hotels ( money lost by your hotel ).. And to charge £15 for internet for 24 hours (which did not last the full 24 )...I called ahead of my stay asking the restaurant for a special table as I was going to pop the Question to my girlfriend. When getting shown to my table I had to ask if this was the correct one... when they came back they them moved me to the table I had been promised. Kind of lost the moment from there on in.. as girlfriend kept asking what it was all about......

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey. Always looking for improvment, we are planning to launch a new internet offer by end of March to meet with our guest expectations. We are sorry about the table confusion at dinner time and we do hope you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. This time however the room allocated was well below what we expected. The carpet was badly stained in several places and the duvet was dirty and stained. The wardrobe had more items in it, ironing board, iron, fan & hairdryer which left little room for clothes. The food however was excellent as were the friendly and helpful staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Malcom Y
Michael P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey. Following guest feddback, we are investing in refurbishing corridors as well as new carpets in some rooms. We are pleased you had an enjoyable dinner experience and do hope to see you again sometime soon.
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here on Sunday 3rd March.The checkin was dealt with very effiently although i had asked and was willing to pay for an upgrade the manager gave no explanation except that it wasnt available,this was said without any checking.However the room we had was very nice and lovely decor so really no need for upgrade.They give everyone a lovely warm chocolate chip cookie on checkin which was a nice touch.The breakfast next morning was very nice as well.The only thing that let it down was dinner on the Sunday night,it was nothing to write home about.The selection was very poor,i am sure they could have added a sunday roast of some sort but there were 2 fish dishes,colie and haik,cheese burger and neck of lamb,none of which was very appetising but we didnt let it spoil our stay.Overall was very nice and a beautiful setting just a shame it poured rain while we there but would definately go back

1 Thank Ann S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and sharing with us your experience at the Dunblane Hydro Hotel. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and will review your comments with the Executive Chef. We do hope to see you again sometime soon.
Many thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunblane
Cromlix
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Airth Castle & Hotel

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro? Share your experiences!