Not bad but not great either. Nice location but not much to do locally. Room we had was lovely but paid extra for it. Not bad view and very peaceful. Food was ok but drinks were pretty good. Friendly bar staff and efficient.
On arrival waited 20 minutes in a queue to check in. Very poor customer service, no apology no nothing. Tried to use my Hilton Honours card to check in but the desk wasn’t in service. On arrival was told the pool was out of order again very poor!
Wouldn’t have booked here had I known it wasn’t open. I know things go wrong but it’s a selling point of the place. Room was tidy and clean and a bit run down. Marks on the walls and carpets and generally needing a good clean.
Had a terrible sleep as the room was roasting all night even with the window open and radiator off. Breakfast is a complete shambles. No organisation to it at all and I’m guessing that’s down to poor management rather than the staff who were polite but clearly lacking in direction.
I travel a lot and for a Hilton DT this was a let-down. Management didn’t seem interested at all. I would go back if I got a deal but not at full price – better out there for the same price if not less.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland