Overall impression of the hotel is I'm afraid to say, disappointing. Fortunately, I had booked a deluxe family room which was a really good sized room on the second floor looking down over the main entrance and the grounds of the hotel.
No complaints about the room size, furnishings or the bathroom apart from the "miniscule" wardrobe which was a bit better once we had removed the iron and ironing board.
Cleanliness was however another matter; first impressions DO count and to see the stairs leading up to the room in need of a good hoovering on arrival and still the same on departure, does not bode well and so it proved.
The room carpet was stained in quite a few places (regrettably I didn't take photos) and the windowsills dusty but the bed and bathroom were immaculate.
One major point that really needs addressing as a matter of urgency, is the lack of directions to some of the rooms; we spoke to people that had been wandering the corridors in search of rooms that didn't seem to have any signs indicating their location.
Bar and restaurant staff were very friendly but the service could be chaotic to say the least in the restaurant, with our party being offered their sweets before we had even had the starter and nobody seeming to know even which table the orders were for.; this was on the Friday night.
Breakfast on the Saturday was excellent with flasks of tea and coffee on the tables but Sunday morning (where admittedly it was very busy) was a total shambles with different areas for different selections and quite a wait at times for tea and coffee, in fact we had to ask 3 times for refills.
The food was very good, tasty and very well presented if a touch pricey and the drinks prices were extortionate to say the least.
We personally didn't use the SPA but my son and the kids, (large and small) enjoyed the pool on the Saturday morning.
Would we stay here again? I doubt it very much as there are far better hotels offering far better value for money not too far away from this area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland