Hubby and I stayed here for his fortieth birthday recently.
We stayed in a Deluxe room in the main building overlooking the town. The room was huge and the en-suite had a huge spa bath with separate shower (rainfall shower head). The bathroom absolutely made the room. The shower was powerful and really hot and the bath was really great!
The bed was ok, not the best I've slept in but not the worst either. The only issue I had in the room was the carpet...it was pretty badly stained in several places. I didn't ask for another room though because the bathroom was just so nice!
To a one, every staff member we encountered during our two night stay was polite, helpful and efficient. We have no complaints whatsoever. In fact, we had a slight issue with the wifi and it was satisfactorily resolved by the concierge in seconds.
We didn't eat there for dinner so can't comment on that but the breakfast was nice. Self service for both hot and cold food. I didn't have the cooked breakfast but my husband did and loved it both mornings. We also has a sandwich and tea etc from the lounge and they were all lovely too.
Overall, I'd say its a good hotel with lovely staff and nice rooms... I think the deluxe rooms are a good deal better than the standard rooms though so well worth upgrading if you can.
We would be happy to stay here again. Might even bring the kids next time!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland