Went to Dunblane hydro to celibate our parents golden wedding. The hotel itself is stunning and maintained very well. The issues are all staff related. We paid top dollar for the rooms & entry was 16.00 which is quite late & added to this my sons room was only ready after 18.00. we had dinner booked for 18.15 giving him only 00.15 mins to get ready. the 18.15 dinner slot was the management preset slot of we had a choice of a far too late slot & really one is too early & one too late. Its supposed to be a good restaurant. we found it to be quite poor. The creme brulee was delivered cold (all of it) & when they asked about it when I did not eat it I explained but they said they always do it that way!! Even the custard bit underneath that should be cold tasted bad.
The breakfast was chaos. Lots of people queuing up for a table & when I walked around to see what the problem was there was lots of free tables all requiring to be cleared. lots of staff were working around but no one accomplishing anything EG each person doing a job like clearing the glasses only for all the tables & no one doing a full job of clearing a table.
All in all poor service due to being let down badly by the staff that are not properly organized. Take a packed lunch or eat in the town. The restraint is not worth the stress.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland