Just returned from our annual work party night out and I have to say I am very disappointed. On arrival at the hotel we were made to feel very welcome and the cocktail bar staff were pleasant and efficient while we waited on our rooms to be made available. Our room, which was a standard double was very nice. Comfy bed, very clean, plenty room to move about and a lovely deep bath. It all began so promisingly. The party night however was a wee bit of a disaster. The whole table wasn't given their food at the same time resulting in cold food for some while they waited on the rest of the table to be served before beginning. We had almost an hour between starter and main course which is a bit unacceptable. The dessert which had no choice was unceremoniously flung down onto the table in front of us by a surly waitress. We were at no point informed coffee and tea was a help yourself affair in the foyer so missed out on that. Strangely enough we were offered shots at our table by a travelling mini shot bar. Surely more sense to set up a wee shot bar in the foyer. The band were not up to much and the singer couldn't be heard above the music. There was no rapport with the guests at all. I'm sure this is a lovely hotel on other occasions but the party nights are not up to standard for the money. Back to Creif Hydro for our party again next year I'm afraid.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland