My husband, daughter and I recently stayed here for one night. There were some aspects of the hotel that were very good, namely the beautiful exterior and grounds, as well as the decor in the public rooms. The warm cookie on arrival was also a lovely touch.
However, there were a various aspects of the hotel that were extremely disappointing for a 4 star Hilton hotel:-
Extremely rushed check in with room directions provided at top speed. I had to go back to the desk and ask for the directions to be given again.
We were located in a modern annexe at the rear of the hotel. This annexe was in stark contrast to the front of the building and resembled a travel lodge. The corridor leading to our room had not been vacuumed for some time and there was wallpaper peeling off the walls. The room itself had stains on the carpet and we were unable to close the windows which meant we were freezing cold all night.
The service in the bar was reasonable friendly, however, the food was mediocre at best. I ordered fish and chips at £14.95 which was served straight from the freezer with a garnish of wilting lettuce. I would have expected something of a better quality at this price, perhaps fresh fish or at least hand cut chips.
The leisure facility was in need of an overhaul with rusting pipework on the ceiling, mouldy shower curtains and several tiles missing on the floor of the changing rooms and in the steam room. A health hazard and not what I expected from this hotel.
Finally, the service at breakfast was extremely poor. The host was on the phone for several minutes when we arrived and did not make any attempt to acknowledge us. Once seated, there were lots of staff clearing tables but not a single one noticed that we had arrived and offered us tea and coffee. We waited and waited for around 15 minutes so eventually I had to go and ask for us to be served. We did not feel welcome at all. The staff are in desperate need of customer service training.
So it you are looking for good service, good food and a nice hotel room, my advice is to book somewhere else! You won't find it here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland