Not up to previous reviews. Having stayed at the hotel in its previous incarnations was optimistic . Unfortunately let down by service. Booked a prosecco deal with DBB and told room only. After showing booking confirmation we were promised wine to room - further request and phone call resulted in request being honored, two requests to open safe and still waiting. Restaurant service average at best. We had to pour our own wine and water, we're not asked if we wanted further drinks and had to ask manager (restaurant) to have desert served.
Food was fresh but over priced for what it is - this is no Michilen restaurant.
If you have to stay in Dunblane this is still probably the place to stay but they are not really trying - ok out of season but no excuse. Having stayed at Hiltons around UK and around world as far as Fiji this one has lessons to learn.
The food is good in parts, nice fish but very small portions with large slab of potato.
Hate to be negative but always honest. Average but could be a premier destination as nice facade, lovely grounds and good room refurb. Please please try harder.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland