Now just to avoid confusion I am talking about the Dunblane-Hydro which is the big Hilton hotel on the hill, reading some of the reviews I can only presume there is another Hydro in Dunblane.
We have stayed at the Hydro many times over many more years than I wish to count and have seen the hotel go from an iconic Stakis hotel then under new ownership becoming so bad that it dropped right off the scale then further changes of ownership and major upgrades and renovations have once again brought it right back up to the top and again in the 'Hilton Family' of hotels.
On our last visit which was a shorter stay than we normally take we arrived early and were delighted to find that our room was ready and we were able to get in immediately.
Our room had a south facing view out over Dunblane and the countryside beyond. The room was (as all our rooms have been) recently modernised and very welcoming.
The room was very clean and had all the usual extras such as a mini-bar (all hotel mini-bars are expensive-ish) a TV / radio with alarm clock which you can set should you wish to get up early!
A large VERY comfortable bed with pristine linen provided us with a great undisturbed sleep.
The toilet in this room didn't have a bath only a shower so if a bath is important remember to ask for a room with one.
There were plenty of fluffy clean towels and complimentary toiletries provided and plenty of hot water in the shower.
The main dining room - 'The Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant' provides excellent meals in a formal setting should you wish a lighter meal or less formal dining you can also order food from the bar.
Guests have free use of the attached Living Well Health Club which is a pleasant way to relax and unwind.
The staff are very cheery, pleasant and helpful and definitely make your stay welcoming.
As always the question is would we go back, this has to be an individual decision however we feel the Dunblane Hydro provides excellent facilities and good value so yes we will be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland