Commanding a fantastic view of Dunblane from the top of a hill, this is a wonderful hotel to visit. In through the front door and up a flight of stairs to reception where I was warmly greeted, and along with my bedroom key was presented with a large chocolate cookie. This was a first for me, having visited hundreds of hotels over the years.
The corridor leading to my bedroom on the next floor up was clean, light and well decorated. Unlike some of the previous reviews I didn't see any scruffy dark corridors. My bedroom was a twin. Again well decorated and comfortable. It was a little cool since the window had been left open, but with the window shut and the radiator turned on it quickly warmed up.
There was an ironing board in the wardrobe, which I find essential after a long journey, and plenty of room to put it out. There was mineral water in the bedroom, however this was not free, which was one of the few negatives I can come up with.
In the bathroom, it was spotlessly clean. The grouting on the floor tiles around the bath was slightly damaged, and the lights above the sink didn't work but these were trivial compared to the overall high quality of the bathroom finish and cleanliness. I couldn't find any way of heating the bathroom, there was a power switch on the wall outside the bathroom door but this didn't seem to do anything, so I had to make do with a cold bathroom.
There was no dressing gown or slippers, which I would have expected in a hotel of this quality, but the bed was very comfortable, and there was a choice of pillow types.
I ate in the bar, as it was late when I arrived, and the pasta was absolutely superb! Cooked to perfection with a creamy but flavoursome sauce. Breakfast was varied and again of a high quality. There was a full continental breakfast with a Scottish self-service cooked buffet. The sausages were surprisingly cheap and greasy however the bacon more than made up for it.
The bar and restaurant staff were all friendly, and the service was good.
Looking for a special weekend away, or a high quality business venue then this is the place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland