“Great food and very friendly”
Review of Sheriffmuir Inn - CLOSED

Sheriffmuir Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Off the beaten track Inn with locally sourced food & Ale
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Great food and very friendly”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visit this restaurant frequently and always enjoy it immensely. The staff are brilliant and the food is very good

• Visited January 2014

“Excellent evening”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had a family meal here again recently having not been for a while and we had such a lovely evening. The food was excellent and the choices available means there's something for everyone. To make sure we get back soon we booked our next meal prior to departing. Can't wait

• Visited April 2014
“Not Baaad.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Friends have always spoken about this place like it's out of this world and a good spot for special ocassions but I'm not sure I see it. We stopped in for lunch last week and while the food was decent enough and the service attentive, the restaurant itself was cold and if I'm honest the strong whiff of sheep coming from every woollen curtain and chair covering was a little offputting. I had the soup to start and the roast chicken with peppercorn sauce while my wife started with the pate and followed with the pulled pork from the specials board. Yes, it was good food and good value for what it was but I'm not sure I'd bother driving out into the middle of the nowhere for it again when there are comparable menus available in town.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank StirlingMike
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining With Bags of Character”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Short notice my wife and I decided to have dinner at the Sheriffmuir Inn last Friday. This was not our first time, and yet again we weren't disappointed. We both enjoyed Roe deer from the Specials menu, my gigot steak was tender and my wife enjoyed her meal as well. The Erdinger is always a welcome sight, and much enjoyed by the taste buds. Sitting by the fire was great on a cool winter's evening, and the staff and hostess were as welcoming as ever. I would recommend the Sheriffmuir Inn to anyone, great food in a building with bags of character.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Andy W
Glasgow
“Worth finding this place!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I am sure others have commented on the remoteness of this lovely little place and the drive on a cold February night was pitch black but definitely worth it! The staff are extremely helpful and welcoming and the food was varied and tasty. We had our two kids with us (6 and 10) as well as 6 adults. The specials board was extensive which would normally put me off a little as to how well a place can cook so many things well, but I was pleasantly surprised. Within our party we tried the Roe Deer, the venison pie, the pulled pork and the chicken parmignana and I didn't hear one complaint from anyone. If I have to say something to be constructive it would be that the kids menu lacked the imagination of the main menu but my kids enjoyed their chicken goujons nonetheless. The two adults who had desert loved everything mouthful and the restaurant were flexible about changing the flavour of icecream for me with the special desert I ordered. For a bleak Saturday night in February, this place was doing really well. I would definitely go back again the next time I am in the area. One small thing - an outside light for the dark winter nights would be a plus!

• Visited February 2014