Torrance Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Busby Hotel(Clarkston)
View Hotel
All reviewshoneymoon suitecocktail masterclassjacuzzi bathgreat nightfood was lovelytwo coursesbirthday partylovely hotelwedding receptionfrom start to finishwaiting stafffunction roomwedding venuesouptribute nightcooked breakfastconservatory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I posted this review initially under the Torrance restaurant but feel it is more suited to the Torrance Hotel reviews .....
We arranged a surprise 70th birthday/golden wedding anniversary party for my parents. Just want to thank the staff at the Torrance hotel for making the evening go without a hitch. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We had April running our event on the night and she was fabulous. She ensured all our requests were dealt with and made my parents feel very special. She is a credit to the hotel and I hope they recognise/appreciate her professionalism.

If there was any criticism it would be in relation to some of the food. Some guests mentioned the beef was a little tough and the veg was a bit undercooked. However, this was a minor issue and did not spoil our evening at all.

I would definitely recommend this venue for a celebration.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Karen E, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for your comments about our venue. We are glad April made your parents evening go smoothly along with the other staff on duty and hope if you visit us again your experience will be as memorable

Reviewed February 26, 2014

It is a long time since I stayed here and I was extremely surprised at how much the place has changed. My room was fabulous even including a Bose dock. Decoration was nice and reception staff were pleasant. None of this was the case on my previous visit when it was just above a hovel. I have a friend who lives locally who suggested I tried it again and I'm glad I did. I didn't eat her on this occasion but will definitely stay here when I'm next in the area

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Karen E, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of the quality of the refurbishment that has been done to this hotel and hope your next visit will be as pleasant

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Celebrated my birthday with my wife Sandra on Friday night.
Had requested to sit in the conservatory when we arrived were welcomed by our waiter and escorted to our table,had a lovely meal starter of haggis was lovely choice of main meal good and the cheesecake to finish was suburb. Service was good head waitress was very attentive and helpful,looking forward to our next visit to the restaurant,and as always finish of our evening in the bar.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen E, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am happy to hear that you had a lovely meal within the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

I have passed your thanks onto our staff and our head chef

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here on a voucher deal, and was worried it wouldnt be too great. We had planned to eat out in the village but the style of the resuarant and the menu took our fancy and we were not let down. Food was very good evenly priced and good portioning.
Room was exceptionaly good, and great value considering we got a bottle of fizz, cooked breakfast and the room for £49 I think.
Wouldnt hesitate to return, and enjoyed the entertainment in the bar to boot. Well done all at The Torrance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are really happy to hear you had a fantastic overnight stay within the Torrance Hotel, your feedback is always important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The rooms are well appointed (if a little warm!) and the shower room very clean and modern. Room 14 has a fire door just outside in the corridor. Maybe someone could adjust the spring so that it doesn't bang shut every time someone goes through? Woke me up early and kept me awake thereafter. Rooms a bit pricey in my view.

Breakfast was bizarre. They only appeared to have 2 menus and 6 teapots. We had to wait until someone had finished their tea before we got ours and then had to share a single teapot between 2. What's that all about? The cooked breakfast was good enough but everything a bit dried up as if kept hot for too long. The "continental buffet" consisted of stale croissants, nasty little pieces of cheese wrapped in plastic and boxes of cereal. No yoghurt or decent fresh fruit. Need to do better than this guys if you are charging £10+ for breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DH_Perth
Fawn F, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Torrance Hotel.

We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your overall stay as feedback we receive is good due to the extensive refurbishment the hotel has undergone (in all areas) and the choice we have on offer for breakfast (priced at £9.95pp) is cooked fresh upon ordering.

We thank you for your feedback regarding the door we will have our in-house maintenance team look at this.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you again in the near future at Torrance Hotel.