Torrance Hotel
$62
Travelocity
$79
PremierInn.com
All reviewshoneymoon suitecocktail masterclassjacuzzi bathgreat nightfood was lovelytwo coursesbirthday partylovely hotelwedding receptionfrom start to finishwaiting stafffunction roomwedding venuesouptribute nightcooked breakfastconservatory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Me and my daughter had a booking for 3 nights recently and found our visit very pleasant. The staff were friendly and approachable. Kevin the general assistant who served us breakfast every morning, was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Nothing was too much effort and he went out of his way to make sure we were well looked after. The food in the restaurant was first class and the prices were very reasonable. Our flight out on the last day was very early and the night porter ensured we were made a hot drink and some breakfast before we left, again an example of great service.
The only criticism we have is that the room we stayed in did not have suitable sound proofing. We could hear the guest above who was very noisy when walking up and down. We appreciate that the rooms are due to be refurbished over the next year and we would not hesitate to stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room number 8 due to noise levels.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank joycep894
Garrie R, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write your review .

Many thanks for your fantastic review and I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to the Torrance Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a brilliant night at the Torrance Hotel. The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. It was a bit slow in coming out but there were loads of people there so that was maybe expected. Perhaps the management could take food orders before people arrive so they are prepared. Décor was lovely and the ladies toilets were to die for with plenty of space for your handbag. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Gael (the party girl) had a great night and we couldn't have wished for more. I would have given it 5 stars if not for the waiting for food. The Korean Lionel was great too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deacon_Brodie1303

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was in the restaurant last night for a 70th birthday meal. In total there were 12 of us and we were eating from the the 3 course £21-95 set menu. The food itself I found very nice. I had the haggis, neeps and tatties in a filo basket and the only complaint was that the haggis was a bit on the cool side but it was very tasty. Main course was a medium cooked steak and it was cooked perfectly for me. Desert was sticky toffee pudding and it was really nice. The complaints were regarding the length of time it took to serve each course. We were advised on arrival that there would be a slightly longer than normal wait for being served due to the number of large sittings. Slightly longer than normal was a gross understatement!! We waited almost 20 minutes to be served our main course. Now in my opinion, if you know you are going to have a large number of sittings, you bring in the staff to accommodate that. The waiting staff were fantastic and I couldn't fault them but they needed more staff in the kitchen. A well run restaurant wouldn't have this problem

Overall, the food was nice but it wasn't worth the money. I can think of other restaurants that would've gave you nicer food and you would've had more for your money. This is a overpriced restaurant and I won't be back. It does look fantastic after its refurbishment though.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Cameron4

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Here at the Torrance Hotel we pride ourselves on producing a high standard service and quality of food and at busy times such as a Saturday night we feel that 20 minutes wait for a main course is not excessive.

Regarding the cost of the food we are very competitive in the local market and £21.95 for the 3 course menu that you chose was a group menu based on 10 people or more and the dishes contained on this menu are our highest priced starters and mains. However I would like to confirm at the time of booking you were offered a choice of 3 group menus with the cheapest starting at just£14.95 per person.

Many thanks for the positive comments regarding the quality of the food you said you received on the night.

We thank for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Torrance Hotel in the near future.

Garrie Ross

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I did a late booking for this hotel for myself and my husband for 2 nights. We arrived at 9.30pm to a freezing cold room. We were given an electric heater which didn't work so another one had to be found along with grim looking blankets.
We had breakfast next morning which was acceptable in the lovely refurbished diningroom. I asked for a warmer room and was shown another room which was just as cold with twin beds which we didn't want. I arranged with the staff to turn the electric fire on during the afternoon so when we arrived back we would be warm, which they did. I had a shower.
The next morning there was no hot water. When I complained to the receptionist I was told that the kitchen had hot water and they usually lose it first.It was suggested that I hadn't left the tap running long enough. As I pointed out I had managed the night before so what was the difference. Then the receptionist told me that no one else had complained!! I then became quite cross and asked if she were calling me a liar?
I asked for the Manager but was told he was in a meeting and would be all day. I then said that in my opinion the room had been sold unfit for purpose and was told that it was all due for refurbishment but as I pointed out nowhere on their website did it mention this to enable me to make a decision to stay or not.
The Manager did phone me and apologised refunding 50% of my money.

Room Tip: Different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 319Suzanne
Garrie R, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I can assure you that this was an isolated incident regarding the water and the heating.I did have the maintenance manager look at the room and it was resolved straight away.

As you stated in your review I did call you the same morning you checked out and explained the above and apologised. I also gave as a good will gesture 50% of your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Torrance Hotel in the near future.

Garrie Ross

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Torrance Hotel is situated within the Old Village area of East Kilbride about 2ks from the Town Centre . Recently refurbished, this hotel has taken a giant leap from being a typical old fashioned Scottish 'stage stop' hotel to a very classy Bar/Restaurant and function hotel. One addition I really like is the outside pseudo mezzenine deck. A brilliant place to eat and drink' al fresco'. I attended most recently as a guest at a post-funeral purvey. The service, the food and the suite were excellent. The member of staff manageing the event was both efficient and caring.
My only criticism is the size of the tables at such an intimate event. They were the large 6ft. diameter ones usually associated with weddings and large groups of people.; but this is a small point compared to everything else which was more than sattisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends