Torrance Hotel
$132
$113
$272
$227
South Craighall B&B(East Kilbride)
Travelocity
All reviewshoneymoon suitecocktail masterclassjacuzzi bathgreat nightfood was lovelytwo coursesbirthday partylovely hotelwedding receptionfrom start to finishwaiting stafffunction roomwedding venuesouptribute nightcooked breakfastconservatory
Reviewed October 25, 2011

my husband and I stayed at the Torrance on frid 21st oct ,theTorrance has been beautifully renovated the bar and restaurant are so welcoming the staff are very pleasant. The room we had was room 21 which looked like it had been renovated already it was a lovely modern room the bed was very comfortable The corridors however are still very dated but I am sure that once renovated will be beautiful . we dined in the restaurant the staff were very attentive and pleasant the food was lovely although my husband felt the portion size could have been better and he is NOT a big eater . overall we had a very pleasant stay and will certainly return to The Torrance on our next night out in East Kilbride .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Decided to go to the Torrance in the village in east Kilbride as we had passed by a few times during the refurbishment and thought it looked lovely, for a family birthday meal with 12 family members. Restaurant re furbishment was gorgeous and was really nice inside, however this was not to be said for service and disgusting food , which for a restaurant that they wish to be they have a long way to progress.

After waiting 1.hr 30 mins for our mean meal, which we did not complain as we were enjoying each others company and catching up, but no apology or if food experience made up for it, but food that arrived was terrible. Chef should be trained in particular cuts of meat and know sirloin from fillet which I ordered and also (one waitress was so nice )that even herself knew that it was sirloin and not filllet. Also hand cut chips= burnt and hidden under food and also portions not good for price.
We as a family love to eat out and try different restaurants and do not mind waiting, if food is delicious, but this was such a disappointment and disaster.

I would normally give a restaurant a second try, but unfortunately I will not be returning as this was disgraceful and the whole experience.

Take away was delivered for on way home.

Very Unsatisfied customer

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Beth A
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Live near the torrance and have witnessed it being transformed over recent months. Had never been in the restaurant before but it's now really well done and stylish. Booked a table in the restaurant on a sunday evening for wifes birthday. The menu has a good choice of dishes and the food was all fairly tasty for our party of 4 but the service was particularly slow and unattentive, it certainly doesnt live up to the high standard of the surroundings!! Dont understand why you would spend fortunes on a refurb and not bother training your staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Reidy77
Reviewed October 21, 2011

After reading some reviews I was apprehensive about booking a table here for a family birthday, so me and my sister decided to drop in on a Thursday night to try the food and check the place out before booking.

We had no reservation and it was obvious they were extremely busy. A man (I'm guessing the manager) explained that we could have a drink at the bar or sit at the entrance and it would be 20mins for a table. To our surprise we were seated after 10mins-not even enough time to get a drink!
Sitting in the conservatory we were a bit lost for words at just how different the place looks, and all for the better. It was rather noisy with two large tables being in and the music on but it was nice to be in somewhere that was actually busy and full of life for a change.
Ordered drinks and food and the waitress explained that the food might be a few mins longer as the large table had just placed their order. Very thoughtful as I am always watching plates coming out to see if it's mine!
We ordered the chicken fajitas and stuffed chicken. YUM! Can't fault these two dishes although I did ask for an extra tortilla and the waitress kindly got one for me even though she was clearly very busy.
As we were just trying out the place before we book a large table we didn't have any starters or desserts just some coffee after dinner. the waitress explained that they have musical entertainment at the weekend when she brought our bill over which is something I know I am very interested in coming back for!

Yes we did Have to wait a bit for our drinks, dinner, coffee but it is clearly obvious that the staff here work non stop and are only doing things as fast as they can. I take my hat off to them as I didn't see them once in the 90minutes I was there.

I am glad I decided to try out the new, gorgeous Torrance for myself and not follow some previous reviews and I will certainly coming back again for dinner and drinks!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I visited with my husbad last friday for dinner, i was very impressed with the new exterior,also interior and conservatory.
We were met by the manager of the restaurant Mino. who was very welcoming, On being shown to our table we were waited on by a young lady called Sarah, who was very pleasant, and helpful cosidering it was very busy.
Our food was excellant and worth the wait , especially not being charged for pepper sauce accompanying our steaks, also the home made chips which are very rare these days .
I am returning this friday with 9 friends and i look forward to it as they have live entertainment .
One thing i have noticed on other recent reviews some customers cannot give a new place time to settle in with new staff , i personally feel that as the new staff settle in, the hotel will be even more efficient , also on asking at reception about accomodation for friends visiting the rooms are to be renovated after christmas . I look forward to many visits

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and are to be renovated after christmas
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple