“Excellent stay in East Kilbride”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Kilbride
South Craighall B&B
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I arrived at South Craighall after a long journey from Ireland and I was immediately delighted with my choice of stay. I was met by both Laura and Richie whom were friendly and was shown to my room which was a twin. I ended up staying 4 nights and each night was great. The breakfast was excellent and I would have no hesitation in returning. It was first class accomodation, very clean and homely. Excellent value and as good as some hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank PodgeBray

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived early so we could tour the area and have dinner in Glasgow. Richie Gilchrist was very accommodating providing a brief tour and assisted with luggage then providing a suggested route to downtown Glasgow. We met Laura later that evening and she was very helpful and interested in our travels. We had four in our party so we had both rooms. Clean and comfy rooms, great bathroom and the cozy family room was a plus. Breakfast was sumptuous with a nice selection of eggs ,breads and jellies. Coffee was really good and hot. We loved the kitties and the spaniel Josey. When we are I the area will definitely stay again. There is an interesting history behind the property. This is what a B&B should be.

Room Tip: Wonderful accommodation no matter the room choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rouxie
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recently stayed using both bedrooms. Facilities and breakfast was excellent. Owners could not have been more helpful. I am very fusy and this surpassed my expectations. Cleanliness was exemplary. Would not hestiate to stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank northyorkshirefamily
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A warm welcome awaits at this stunning B&B in the countryside but only a few minutes drive from local amenities. I have stayed here a number of times, mainly on business, and like it so much that I now consider myself a bit of regular. The kettle has always just boiled when I arrive and Laura always provides a warm welcome.
Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated with comfy beds, flat screen freeview TVs and free wifi. The bedrooms, as well as all of the communal areas, are very clean and warm. Laura provides fresh milk which is a great touch along with branded drink options. The bathroom is that of a 5* hotel, it has under floor heating, Moulton Brown products, and a very large powerful shower.
Other guests have referred to the pets, if you do not like animals please don’t let this put you off, they are kept way out of the way and are certainly not in the kitchen when you have breakfast, My first few visits I did not even realise they had any! If you like pets like I do you are able to see them before you go and make some new furry friends.
Breakfast is cooked to order for a pre arranged time, so if you wish to have a lie in you can and if like me sometimes you need an early exit you can still enjoy breakfast unlike some hotels/B&B’s which only serve from a certain time. I have never known anyone get poached eggs so perfect each time.
If you need to put something in the fridge or need a plate nothing is ever too much trouble.
I stay away in hotels/B&B’s 5 times a week, this is by far my favourite.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mark s
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This B&B offers two rooms in an immaculately refurbished farmhouse in a quiet country location, but still just a few minutes away from the centre of East Kilbride.

In-room facilities were excellent, flat-screen TV and fast, free wi-fi. A jug of milk was a welcome change from UHT milk pots.

Just FYI to potential guests, the family pets will want to make friends so bear that in mind if you really can't abide animals. Also guests share the 'wet room' style bathroom, rather than rooms being en-suite.

Quality of breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices, all-in-all the service couldn't be faulted, Laura went out of her way to make it feel like a 'home from home'.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emteq
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for a night, and then came back on our return trip before flying back to australia. A great place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom is also a good size. There was a good breakfast selection and it was cooked to perfection. Heaps of easy parking and close to sight seeing places. The little extras just made our stay more welcoming. Laura had the kettle boiled for when we arrived and nothing was to much trouble (even offered to post some items for us free of charge). Would definetly recommend this bed and breakfast to fellow travelers.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A thoughtfully converted farmhouse set within a beautiful garden of mature trees, expansive lawns and topiary hedge. Pretty countryside yet easily accessible to Glasgow- our hosts offered to run us into the local station (20 mins into Glasgow)
Laura and Richeys' hospitality could not have been warmer, nothing seemed to be too much trouble,our hosts insisted on driving us, some distance, to a wedding reception we were attending. A great breakfast, offered at a time to suit us,-after a late night, we opted for 10am!
We were reluctant to leave their delightful spaniel, the horses, and the cat,-a stray that had obviously recognised the exceptional hospitality on offer, and had moved in!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends