“PatC Bruce Hotel, East Kilbride,Lanarkshire, Scotland”
Review of Bruce Hotel

Bruce Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Bruce is a medium sized budget hotel serving vistors to east Kilbride and the adjacent areas.
We had a clean commodious room with plenty of storage space,and a small but adequate bathroom with a bath/shower,and plenty of hot water.Everything worked.Beds were comfortable.
No room TV or fridge.
Downstairs there was a small bar with a limited but adequate range of spirits and a single beer.
The dining room was comfortable,and the food from a limited menu ,tasty and well cooked and served.
There was an excellent lift service to all floors
The decor was generally good but in places in need of repair.
The dining room was decorated with some half dozen of the most gloomy pictures ,I think I have ever seen in an hotel Some nice cheery prints would be a plus.
This was not luxury , but excellent value for money

Room Tip: I understand that rooms do vary in size , from talking to other guests . Make sure you have a room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Douglas D, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear PatC254900,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am at a bit of a loss regarding the lack of a TV in your bedroom as this is a standard amenity in all our bedrooms.

I am delighted that your accommodation was comfortable and that you enjoyed our food and service.

I hope to welcome you to The Bruce again when next in the area.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Excellent, Let me explain.
The food lived up to other reports made it was tasty and hot. There were four of us so we had all different dishes no complaints plenty of food to.
The rooms were good, clean, ticked the boxes.
We came along with my wife's parents both in their eighties, one being disabled this is where real commendation comes, we were cared for by the staff. The kindness shown to the folks was quite touching, this is something not so often displayed these days, sadly. So overall rating is excellent from us, the staff from the Friday when we arrived to the Sunday of our departure were caring and kind. When you have experiences like this, it goes a long way as you can see.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear MJMAC79,

I truly appreciate your kind comments following your recent stay with us at The Bruce. We are exceptionally proud of our team and the lengths they go to to ensure customer satisfaction. I will ensure that they are all made aware of your comments.

I sincerely hope that when next in the area we will get the opportunity to take care of you in the same fashion.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked a single room at this hotel online after looking at reviews. I needed somewhere to stay while working in Glasgow. It is a nice hotel, the room was nice and the staff were pleasant. I had a evening meal in the restaurant which was also nice enough and reasonably priced. The only downfall for me was; The wifi wouldn't connect to my I phone or ipad, which made it difficult to check my business account. I was woken up at 11pm at night; someone decided to empty the bins in the evening that are located right outside the hotel rooms, they weren't quiet or fast about it. There was loud banging and kicking of the bins (i got up to have a look to see what was going on) that went on until 11:45pm which by then I found it difficult to go back to sleep. I understand the bins needed to be emptied, but this went on for 45 mins, there was nothing quick or quiet about it. Other than that I cant complain. I would stay here again just not in any room that faces the bins!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that IS NOT near the bins, so that you dont get woken up by them being emptied at 11...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank YesItsUs2

Dear YesItsUs2,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken your comments on board regarding the bins and this incident has been addressed, so I guarantee a peaceful sleep next visit !

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went to Skye Lounnge for lunch since we've heard such good things about it.

One of the best cheese burgers I've ever had followed by a BIG apple turnover. The food is all real, no frozen chips or fake cream. The staff are friendly and efficient. There's a good relaxing atmosphere about Skye Lounge aswell. The only thing I didn't like was the tomato sauce.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark0826,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of friends on a coach trip Friday till Monday. Got to mine and my hubby's room on the 2nd floor it was very dated didn't even fancy getting into the bath as it looked like it was coming away, one of the chairs was very stained didn't want to sit on it. Had a very small tv plenty of tea coffee could do with extra milk. The 1st night we got into bed then we released there was 2 single beds pushed together we booked a double we had a terrible sleep it felt like we were sleeping apart. We could hear the music from the night club from the ground floor which didn't finished till 3am then heard people walking & talking passing the corridors. We asked the next morning could we be moved and housekeeper said she would put a blanket on the bed I said we would still feel it, went to reception and the girl said we could move no problem at all. The next room was on the 3rd floor which was much much better lovely room had a lovely sleep with no noise. Breakfast was excellent help yourself plenty to choose from, the meal were good enough hot and fresh. We went down stairs to the Skye bar as we got tolded the pints were a pound cheaper it's nice till around 9.30pm and that's when the younger 1s come in so we went back upstairs. The staff worked really hard but we keep on waiting at the small bar as on the friday there was a 21st party in another room but they had to pass us as the toilets were next to us which was very noisy. The Saturday we went to a pub 5 mins round the corner from hotel in the mall called the Tower stayed there for a while went back to hotel there was a 18th party which to all of us they looked about 15 years old 2 girls had to take a girl to the toilet and passed us and she was sick alover next to where we were sitting a couple of my company was not impressed don't know how the staff didn't ask for there IS, the owner said sorry and got a poor lad to clean up.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank xbabykins
Douglas D, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear xbabykins,

Thank you for taking time to offer a review following your recent stay at The Bruce.

The hotel has been undergoing a major refurbishment over the past year and unfortunately the first bedroom that you were allocated was not one of the refurbished rooms, I am however delighted that the staff reacted to your comments and allocated alternative accommodation.

We do indeed, like most hotels, host functions at the weekends and we endeavour to ensure that this does not infringe on the comfort of any of our guests. I apologise for the incident that you witnesses but can assure you that as a business we take licensing laws extremely seriously and can assure you that we have measures in place to ensure that all young persons must produce ID before being served alcohol and that all these functions are controlled by licensed stewards. I can appreciate however how young some 18 year old look !

I am delighted that you found our staff friendly and our food good. I sincerely hope that you will visit the hotel again when next in the area at which time all the rooms will hopefully have been upgraded.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've just used the Bruce Hotel after attending a training event. It was in an ideal location for the M74 and at £35 for B+B it was spot on. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. The underground car park means you don't have to wet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Douglas D, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Mike D,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

I am delighted that we delivered in all aspects of quality and service and hope that when you are next in the area we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to the hotel.

Jim McCann

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Bruce Hotel is a wonderful place to stay if you're up in East Kilbride for a few days. The hotel reception staff are very friendly and Angie was particularly helpful in answering my questions about the restaurant which is a beautiful place to dine. The food is freshly prepared and is served by professional staff who care about the experience of all their guests. The room I had was a double and it was very nice indeed. There was a wall mounted TV with remote control facing the bed so I could just relax and catch up on the news. The bath and shower were great...very powerful piping hot water and fresh towels and bedding were all sorted every morning. There is also a lift near reception and a car park in the basement which was extremely convenient. All in all I had a beautiful experience and shall look forward to returning at some point in the near future. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anybody who wishes to stay in elegant surroundings in East Kilbride. Beautiful. Wonderful. Elegant. Friendly and GREAT food. James - room 110.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 110. It was a really nice and cosy room...nice and warm....and it felt like a littl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Douglas D, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear James O,

I thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel.

We do pride ourselves on providing excellent value for money and indeed first class customer service so I am delighted that we did not disappoint you during your recent stay at The Bruce.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again when you are next in the area. I will also ensure that your kind comments are passed on to Angie.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston

Been to Bruce Hotel? Share your experiences!