“Very good overnight stay”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Romiley, Stockport, England
“Very good overnight stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed for 1 night as part of an Alfa coach holiday.
The hotel interior is lovely and the room was extremely comfortable and surpassed expectations. We particularly enjoyed the wonderful armchair and separate footrest. Everything was spotlessly clean.
Dinner was very good but the service was extremely slow. Breakfast was really excellent.
This hotel would have scored 5 from us, rather than 4, if the dinner service had not been so slow and if porterage had been provided.
Would be happy to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride while on your coach holiday.

We do offer a porterage service to our Tour Operators as per the T&C’s of their contracts and had porters available on the night of your stay. I shall investigate this further with our team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have stopped at this hotel on a number of previous occasions and was not disappointed on this occasion. The hotel always offers a friendly welcome and this is not always the case with larger hotels. The hotel is not new but is well maintained and offers a gym/pool in the health club. The restaurant food for dinner was excellent and better than I expected.

Will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sat nav to the hotel is a bit off and will get you lost. Use the full address.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you enjoy visiting the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride when visiting the area.

I will share your comments with our team.

inverness scotland
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Came across this hotel by chance as we were visiting family nearby so thought we would try it out we were greeted with lovely friendly staff on arrival asked for a executive room for 2 nights when we opened the door were very disappointed as with the condition of the room very dated so I phoned reception from room to ask to be moved that wasn't a problem and got card to another room across from the original the manager even came up too ask if that was suitable and it was but they are really needing upgraded but spotlessly clean we went down for breakfast in the morning & again greeted with lovely smiling faces we were shown to our table offered tea coffee & helped ourself to big choice hot cold breakfast lovely couldn't fault it we didn't eat here in the evening or use the leisure facility's but would return thankyou for a lovely stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride, whilst visiting family nearby.

I am sorry you experienced an issue with your room initially; the hotel will begins its bedroom refurbishments later this year.

I am however glad that you found our reception team friendly & welcoming and would return to the hotel again in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A quick stay over in Glasgow; good location, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms which,in places, need a tidy up.

Best thing at this Holiday Inn was the quality of the food; five of us ate an evening meal, it was nice to see a menu of good variety and interest. The dishes were good restaurant quality but and prices associated with a hotel. None of us could fault the starters, mains and puds.

Breakfast was a delight with additional local touches, including Haggis, to the usual buffet style fayre. I don't go north of the border very often but if I do I would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

Our Season’s Restaurant has a great menu with locally sourced produce, or you can also chose to dine from our Season’s Lounge menu which is served throughout the day.

I will share your positive comments with the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stay here about 20 times a year. The food is always good and the staff are always helpful and friendly. TV's in the room have now been updated as has the WiFi access. It is a great place either if you're on business or want to use it as a base for your holiday. Loch Lomond is about 40 minutes drive away.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel. That will keep you away from any road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is good to hear positive feedback from our regular guests. I am glad that you find the hotel convenient for your needs & are happy with the upgrades that are currently taking place in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My daughter and son in law recently had their wedding at the Holiday Inn East Kilbride. The events Manager, Carla was absolutley great through out the whole process, from planing to the actual day. Nothing was too much bother for her. Her team on the day were also fantastic, the venue looked wonderful and all the staff were great. All the guests commented on what a great wedding it was. The food was lovely and the evening reception was great. I would highly recommend this as a wedding venue or for any other special occassion.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving a positive review of your daughter’s wedding on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that everyone enjoyed their day at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to Carla, our Events Manager & the rest of the team.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed here , I came down and had a great Friday & Saturday peaceful stay , I collected my Wife at Glasgow Airport on Sunday morning and took her back to the Hotel , she was very tired after her flight from the USA , I told her she would love the Hotel as my stay so far had been wonderful .........however during the middle of the night we were woken up at 4 am by shouting and swearing coming from drunks who were slamming doors and bumping into things as they wandered around blind drunk and wasted .......it got so bad that I feared for the safety of the Hotel Staff and I wrapped a towel around and headed of to see what was going on , in one of the stairways a group of males were off there heads .....I went back to our room and called reception and asked them to call the Police as I felt the time had come to do something to stop a full riot starting........

In the Job I do I deal with thousands of people every year......and drunken males are very dangerous ........in my own experience .

I feel the Hotel let things go on too long and leasons must be learnt to prevent this from happening again .

On a good note the Staff are a real joy to meet , we were very happy with everyone we came into contact with , the young girls on Reception are first class and really go the extra mile, well done .

The Wi-Fi in the rooms is very slow , I am a IHG Gold Card holder , and this is the slowest I have encountered .....................

The Hotel is in a good location and very handy for the Glasgow area .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerEastKilbride, Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am extremely sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been due to the behaviour of other residents on the Sunday evening.
This is not a common occurrence and our night manager and his team did their best to control the situation. The police were called to attend and the situation was eventually brought under control. The guests responsible will not be welcomed back to the hotel again.
With regard to the Wi-Fi speed issues, we have just upgraded our system and will shortly have a new fibre line fitted. This will vastly improve the facility.
Should you plan to visit the area again, please email or call me and I will ensure you are well looked after. My email address is gm@hieastkilbride.com and telephone number is 01355 236 300.
Kind regards

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!