“The best food at a Holiday Inn for a long time”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A quick stay over in Glasgow; good location, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms which,in places, need a tidy up.

Best thing at this Holiday Inn was the quality of the food; five of us ate an evening meal, it was nice to see a menu of good variety and interest. The dishes were good restaurant quality but and prices associated with a hotel. None of us could fault the starters, mains and puds.

Breakfast was a delight with additional local touches, including Haggis, to the usual buffet style fayre. I don't go north of the border very often but if I do I would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

Our Season’s Restaurant has a great menu with locally sourced produce, or you can also chose to dine from our Season’s Lounge menu which is served throughout the day.

I will share your positive comments with the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stay here about 20 times a year. The food is always good and the staff are always helpful and friendly. TV's in the room have now been updated as has the WiFi access. It is a great place either if you're on business or want to use it as a base for your holiday. Loch Lomond is about 40 minutes drive away.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel. That will keep you away from any road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is good to hear positive feedback from our regular guests. I am glad that you find the hotel convenient for your needs & are happy with the upgrades that are currently taking place in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My daughter and son in law recently had their wedding at the Holiday Inn East Kilbride. The events Manager, Carla was absolutley great through out the whole process, from planing to the actual day. Nothing was too much bother for her. Her team on the day were also fantastic, the venue looked wonderful and all the staff were great. All the guests commented on what a great wedding it was. The food was lovely and the evening reception was great. I would highly recommend this as a wedding venue or for any other special occassion.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a positive review of your daughter’s wedding on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that everyone enjoyed their day at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to Carla, our Events Manager & the rest of the team.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed here , I came down and had a great Friday & Saturday peaceful stay , I collected my Wife at Glasgow Airport on Sunday morning and took her back to the Hotel , she was very tired after her flight from the USA , I told her she would love the Hotel as my stay so far had been wonderful .........however during the middle of the night we were woken up at 4 am by shouting and swearing coming from drunks who were slamming doors and bumping into things as they wandered around blind drunk and wasted .......it got so bad that I feared for the safety of the Hotel Staff and I wrapped a towel around and headed of to see what was going on , in one of the stairways a group of males were off there heads .....I went back to our room and called reception and asked them to call the Police as I felt the time had come to do something to stop a full riot starting........

In the Job I do I deal with thousands of people every year......and drunken males are very dangerous ........in my own experience .

I feel the Hotel let things go on too long and leasons must be learnt to prevent this from happening again .

On a good note the Staff are a real joy to meet , we were very happy with everyone we came into contact with , the young girls on Reception are first class and really go the extra mile, well done .

The Wi-Fi in the rooms is very slow , I am a IHG Gold Card holder , and this is the slowest I have encountered .....................

The Hotel is in a good location and very handy for the Glasgow area .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerEastKilbride, Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am extremely sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been due to the behaviour of other residents on the Sunday evening.
This is not a common occurrence and our night manager and his team did their best to control the situation. The police were called to attend and the situation was eventually brought under control. The guests responsible will not be welcomed back to the hotel again.
With regard to the Wi-Fi speed issues, we have just upgraded our system and will shortly have a new fibre line fitted. This will vastly improve the facility.
Should you plan to visit the area again, please email or call me and I will ensure you are well looked after. My email address is gm@hieastkilbride.com and telephone number is 01355 236 300.
Kind regards

Bruce Robbie

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Probably the least cared for HI I have stayed at. If there has been a refurbishment, it wasnt apparent to me. Chipped paint, creaking floors, mouldy shower tiles and grubby doors.

I have reluctantly stayed 3 times and maintenance failures every time. First time lift wasnt working. 2nd time complete systems failure and they wanted pre-paying and everything spent in hotel had to be cash and this time the front revolving doors failed. Also, being an elite member, I had an executive room. I hate to think what standard rooms are like.

Another anoyance was being asked for a swipe of my credit card. I havent been asked for this for years being a priority club member. It was ggeir policy spparently as was adding £30 per night for any extras.

On the plus side, hotel quiet, breakfast was good and staff friendly but hotel not a great advert for intercontinental hotels.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues on each of your stays at the hotel.

The hotel is due to start bedroom refurbishments this year, with our executive bedrooms being priority.

Please contact myself directly at reservationsmgr@hieastkilbride.com to discuss your recent stay in more depth.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

You really can't go wrong with this hotel. Yes it's a little dated and in need of a freshen up here and there, and the bar area isn't exactly large for a relatively big hotel, however generally it's spot on.

Friendly staff who were incredibly helpful and worked on finding us a room for another colleague. Great recommendations for local places to eat from one of the bar staff. Gym, pool and spa worth popping across to...and if required get a massage.

Breakfast has an excellent choice for all.

Five good days/nigths spent on a recent trip. Would visit again if in area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us .

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here two nights. The bedroom and bathroom were fresh, modern and clean. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. There was what looked like a new TV. Given the previous reviews, I assume there has been some refurbishment.

Health club was free, had helpful staff and had a nice, warm pool.

Breakfast was plentiful and was frequently restocked. Particularly liked the haggis and black puddings. There were no problems with service or queuing (and I was with a coach party)

All staff were pleasant, courteous and efficient

Only minor negatives are the location but, if you're driving, that is less of an issue. Also, the management should buy the guy on reception a better fitting, smaller jacket ;-)

This Holiday Inn is as good as any of the other ones in the UK.
Overall, we had a good stay...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank yahooholidays

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us .

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!