“The staff are so friendly!”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stay here very often and although the rooms could do with being updated the staff are so very friendly and the food is really excellent. Brought my wife with me this last time. We were surprised and really pleased to find a bottle of wine in the room as a welcome gift. Very nice thought! Vicky, Daria, David, Jen, Amy, Ashleigh, Claire-Louise and all of the others, you make such a difference to the hotel. Thank you all so much. We had a lovely stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WouldGoAgain
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your positive and kind review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments have been passed onto our team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A large group of us attended this location for a brewery tour. The staff were extremely friendly and made us all feel welcome.
We all had tasters of the beer they brew and a bit of lunch. Food was excellent and the beer was good too.
I will definately be back for some more beer and food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is probably the most run down Holiday Inn we have ever seen. The room was clean but very worn. The TV was a smallish CRT job housed in a dark wood cabinet with opening doors. We thought the kettle being housed beneath the set might have been a health and safety issue.
What little information was in the room was out of date and did not even have the current names of Health club and restaurant correct.
The on screen information typical of Holiday Inns was impossible to read as screen resembled a snowstorm, further reason to upgrade TV.

There was a leak in the foyer roof and rainwater was being collected in buckets.

On a positive note, we were given complimentary Wi-Fi and the food in the restaurant was excellent. All staff we encountered were very friendly but professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry that on this occasion at the Holiday Inn we did not manage to meet your expectations. Your comments have been forwarded onto our Maintenance Manager and General Manager for further investigation.

I hope that your recent stay does not deter any future stays at the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked this hotel with IHG loyalty points, so it was effectively free. I didn't have high hopes, but the hotel exceeded them easily. The rooms are dated, but clean. The TV's are also from another era, and the wi-fi didn't work in my room, but I had a 3g signal on my Blackberry so that was fine. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The large swimming pool is a very welcome bonus, it was very quiet on a Saturday evening, busier on a Sunday morning, it is a leisure club so there are non-guests using it too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry F
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your experience in our bedrooms and made use of our complimentary onsite leisure complex. The WiFi and Televisions throughout the hotel are currently under review with view to a system upgrade in the near future.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel are average in all aspects, old furnitures and style. But very clean.
Does its job. Been here many times in business. The location is a bit off, you need a taxi to the town for a meal. I tried the restaurant once, and it was not very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Valle1974

I am sorry to hear that on your recent visit we were unable to meet your expectations.

Should you return to the hotel in the future please don’t hesitate to contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff was polite and did its best in dealing with my requests/comments during my stay. I stayed here for business in May 2013. The price charged (£86/night) was a bit expensive for the standard of the property. On arrival I examined my room and found hairs (of various lengths) in the outer part of the duvet. I requested a room change and was upgraded to an 'Executive Room' which was roomier than the original one. I was unlucky enough to have this new room smell of cigarettes, but as the hotel was at capacity I had to stay there the first night and by having the A/C on all the time, the smell was greatly dealt with.

For me, the highlights of this hotel are the attitude of the staff which was positive even in the face of my room problems and the food which was of good quality.

Standard rooms (e.g., my original one) do not include soap bars, but a wall-mounted dispenser, as available in some gyms. They have a banner next to reception advertising the £25 upgrade to an Executive Room which does include soap bars!

The rooms are fairly aged, which it is not uncommon in the UK. The second bathroom (I don't remember the first) was clean and I have no complains about it.

An irritating feature of this hotel are the irons: they have low power irons without steam! When asked for a proper iron, hotel staff said these were taken away because they triggered the sensitive fire alarm.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your room on arrival; I will pass this to our housekeeping team to investigate. I am however, pleased that you were happy with the level of service from our staff in dealing with your requests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our third stay at this Hotel. We opted for a Dinner Bed & Breakfast package to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Staff are friendly and the food was top notch. I would echo the comments of others in agreeing that the public areas of the hotel are starting to look tired, as was our room. Notwithstanding this, the room was spotlessly clean. The hotel is a convenient base for exploring Glasgow and is only an hours drive away from the ferry terminals which serve the Firth of Clyde ferries (i.e. Arran, Bute, Cowal peninsula etc). Leisure facilities are good also with a nice warm pool. Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride to celebrate your special occasion and also for leaving a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you found the hotel staff to be friendly and enjoyed dining in our Seasons Restaurant.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!