“Staff make the hotel”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed May 6, 2013

As has been reported previously, the hotel is on the surface very run down and dated. As you park your car you have to navigate a car park full of pot holes. Inside the hotel does resemble how it looked when it first opened 40 years ago.
The rooms need modernising and the TVs and furniture in the room seem to haver been overlooked for the last 20 years.

But the staff really make the hotel. The reception staff are friendly and try to be accomodating. Our room was not ready when we checked in after 12 noon and we should really have been offered a drink whilst we waited.

Requests for newspapers etc were always met with a smile.

The restaurant for dinner and breakfast is excellent. The hotel does retain its restaurant staff and all the stops were pulled out when 6 of us had dinner at the hotel.

The housekeeping department is well run and the hotel does recognise Priority Club members. We received a free drink and a very decent family room.

If you are room only breakfast is available at £10 per head if requested the night before. We asked for breakfast on the day and the night time reception staff tried to charge us £13.50. We declined this and felt the staff were extremely rude. We left the hotel without their inflated breakfast. This tarnished our stay, which was a shame as we have been visiting the hotel for over 10 years and this is my first criticism of the staff.

Room Tip: Do contact the hotel reservations department before hand if you have any specific requests
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

I would like to thank you for your return custom to our hotel & for being a Platinum Priority Club member. We value all types of feedback from our guests both positive and constructive. I am glad to hear you feel our staff are attentive & friendly, I will share your comments with our teams.

Should you wish to add breakfast to your stay we offer a discounted £10 advance purchase price the evening before and should you decide on the morning, the full price is £13.95. I am sorry that on this occasion you feel the level of service from our staff did not meet your expectations.

If you are planning another visit to East Kilbride soon, please contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn East Kilbride

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Lisa was on Reception for most of my stay and she was wonderful. Friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her.
The hotel itself is by a couple of busy roads, but I was not disturbed by traffic noise as I kept my window shut.
The hotel rooms and corridors had a slightly old fashioned feel to them, but everything was well maintained and clean. There is a Morrisons supermarket a few minutes drive away.
The hotel has a large gym and pool, but I was a bit put off of these as they were often crowded by non-guests, which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul F

Thank you for leaving a positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride and were able to take advantage of complimentary use of Health Central, our health & fitness club.

I am pleased you found our staff friendly and I have passed your kind comments to Lisa, one of our reception team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

night out on sat 27th april for the abba night was good but the food was okay soup was okay dinner okay pudding was not nice at all cheesecake was so dry not even a bit of cream for 26.00 itcould be better

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Our tribute nights are always very popular and I am glad you enjoyed the Abba Tribute you attended at the weekend.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the menu; I have passed your comments over to our Executive Chef to review.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here on business in April.

The rooms in the hotel were tired and in general there was a need for refurbishment. However staff were friendly and the food was of a reasonable quality. The hotel and room were both clean and it did the job for one night. I felt the pricing was set to reflect the condition of the hotel and therefore couldn't really complain.

I would consider staying again but only for business purposes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am happy you found the staff at the hotel pleasant and enjoyed eating in our restaurant. I am also pleased that the hotel was convenient for your business needs & you found your overnight stay good value.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good size family room. Breakfast good, staff very friendly. Wifi would not connect. Room comfortable but starting to look dated and tired. Wooden furniture corners worn. Wallpaper lifting and split at different places. Door had holes from removed items on the door, large gap around entry door let light and noise from corridor in. Shower clean but grout showing mould at bottom edges.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed the size of the room and quality of breakfast at the Holiday Inn Glasgow East Kilbride. I am also pleased to read that you were extremely satisfied with the service received by our staff.

In order to investigate the room conditions as stated, please could I ask that you contact me on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com so that we can follow up on this.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a very average hotel, however the hotel staff were excellent, always cheerful and very helpful. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and on one evening and were less than impressed. The lighting was dim. some of the chairs had seen better days and the food was very average. The hotel, itself was clean and the rooms were fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

I am happy you found your room clean and comfortable during your stay with us.

I appreciate that you also found the level of service from our staff excellent, pleasant and friendly.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

A few people have commented that the hotel could do with a few quid being spent on refurbishment and that is probaboly true, but I had a really comfortable stay with good friendly service. Room was a decent size and was spotlessly clean. Only grumble was the tv which i think must have been made in the 80s!!!! Nice health club with pool. Definitely one of the better Holdiay Inns I've stayed in recently.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us, and made use of Health Central, our fitness centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!