As has been reported previously, the hotel is on the surface very run down and dated. As you park your car you have to navigate a car park full of pot holes. Inside the hotel does resemble how it looked when it first opened 40 years ago.
The rooms need modernising and the TVs and furniture in the room seem to haver been overlooked for the last 20 years.
But the staff really make the hotel. The reception staff are friendly and try to be accomodating. Our room was not ready when we checked in after 12 noon and we should really have been offered a drink whilst we waited.
Requests for newspapers etc were always met with a smile.
The restaurant for dinner and breakfast is excellent. The hotel does retain its restaurant staff and all the stops were pulled out when 6 of us had dinner at the hotel.
The housekeeping department is well run and the hotel does recognise Priority Club members. We received a free drink and a very decent family room.
If you are room only breakfast is available at £10 per head if requested the night before. We asked for breakfast on the day and the night time reception staff tried to charge us £13.50. We declined this and felt the staff were extremely rude. We left the hotel without their inflated breakfast. This tarnished our stay, which was a shame as we have been visiting the hotel for over 10 years and this is my first criticism of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride, with its air conditioned guestrooms, is centrally located in the bustling town of East Kilbride just 7 miles from Glasgow city centre. The motorway network is easily accessible too, as are Glasgow International & Prestwick Airports. East Kilbride has lots to do; visit East Kilbride Shopping Centre, one of Scotland s largest, stroll the cobbled streets of the old village or there s Calderglen Country Park. There s also golf, ten pin bowling, a cinema and ice rink. M&D s Theme Park and Hampden Park, Scotland s National Stadium are close by too. Why not head to Glasgow for Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow Science Centre or some of the best shopping outside London. If you re in Glasgow or East Kilbride on business, our air conditioned meeting rooms for up to 400 delegates plus high speed Internet access throughout the hotel create the perfect working space. Complimentary for guests, our impressive Health Central Leisure Club, with its indoor pool, is perfect for unwinding. Our restaurant brings casual, relaxed dining to East Kilbrides restaurant scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn East Kilbride reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Hotel East Kilbride
- East Kilbride Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Scotland