“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Lisa was on Reception for most of my stay and she was wonderful. Friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her.
The hotel itself is by a couple of busy roads, but I was not disturbed by traffic noise as I kept my window shut.
The hotel rooms and corridors had a slightly old fashioned feel to them, but everything was well maintained and clean. There is a Morrisons supermarket a few minutes drive away.
The hotel has a large gym and pool, but I was a bit put off of these as they were often crowded by non-guests, which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul F
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for leaving a positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride and were able to take advantage of complimentary use of Health Central, our health & fitness club.

I am pleased you found our staff friendly and I have passed your kind comments to Lisa, one of our reception team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Blantyre, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

night out on sat 27th april for the abba night was good but the food was okay soup was okay dinner okay pudding was not nice at all cheesecake was so dry not even a bit of cream for 26.00 itcould be better

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Our tribute nights are always very popular and I am glad you enjoyed the Abba Tribute you attended at the weekend.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the menu; I have passed your comments over to our Executive Chef to review.

North Yorks
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here on business in April.

The rooms in the hotel were tired and in general there was a need for refurbishment. However staff were friendly and the food was of a reasonable quality. The hotel and room were both clean and it did the job for one night. I felt the pricing was set to reflect the condition of the hotel and therefore couldn't really complain.

I would consider staying again but only for business purposes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am happy you found the staff at the hotel pleasant and enjoyed eating in our restaurant. I am also pleased that the hotel was convenient for your business needs & you found your overnight stay good value.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good size family room. Breakfast good, staff very friendly. Wifi would not connect. Room comfortable but starting to look dated and tired. Wooden furniture corners worn. Wallpaper lifting and split at different places. Door had holes from removed items on the door, large gap around entry door let light and noise from corridor in. Shower clean but grout showing mould at bottom edges.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed the size of the room and quality of breakfast at the Holiday Inn Glasgow East Kilbride. I am also pleased to read that you were extremely satisfied with the service received by our staff.

In order to investigate the room conditions as stated, please could I ask that you contact me on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com so that we can follow up on this.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards

Luxulyan, Cornwall
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a very average hotel, however the hotel staff were excellent, always cheerful and very helpful. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and on one evening and were less than impressed. The lighting was dim. some of the chairs had seen better days and the food was very average. The hotel, itself was clean and the rooms were fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 13, 2013

I am happy you found your room clean and comfortable during your stay with us.

I appreciate that you also found the level of service from our staff excellent, pleasant and friendly.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

North Lakes, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A few people have commented that the hotel could do with a few quid being spent on refurbishment and that is probaboly true, but I had a really comfortable stay with good friendly service. Room was a decent size and was spotlessly clean. Only grumble was the tv which i think must have been made in the 80s!!!! Nice health club with pool. Definitely one of the better Holdiay Inns I've stayed in recently.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us, and made use of Health Central, our fitness centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed Saturday overnight to attend a party nearby and was pleasantly surprised at what a warm welcome and a very comfortable room. Reception staff on check in and departure were extremely helpful. Staff in the bar a young lady was very pleasant even into the early hours of the morning. We upgraded our room which was on the ground floor and nice and quiet. The room was large clean and comfortable only suggestion the TV was quite old and small but a minor detail as we were out most of the evening. Thankfully a mirror that was at the right height and position for putting on the all important make up. Breakfast staff again very helpful we were given a delightful table for 2 by the window and staff on hand to meet our needs.A good stay and well worth the price paid.

Room Tip: Room 045 very quiet