“Fantastic Birthday Weekend”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights we booked two rooms there was a mix up with my room that was sorted very quickly. I booked a family room this was extremely spacious and very clean the pillows were a bit too firm but on day 2 of my weekend I spoke with Emma in housekeeping who promptly brought me 2 soft pillows. Karlyn on reception was extremely helpful arranging taxis and asking how our evening went she remembered where we were going. We also got a late check out on the Sunday at no extra charge. I booked an advance purchase and couldnt fault the price very reasonable and enjoyable. The swimming pool was great. The only down side which was no fault of the hotel was that there was limited space for spa treatments so I would recommend that you book these in advance. I will definitely be back again had a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Staff were extemely helpful and accommodating. Thanks again for a great stay.

Room Tip: Book a family room which has a double bed and a sofa bed or a twin room with a sofa bed gives and ad...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that Karlyn was able to resolve the situation with your reservation. I have passed your thanks onto both Karlyn and Emma.

I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that I can welcome you back again soon.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Glasgow
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here same time last year and had a good stay so repeated it this year paying for a slightly bigger room. The room was at the end of party corridor. There were parties , hen nights etc all roaming the corridors.

The room was quite shabby -used for too many party nights!

We wanted to watch a film but it would not work so we rang recetion at 8 , at 9 they said that they would move us to an executive room so I got dressed again and didn't have my bath at 9.30 they told us the whole system was down and would we like a bottle of wine.

In the morning we were knocked up first by room service -fair enough but then by a suited woman at 11.50 as if it were some type of bootcamp and they were making sure you were out by 12. -I have never had this happen in 500+ hotel stays.

At 10.45 all the empty rooms had been left open by the cleaner -about 20 rooms -so they had lots to clean so did not need to waken us. There is a stairwell down to the party area which at 12 noon was still littered with glasses/bottles etc . There seemed to be no hurry to move these at all.

The room we had this year seemed not as big or as nice as last year and having stayed 2 x recently in the Holiday Inn Express which should be a brand one down from Holiday Inn but were smarter and cleaner with much friendler and willing staff I think it was disappointing and needs some work on both customer service and the condition of the rooms.

It does have a nice spa/pool which might make it better for some people.

Room Tip: Maybe upper floors away from party corridors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced a few issues during your most recent stay.

If you plan to visit the hotel again in the future please contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com and I will ensure that you are looked after during your stay.

Again please accept my sincerest apologies for the points raised, I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Stockport
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel on a regular basis and on this occasion I joined him to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the minute we checked in to the time we left, the staff were extremely courteous and went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasurable, even to the point of organising a room upgrade and a greetings card with bottle of wine for our anniversary. The food in the restaurant was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast. Overall a lovely relaxing stay.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank cooperracing1963
Scott D, Reception Supervisor at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating your wedding anniversary and found our staff to be friendly and accommodating; I will make sure your kind comments are passed over to the team.

We hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My first stay at this hotel was last Thursday night on a business trip to Glasgow. I booked dinner bed and breakfast in an executive room.

Reception welcome was warm - just what you need after a four hour drive. The room was large, beautifully clean but just a tad tired. Unusually for H.I. it had an antique TV...!!!

Service in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast was faultless - as was the food. My teeny weeny criticism was my usual tipple of Villa Maria sauvignon blanc cost £2 more than the other Holiday Inns I use regularly.

This hotel tries so hard to please - I would have no hesitation in recommending that should your travels take you to East Kilbride - the Holiday Inn will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: i was in room 200
1 Thank Chestertripper
Scott D, Reception Supervisor at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for leaving a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

We are glad that you found the reception welcoming and found the service you received of a high standard.

I have passed your comments over to our restaurant staff & to our executive chef also.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

They had no record of my booking and showed little sympathy either. I got a refund a few days later when I could prove how unreliable their on-line booking system was, but no compensation for the hassle of unsuccessfully trying to find somewhere else cheaper late at night.

Rooms are as anodyne as can be, very tired, not even a biscuit with the tea set. Which itself must be pretty difficult to use for those with limited mobility as it is tucked under the TV cabinet ....whose door handles fall off.

Some reminder to other guests that they are not at home and to show some respect for others might help reduce the number of kids running and shouting up the corridor at 1 am, and perhaps some doors that weren't designed to slam as loudly as possible would help. And I don't think I've slept on a harder place that wasn't under canvas.

Room Tip: Find another hotel ?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. We value all kinds of feedback at the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

I am sorry that you experienced problems during your stay with us. If you are staying with us again, please contact me directly at nightsmgr@hieastkilbride.com to discuss your booking.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Winchester
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my third visit here, and it has always been a good place to stay. Car parking is sometimes a little tight, however once in, there is always a warm welcome from reception. Rooms large, well furnished and equipped. Free WiFi is a good bonus. Limited selection of food in the bar so have normally eaten in restaurant which has French theme. Food has been generally good- better than most holiday inns I have stayed in, but limited if you are looking for healthy options. Prices reasonable and service good. Breakfast - buffet style- good quality but can be chaotic when large numbers arrive at once. There is an excellent gym on site, well equipped with good pool which helps make this hotel for me. I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and service received by our reception and restaurant team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the future.

Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

i had a regular double room, nothing special, maybe could do with updating a little, old style TV, lighting is a little low, there is was no main ceiling light, just all wall and lamps.
I had breakfast, that was good, plenty of choice from the buffet, fill you boots.
Didn't use the leisure facilities so cannot comment.

Room Tip: try and get a room not on the ground floor or you are likely to be next to the road that circles the...
1 Thank Paul W

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant. In order to have our maintenance department look into the lighting in the bedroom please can you contact myself on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Torrance Hotel
Torrance Hotel
#4 of 7 in East Kilbride
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!