“Decent hotel”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Comfortable large rooms, although they are a bit out dated. Could do with more modern furniture and tv's. That aside we got a good nights sleep.
Good buffet breakfast with many options.
Good pool and gym facilities which are free to use.
Not the most welcoming bar though and prices are steep.
Overall decent hotel in good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in our hotel restaurant.

Your comments regarding the décor and bar prices has been passed to both our maintenance and restaurant managers.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon to the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this small hotel, because it's close to the East Kilbride shopping centre, and I love the facilities, the gym and also the spa. If you book in advance, you can get cheap rooms. The La Bonne serves delicious meal. I'm taking the family this Christmas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn and the meal consumed in our onsite restaurant.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a spa weekend and it was excellent value for money. All staff were very welcoming and helpful, we turned up early for our spa treatments and the receptionist went out of her way to ensure we got a room 3hours before the check in time. The spa treatments were very relaxing and staff were lovely. The swimming pool is also very nice and was quiet so excellent for our relaxing stay.
We ate in the restaurant that night, the food was beautiful and was included in our price so didn't spend a penny the whole time we were there.
I would defiently stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Gayle026
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn and the meal consumed in La Bonne Auberge, our onsite restaurant.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding at a nearby venue. The place is out of Glasgow by about 40 minutes and is at a junction of A roads so not a beauty spot.

The staff were helpful throughout our stay.

BUT the hotel had a number of things which I didn't expect from a Holiday Inn even though the wedding party were accommodated at a discount rate. First example - the climate control in the room was like a fridge on low setting (we were there in November on a cold weekend). Several others in our party remarked on the same thing. It didn't seem to matter if you punched in 26 degrees, the air con only worked when it felt like it. The reception staff said they could control it from their desk - but why couldn't I? Second example - the breakfast bar. On day one I could not catch anyone's eye for a coffee pot tho there were lots of staff running around. The toaster gave you hot bread unless you got it to go round twice, at which point one slice had a wide blackened stripe down one side. The cooked food was hit and miss - sometimes eggs were on offer, sometimes mushrooms, sometimes things were missing and took quite a long time to appear. Even bread for toasting (very ordinary mass produced sliced rubbish at that) ran out both mornings of our stay. The best was when I ordered a kipper and it did arrive freshly cooked, though hard at the edges and extremely dry.

The bedroom was ok but suffered from the 21st century problem endemic in hotels that it was very ill lit. The bathroom has seen better days, with a water problem at the shower end of the bath where constant flow of water (because of the design of the bath/shower unit) meant that it had reached the point where it was damaged and could not be cleaned.

I'm guessing East Kilbride isn't riven with hotels but it still feels like Holiday Inn could do better

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank oohnooh

Thank you for reviewing The Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that the staff present within the hotel were able to help you throughout your stay.

In order to have our maintenance department review the in room issues please could you forward me the room number you resided in via frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com.

If you do plan to visit the hotel again in the future we shall endeavour to look after you during your stay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We attended a function and stayed in Holiday Inn, East Kilbride recently.
The staff wee fantastic at the function, in the hotel and at breakfast.
Our room was immaculate and very spacious.

Only down side of the hotel is the tired Health club Cardio machines look like they have been there since I was a member over 10 years ago.

Other than that it is hats off to the hotel. Great relaxing time.

Room Tip: We had 203. No great view but it is a town hotel so don't know if there are any views. The room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride. I have passed your comments regarding the leisure club to Ross out General Manager for Triangle.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My Son and Daughter in law had their Wedding at the Hotel in September 2012. We had a fantastic time.Wedding coordinator Carla who was excellent could have asked for better . The hotel staff the day before during and after the Wedding .
David who helped me with everything I needed. We spent the night before the wedding day and the wedding day night at the hotel Rooms were great ! food great ! and the staff made us feel nothing was a problem !!
Wedding Day was fantastic ! Staff had the day sorted we just loved everything. Bride and Groom loved their day as did the guests .
Having a Wedding speak to Carla she's the one for you !
A million Thank You's xx

Stayed: September 2012
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

It is excellent that the happy couple thoroughly enjoyed their day with Carla and David being on hand for all that they needed. I, like the other staff at the Holiday Inn are happy to be able to be part of such a momentous day for your son and daughter-in-law.

I hope that we are able to welcome both yourself and the happy couple back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Rooms are big and well furnished. No toiletries, no hot chocolate, kettle is in a really stupid place, TV very old-fashioned. Breakfast OK, toaster not working properly. Main thing for me is that I had to haul my bag up and down stairs, bringing on an asthma attack. On the + side, leisure centre is quite nnice and everything was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for one near to, but not next to, the lift.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I have passed your comments regarding the in room amenities to our housekeeping manager to investigate into as well as the toaster issue to our restaurant manager.

If you plan to visit the hotel again in the future please don’t hesiatate to contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com and I will ensure that we can allocate you a bedroom away from the mezzanine flooring.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns
New Lanark Mill Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!